PDA

View Full Version : Hines wont retire !

Corey_J
01-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Straight from him !

I wanted take a moment to thank all of Steeler Nation for the love and support. I'm sorry for the disappointing loss. I'm still depressed about it. We had a great year finishing 12-4 but our ultimate goal was to win the Super Bowl and we fell short. Hats off to Denver. I'm also getting lots of questions about retirement so let me set the record straight: I have no plans on retiring right now. I want to win another Superbowl. I don't know where the media is getting this info from but rest assured that when I decide to retire, you'll hear it from ME first. - HINES

:tt04:

stb_steeler
01-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Hines been saying this all season....and he's right the media puts this shit into everyones head. GO HINES!!!

StainlessStill
01-09-2012, 05:15 PM
He must restructure. There's no other way. He is as good as our 6th wideout in this system. He's phased out. We may see more 5 wide next season more than ever and maybe Hines will get a couple snaps but people need to realize that he's done with this team as far as big plays and contribution is concerned. It's emotional saying this, he's my ALL TIME favorite Steeler, but if he doesn't restructure, I don't see him back.

His idol was Jerome Bettis on this team when the the Bus was in the SAME EXACT position that Hines is in. Ward cried for Jerome. What did Bettis do? Restructure his deal. We can have a motto next season to get it done for Ward. "RIDE FOR HINES!" He would be our emotional chip. Hope he does it.

ColoradoSteelerFan
01-09-2012, 05:17 PM
He's a $4.6 million hit to the cap. Sorry Hines...LOVE YA...but with Wallace, Brown and Sanders all needing to be secured in the next two seasons (Wallace right away), the Steelers can't afford you. Restructure big time and it might work.

I hate to think about the Steelers without Hines....it just wouldn't seem right.

Fire Arians
01-09-2012, 05:18 PM
he better be willing to restructure to the vet minimum because he's been phased out of this offense

stb_steeler
01-09-2012, 05:19 PM
I agree the cap money to restructure hines contract should be cut, but i think the point that hines is trying to make is that, he's not quitting just because people think he should. We all know he's not a quiter.

HanSteelers
01-09-2012, 05:21 PM
still trust Hines more than any WR we have on the roster...Hines should have been on the field more yesterday in crucial situations.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-09-2012, 05:22 PM
He's a $4.6 million hit to the cap. Sorry Hines...LOVE YA...but with Wallace, Brown and Sanders all needing to be secured in the next two seasons (Wallace right away), the Steelers can't afford you. Restructure big time and it might work.

I hate to think about the Steelers without Hines....it just wouldn't seem right.

I dont even care for wallace no more he is not worth the money he does not fight for the ball most of bens int was because of the fact he dont fight for the ball

ColoradoSteelerFan
01-09-2012, 05:32 PM
I dont even care for wallace no more he is not worth the money he does not fight for the ball most of bens int was because of the fact he dont fight for the ball

Ummmm.....he played for like $700,000 this season. He ranks as the 57th highest paid wide receiver yet finished the season #11 in yards, #25 in receptions, tied for #11 in TD's, #16 in ave/catch.

Seems he was MORE than worth his money.

Yes, he disappeared this season but he's still learning. He's a big time receiver and will be paid like a big time receiver next season whether it's by the Steelers or someone else.

Obviously if you have a brain...you hope it's the Steelers.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Ummmm.....he played for like $700,000 this season. He ranks as the 57th highest paid wide receiver yet finished the season #11 in yards, #25 in receptions, tied for #11 in TD's, #16 in ave/catch.

Seems he was MORE than worth his money.

Yes, he disappeared this season but he's still learning. He's a big time receiver and will be paid like a big time receiver next season whether it's by the Steelers or someone else.

Obviously if you have a brain...you hope it's the Steelers.

idc how good of a reciver you are if you dont fight for the ball in the air you are not worth even top 10 money every top 5 receiver fights for the ball even Antonio Brown fights for it...ik he still is learning but thats the basic thing for a receiver is to fight for the ball remember the 49ers game?? he just watch the ball go to the defender

tanda10506
01-09-2012, 05:41 PM
He's going to have to restructure. I've made this point in a few other threads and this one needs it made too. No matter how it looked on the field, statistically the offense did worse without Ward starting. I prefer the way things look to stats, much like our #1 defense that never showed up this year, but the numbers did go down when Hines went out. Wallace disappeared for 4-5 games straight and dropped the 2 balls thrown his way yesterday, he just flat disappears, I thought Hines should have took his spot yesterday, you shouldn't be able to disappear for a third of the season and disappear in the playoffs and keep starting in front of a vet that has more playoff catches than everybody on the team. Hines was took out for " a lack of productivity" yet productivity, at least by the numbers, went down when he came out. We need to keep him, of course a restructure is necessary, but these young guys, specifically Wallace, have a lot to learn from him still. I think it would be foolish though to think that after getting pushed to the back of the pile while the new "star" receiver disappears for a while, that Hines isn't at least a bit irritated and angry towards the coaching staff.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Vet min for Ward. But we do not need a slogan for Hines, he won 2 rings.

