PDA

View Full Version : Senate rejects flag desecration amendment.....

DIESELMAN
06-27-2006, 06:58 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060627/ap_on_go_co/flag_amendment

This pisses me off so bad....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-27-2006, 07:59 PM
C'mon Diesel you didn't really think they had the cajones to do what's right... I do agree that maybe if the law were enforced it would be better than an amendment. But it still pisses one off!!!

CAH
06-27-2006, 09:46 PM
It would be better to just charge those idiots with arson or let people kick their asses.
I'm in favor of a good ass-kicking for American flag burners, too. :smoker:

Koopa
06-27-2006, 09:49 PM
that's some horse shit, damn hippies win again, on the forum in my sig i argued for like 11 pages with the hippy flag burner. i hope the next person the disrecpts the flag catches themself on fire lol

blackvelvet
06-28-2006, 11:48 AM
It's ridiculous that we even need to think about making this an ammendment to the Constitution in the first place. *sighs* Patriotism isn't like what it used to be.

shimmysteelerfan
06-28-2006, 12:03 PM
its a damn shame. It should be a felony to burn the flag. 5 years in prison and 2 years probabtion.

Mosca
06-28-2006, 12:59 PM
You know how many flag burning incidents there have been in the past 5 years in this country?

This is garbage legislation intended to turn your attention away from the real issues. It is a bill with no issue to address. And anyhow, flag burning is exactly the kind of "free speech" that The Constitution is designed to protect. Flag burning hurts no one; all it does is piss off a lot of people, and that's what the flag burners want to do. You might as well pass a constitutional amendment outlawing calling people arsehats. You're better off ignoring flag burning for the juvenile and sophomoric action that it is; a pointless gesture that does nothing to illuminate or resolve issues.

Tom

Maidenarcher
06-28-2006, 03:52 PM

I definitely agree with this...I hate to admit I am a big sap when it comes to Patriotism. I cry when I hear "Proud To Be An American", when we do the National Anthem, or anything Patriotic.
However, there is one thing that almost ticks me off as much as flag burning...
Some of you may not agree, especially the men, but I don't like seeing the flag on swim suits(1 piece or bikini) or any type of clothing that is not represented in a tasteful manner. Even a beach towel that you would throw on the ground....I know it may seem silly, but I think the flag should be displayed in an honorable way and not on someone's butt.

Hawk Believer
06-28-2006, 04:22 PM
People who burn the flag suck. But amendments to the Constitution should be about giving people rights, not taking them away. As far as I can think of, only one that took some of our freedom away was the prohibition one (sorry can't remember the number). And we all saw how well that worked out.

I think we are better off denouncing and marginalizing people who burn the flag instead of beginning to chip away at perhaps our most fundamental freedom. To amend the Constitution because of a few yahoos would just empower them.

I heard some comedian note recently that there is no worse time to be a gay flag burner than in an election year. Doesn't it seem funny to most of you that these kinds of issues that get people fired up but don't really affect most of our lives suddnely spring up when there is an election around the corner? Both sides do it; it drives me bonkers.

Hawk Believer
06-28-2006, 04:25 PM
I definitely agree with this...I hate to admit I am a big sap when it comes to Patriotism. I cry when I hear "Proud To Be An American", when we do the National Anthem, or anything Patriotic.
However, there is one thing that almost ticks me off as much as flag burning...
Some of you may not agree, especially the men, but I don't like seeing the flag on swim suits(1 piece or bikini) or any type of clothing that is not represented in a tasteful manner. Even a beach towel that you would throw on the ground....I know it may seem silly, but I think the flag should be displayed in an honorable way and not on someone's butt.
I feel the same way about athletes who wrap the flag around their sweaty bodies to celebrate an international victory. Just wave the freaking flag, don't let it touch the ground, and don't towel off with it for chrissakes!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-28-2006, 05:07 PM
IF YOU BAN FLAG BURNING YOU CONTRADICT WHAT THE FLAG STANDS FOR......
Dont get me wrong...I do not agree with it....
I served in the military for 6 years......Spent 14 months in Iraq..and am now out on a medical discharge for loosing my hearing.....
It would piss me off to see someone burn the flag.....I feel i personally sacraficed alot of my self for the "flag"
Im 26 and have to wear hearing aides in both ears for the rest of my life....

What im trying to say is that our flag stands for freedom
and if someone wants to burn it thats their "freedom" or right.......

With that said.....It should be anyones right to kick their ass around for a few minutes if seen......

Oh and for anyone that has a motorcycle..
sing on to http://www.patriotguard.org/ it is a great group doing great things for the family of fallen heros.

HometownGal
06-28-2006, 06:05 PM

How 'bout if we just kick the arses of the Senators who voted no to this amendment?

Well lookie at two of the talking heads and the grand pubah of all traitors who voted no. Not a surprise. :rolleyes: What a giant smack in the face to all of the brave men and women who serve and have served our country.

Among possible presidential contenders in 2008, six voted yes: Democrat Evan Bayh of Indiana and Republicans George Allen of Virginia, Sam Brownback of Kansas, Frist, Chuck Hagel of Nebraska, and John McCain of Arizona. Five, all Democrats, voted no: Joseph Biden of Delaware, Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York, Christopher Dodd of Connecticut, Russell Feingold of Wisconsin, John Kerry of Massachusetts.

Mosca
06-28-2006, 06:40 PM
LOL, your freedoms are eroding as you write, and no one seems to care.

Not related to the flag burning "issue", but definitely related to this reactionary "I don't have to worry because I'm not guilty" attitude everyone seems to have developed over the last 5 years; just the other day I couldn't deliver a Corvette to a Gulf War vet because his forms of identification did not meet the current standards; he had an expired out of state drivers license and a brown military ID. I needed a current PA license or a green military ID. He isn't active duty any more so he can't get the green ID, and his PA license is currently suspended. So, he can't take delivery of a new car. The penalty for me delivering that car to him is a 3 month suspension of my agent's privilege to issue plates. It is now against the law to sell a new car to a person without proper photo ID.

Believe me, all this stuff is going to come down to your level. Keep voting to restrict things, and eventually you'll be standing by the side of the road with someone asking you, "Mey I zee your payperzz, pleezz?" Let the idiots burn the flag. It doesn't matter, everyone knows they are just being juvenile morons. It's not worth subverting the Constitution. And remember that it's an issue without a problem; no one is burning the flag. Your representatives are using it to divert your attention from massive deficits, a bungled occupation that followed a successful invasion, widespread corruption, the shrinking purchasing power of your dollar, the soaring costs of higher education (and the "tax cut" that eliminated the college tuition tax deduction), and the naked invasion of your privacy that is growing faster than you could ever imagine.

Tom

Black@Gold Forever32
06-28-2006, 07:24 PM
IF YOU BAN FLAG BURNING YOU CONTRADICT WHAT THE FLAG STANDS FOR......
Dont get me wrong...I do not agree with it....
I served in the military for 6 years......Spent 14 months in Iraq..and am now out on a medical discharge for loosing my hearing.....
It would piss me off to see someone burn the flag.....I feel i personally sacraficed alot of my self for the "flag"
Im 26 and have to wear hearing aides in both ears for the rest of my life....

What im trying to say is that our flag stands for freedom
and if someone wants to burn it thats their "freedom" or right.......

With that said.....It should be anyones right to kick their ass around for a few minutes if seen......

Oh and for anyone that has a motorcycle..
sing on to http://www.patriotguard.org/ it is a great group doing great things for the family of fallen heros.

I agree with you if someone wants to burn the flag....Its their right. But I'm with you if they do then they should get their ass kicked for spitting in the face of our country and military.

tony hipchest
06-28-2006, 07:36 PM
LOL, your freedoms are eroding as you write, and no one seems to care.

Not related to the flag burning "issue", but definitely related to this reactionary "I don't have to worry because I'm not guilty" attitude everyone seems to have developed over the last 5 years; just the other day I couldn't deliver a Corvette to a Gulf War vet because his forms of identification did not meet the current standards; he had an expired out of state drivers license and a brown military ID. I needed a current PA license or a green military ID. He isn't active duty any more so he can't get the green ID, and his PA license is currently suspended. So, he can't take delivery of a new car. The penalty for me delivering that car to him is a 3 month suspension of my agent's privilege to issue plates. It is now against the law to sell a new car to a person without proper photo ID.

Believe me, all this stuff is going to come down to your level. Keep voting to restrict things, and eventually you'll be standing by the side of the road with someone asking you, "Mey I zee your payperzz, pleezz?" Let the idiots burn the flag. It doesn't matter, everyone knows they are just being juvenile morons. It's not worth subverting the Constitution. And remember that it's an issue without a problem; no one is burning the flag. Your representatives are using it to divert your attention from massive deficits, a bungled occupation that followed a successful invasion, widespread corruption, the shrinking purchasing power of your dollar, the soaring costs of higher education (and the "tax cut" that eliminated the college tuition tax deduction), and the naked invasion of your privacy that is growing faster than you could ever imagine.

Tom excellent post (although it may have been a bit too real)

X-Terminator
06-29-2006, 08:01 AM
I'll just reiterate what some others have said here - if they have the right to burn the flag, then I have the right to stomp a mudhole in their asses and walk it dry. Hey, it's only fair.