PDA

View Full Version : ed reed signs extension

tony hipchest
06-27-2006, 05:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2502163

terms undisclosed but about $15 million in bonuses. the price for polamalu just got a little steeper. you know s. taylor is already thinking holdout now. the steelers need to work quick before the bar is set even higher

Black@Gold Forever32
06-27-2006, 06:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2502163

terms undisclosed but about $15 million in bonuses. the price for polamalu just got a little steeper. you know s. taylor is already thinking holdout now. the steelers need to work quick before the bar is set even higher

I don't know if Troy would want Ed Reed money. He drives a Kia. Troy doesn't seem to be into material things and all about the bling that most NFL players are like. Now his agent is the one we need to worry about.

tony hipchest
06-27-2006, 06:17 PM
I don't know if Troy would want Ed Reed money. He drives a Kia. Troy doesn't seem to be into material things and all about the bling that most NFL players are like. Now his agent is the one we need to worry about. i really dont think we will hear nothing of it until after this season. at that point i think the steelers will wanna step up in the way they did with casey hampton. the earlier they re-do a deal, the more they are likely to save in the long run.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-27-2006, 06:25 PM
i really dont think we will hear nothing of it until after this season. at that point i think the steelers will wanna step up in the way they did with casey hampton. the earlier they re-do a deal, the more they are likely to save in the long run.

I agree Tony totally. The earlier the Steelers rework Troy's contract the better deal they will get. Plus they should rework his contract after this season. He is one of those special players you just can't let go. Perfect hybrid S/LB for Coach LeBeau's 3-4 scheme.

Ambridge
06-27-2006, 07:16 PM
BTW who is Troy's agent??

Hopefully Troy keeps on being the humble soldier and re-signs for a fair and respectable deal.

On the other hand I don't want to think about what it's going to take to re-sign Ben, especially if he keeps on playing the way he has.

tony hipchest
06-27-2006, 07:20 PM
BTW who is Troy's agent??

Hopefully Troy keeps on being the humble soldier and re-signs for a fair and respectable deal.

On the other hand I don't want to think about what it's going to take to re-sign Ben, especially if he keeps on playing the way he has. its gonna take alot of cash but if teams like indy and the pats can do it, we can do it better!

DIESELMAN
06-27-2006, 07:33 PM
John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Baltimore Ravens SS Ed Reed's contract extension is a seven-year deal worth $40 million, including $15 million in guaranteed money.

Gee lets see do I want to bounce around the league making millions but no championships or do I restructure, still make a damn good paycheck, keep the championship team intact and play for more rings. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Troy and Bens contracts come up.....:helmet:

NJarhead
06-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Did anyone hear his interview yesterday on Sirius NFL Network?

He called his new contract extention " a blessing in da sky." WTF does that mean???? Typical B-more chuckle head. Sounds like something Mike Tyson would say..."he fought like a warrior and I'd just like to take my hand off to him."

Didn't these guys go to college?...and graduate?:dang:

CowherLover
06-28-2006, 08:46 AM
No matter how you break it down, we are gonna be some broke a$$ biatches by 2008,lol!

BlackNGold203
06-28-2006, 10:00 AM

Ed Reed went to the Univ of Miami....so to answer your question....NO

:coffee:

NJarhead
06-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Ed Reed went to the Univ of Miami....so to answer your question....NO

:coffee:

You are correct sir! So I should ammend my comment to, "typical chuckle head from Da U."

Ambridge
06-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Did anyone hear his interview yesterday on Sirius NFL Network?

He called his new contract extention " a blessing in da sky." WTF does that mean???? Typical B-more chuckle head. Sounds like something Mike Tyson would say..."he fought like a warrior and I'd just like to take my hand off to him."

I heard the replay of that interview when I was heading into work early this morning and was thinking the same thing when I heard Reed say "A blessing in da sky".
:rofl:

What a dumbass!!

tony hipchest
06-28-2006, 05:36 PM
I heard the replay of that interview when I was heading into work early this morning and was thinking the same thing when I heard Reed say "A blessing in da sky".
:rofl:

What a dumbass!!emmitt smith was classic for these butchered cliches and phrases. some of these ghetto atheletes need to be banned from using them, i mean, i dont need to hear about "the strong that broke the camels back"

and ed reed needs to be banned from speaking. he makes mushmouth sound litterate and Radio sound intelligent.

dude is dumb as dirt

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Troy may drive a Kia........But when he saw Reed sign a contract with a 15 million signing bonus.....he deffiently started lookin on-line at the prices of a new Hyundai.....:smile:
Hes goona get his money.........He deserves it.....Hes part of every defensive play...
Teams have to game plan for him......

SteelerFanInCA
06-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Troy will definitely get his $$$$$. He's too big a part of the puzzle not to make him happy. Let's hope Troy's humbleness will keep him in a Steelers uniform.

CowherLover
06-28-2006, 07:06 PM
emmitt smith was classic for these butchered cliches and phrases. some of these ghetto atheletes need to be banned from using them, i mean, i dont need to hear about "the strong that broke the camels back"

and ed reed needs to be banned from speaking. he makes mushmouth sound litterate and Radio sound intelligent.

dude is dumb as dirt
That just means he's got a place in the BOOF next to Emmit when he's ready, or maybe next to Shannon "Slobber-Face Sharpe" when he's ready. Kills me too, man. Diction and pronunciation are taught long before you hit college. What does that say about the education in our society? SCARY!!!!!! Before anyone might be inclined to mention my sentence structure... I know and I'll work on it, lol!

tony hipchest
06-28-2006, 07:27 PM
watching nba draft and a potential #1 pick prospect says

"everybody here is deservant"

ed reed?????

NJarhead
06-29-2006, 07:26 AM
watching nba draft and a potential #1 pick prospect says

"everybody here is deservant"

ed reed?????

To be honest, I'm going to start using "Blessing in da sky." That's just too damn funny. Think about about it, even if he had said "Blessing in disguise" it still wouldn't have made any sense because it was a contract extention....not like he got cut and signed with a team that won the SB. He should have just cut it short at "Blessin'."

NJarhead
06-29-2006, 07:28 AM
That just means he's got a place in the BOOF next to Emmit when he's ready, or maybe next to Shannon "Slobber-Face Sharpe" when he's ready. Kills me too, man. Diction and pronunciation are taught long before you hit college. What does that say about the education in our society? SCARY!!!!!! Before anyone might be inclined to mention my sentence structure... I know and I'll work on it, lol!

LOL. Don't get me started on Shannon Sharpe. Although you really can't type the crap that comes out of his mouth with any accuracy. He sounds like what's his face from Fat Albert..."Heyba Johnba, throw me da ballba."

BlitzburghRockCity
06-29-2006, 07:50 AM
Ed reed signs an extension... :blah: who cares. All we hear about with the ratbirds is how great ed reed is, and how great ray ray is, and oh they are so important to the team, yeah whatever.

The rest of the team sux and ray ray is overrated and doesnt scare anyone anymore. I hate the ratbirds with a passion but even if I didnt...I'd still take our Troy P. over Ed Reed anyday of the week.

We shouldnt have a big problem signing Troy at this point. He's awesome and the best safety in the league bar none. He's a team guy and will just want his fair share so it shouldnt be a big issue with him when the time comes to re up his contract.

Then again we didnt think it'd be an issue getting Hines back under contract, but I do think Troy is a bit different scenario than Hines was.