How about for the fans who pay the freight, lol But most 5th wr on a team are also special team players etc. Ward would be only a 5th WR.

tony hipchest
01-09-2012, 06:56 PM
this thread will not be complete until danrooney starts hating on hines and 20 other people point out how hines will need to restructure his deal.

i bet that hasnt even crossed his mind and the FO hasnt even considered it yet.

good thing us fans are on top of it! :tt02:

harrison'samonster
01-09-2012, 06:58 PM
still trust Hines more than any WR we have on the roster...Hines should have been on the field more yesterday in crucial situations.

I completely agree. I know he's gotten older and that Brown has made it to the #1 spot on the roster (or should be), but when it comes down to needing a win, I want Hines on the field.

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2012, 07:00 PM
he better be willing to restructure to the vet minimum because he's been phased out of this offense

:iagree:

Hopefully this does not involve something ugly like Hines being given his release - he needs to recognize it is time to end a great career

MACH1
01-09-2012, 07:39 PM
this thread will not be complete until danrooney starts hating on hines and 20 other people point out how hines will need to restructure his deal.

i bet that hasnt even crossed his mind and the FO hasnt even considered it yet.

good thing us fans are on top of it! :tt02:

Homer.

:chuckle:

And the hating starts in 3...2...1....

bornaSteelersfan
01-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Hines Ward is the man. I was absolutely disgusted in last year's SB when the play kept going to Wallace and he had no clue what to do. I think if more plays in that SB, as well as yesterday's game, were directed towards Hines Ward, we would have had a much better chance to win. Wallace dropped the ball, but Ward didn't even get a real chance. I wouldn't be surprised if Wallace gets offered "sick-mad" amounts of money to play for some other team. With the probable loss of Cotchery next year as well, we will be begging to have Ward back on the field next season.

objectivefan
01-09-2012, 10:17 PM
I didnt know Hines was still on the team ??
He has become completely useless

DanRooney
01-10-2012, 04:32 AM
CBS tracker at the bottom of my TV said he was our starting WR during the game on Sunday. Put that in the stat book.

Opt2loc
01-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Hines Ward is the man. I was absolutely disgusted in last year's SB when the play kept going to Wallace and he had no clue what to do. I think if more plays in that SB, as well as yesterday's game, were directed towards Hines Ward, we would have had a much better chance to win. Wallace dropped the ball, but Ward didn't even get a real chance. I wouldn't be surprised if Wallace gets offered "sick-mad" amounts of money to play for some other team. With the probable loss of Cotchery next year as well, we will be begging to have Ward back on the field next season.

Ward's and Wallace's stats were almost identical in last years SB.

Ward will most likely play out his contract and collect the 4 mil left on it before he retires. Unless he is forced out by injury.

ColoradoSteelerFan
01-10-2012, 09:45 AM
CBS tracker at the bottom of my TV said he was our starting WR during the game on Sunday. Put that in the stat book.

I'd put it in the stat book...but I can't find Ward's name in there. Seems he didn't have a catch. Hmmm.....

DanRooney
01-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Ward's and Wallace's stats were almost identical in last years SB.

Ward will most likely play out his contract and collect the 4 mil left on it before he retires. Unless he is forced out by injury.

Randle El probably had similar numbers in the SB too.

No he won't.

Opt2loc
01-10-2012, 01:28 PM

No he won't.

Wallace 9rec 89yds 1td
Ward 7rec 78yds 1td
RE 2rec 50yds 0td

Fire Arians
01-10-2012, 01:31 PM
it's crazy how much ward regressed from last year. was he hiding some kind of injury? i don't think age hits you that fast in 1 year

MACH1
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM

No he won't.

It's really going to chap your ass when he's playing here next year. :toofunny:

DanRooney
01-10-2012, 04:36 PM
It's really going to chap your ass when he's playing here next year. :toofunny:

Not one bit when he's catching passes from Tavaris Jackson. :sofunny: Will you change your favorite teams? Because obviously you aren't thinking about the best interest of ours.

MACH1
01-10-2012, 05:22 PM
:yawn: