PDA

View Full Version : Pinball football...................

Ricco Suavez
01-09-2012, 05:25 PM
With nearly every rule change or mandate by Goodell aimed at making this league a point a minute sprint I for one would like some rules put in place to at least even it somewhat.

I would love to see the college version of Pass Interference used in the upcoming season 15 yds from line of scrimmage. Too easy for the refs to throw a flag on even the slightest bumps. Used to a receiver had to fight for a ball now all they got to do is stop or slow down and initiate contact and then cry foul. This would still not solve the real issue but it would eliminate those 40-50 yard throw a prayer shots.

I would love to see the NFL look again into helmet to helmet hits. If you are going to call the defense for lowering their heads then how bout the offensive players that lower theirs. I mean a WR catches the pass and comes into a lowered position just before getting hit and then we all cry dirty, needs to be some leeway with this or at the very least more consistency.

O-Line Chop Blocks, man what a definition they use, how bout we just eliminate all blocking below the waist while another lineman is engaged with the defender, not this bull where if he comes from two places over its legal.

I would love to see the refs call offensive holding when they have their arms wrapped all the way around the defenders neck. I know i am a homer but man Harrison gets held on roughly 40-60 percent of all snaps.

If you have any others please add.

tony hipchest
01-09-2012, 06:14 PM
has anyone confirmed whether it was a chop block that wrecked hamptons knee? im willing to bet it was.

BleedPurple
01-09-2012, 10:03 PM
I would love to see the college version of Pass Interference used in the upcoming season 15 yds from line of scrimmage. Too easy for the refs to throw a flag on even the slightest bumps. Used to a receiver had to fight for a ball now all they got to do is stop or slow down and initiate contact and then cry foul. This would still not solve the real issue but it would eliminate those 40-50 yard throw a prayer shots.

Terrible idea. Get burned on a deep ball? Just tackle the receiver! 15 yards beats the hell out of 80 yds and a TD.