PDA

View Full Version : Refs, not Jesus helps Tebow

Raw Steel
01-10-2012, 02:02 PM
I know. I am whiny Steeler fan. The national media, blogs and message boards have us pegged as whiny.

Hey I might be whiny, but I also might be right about my headline.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_19706529

http://www.mercurynews.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=4174784

FanSince72
01-10-2012, 02:41 PM
It's a little ticky-tack...

unless of course the guy that's highlighted is Hines Ward, in which case they'll call an illegal formation every time.

kirklandrules
01-10-2012, 02:53 PM
That's like calling traveling in the NBA. You could call it on any play but why stop the game? In the end, there was no real advantage gained (such as holding Harrison).

steelax04
01-10-2012, 02:56 PM
In my opinion, BFD... if he was a half a step closer to the line, they still score the TD. It had no bearing on the play and isn't even remotely close to the reason why the Steelers lost.

theplatypus
01-10-2012, 03:11 PM
What's that old cliche about spilled milk?

BroncoJohnson
01-10-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm Broncos fan, but I haven't rubbed the game in anybody's face. But I WILL say Pittsburgh was on the + side of officiating. Tim Tebow was facemasked on 3 plays and they were no calls, and if the whistle wasn't blown on that screen pass you could give us a free possession and take away 7 points from the steelers.

SteelCityMom
01-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Oh believe me, we understand that as well. Steelers maybe got away with a few more things, but there were a couple of bs calls that went against them too. Same with the Broncos. It was just another poorly officiated game overall. I think we've all gotten far too used to seeing them the past few years (and especially this past year).

That said, I've seen the Steelers overcome bad calls many, many times and still win games. Missed call or not, it was blown defense, and IMO, it never should have gone to OT anyhow. Bad penalties or not, they didn't play well enough to win. Simple as that.

Sixburgher
01-10-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm Broncos fan, but I haven't rubbed the game in anybody's face. But I WILL say Pittsburgh was on the + side of officiating. Tim Tebow was facemasked on 3 plays and they were no calls, and if the whistle wasn't blown on that screen pass you could give us a free possession and take away 7 points from the steelers.

Sure, ok. Never mind the unflagged helmet to helmet hits committed against Antonio Brown and Roethlisberger, if we're going to talk about uncalled penalties.

tanda10506
01-10-2012, 04:23 PM
That didn't affect anything. Besides, it's not just Tebow, every team that plays the Steelers gets the refs help. If other fans deny that then they are just in denial, plain and simple, it does happen every game.

FanSince72
01-10-2012, 04:29 PM
While we're on the subject, how much of a cut does Jesus get from Tebow's $250,000.00 bonus?

Bill Cowher's Jaw
01-10-2012, 05:00 PM
I know. I am whiny Steeler fan. The national media, blogs and message boards have us pegged as whiny.

Hey I might be whiny, but I also might be right about my headline.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_19706529

http://www.mercurynews.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=4174784

That would have been the a total bail-out call. We deserved to lose.

Whodis
01-10-2012, 05:03 PM
The refs didn't go into the prevent on 3rd and 12 when we had them down, they didn't call for an ungodly amount of bubble screens and empty backfields!

NoFieldFive
01-10-2012, 07:13 PM
there were several 10 and 15 yarders on each side that weren't called.

but the backwards bubble screen to Wallace was definitely a backwards pass and fumble. had that been called correctly first down Broncos at Pitts 10 yard line and game over.

Calling that play that deep in our own territory should have points deducted from us just for calling that play.

TRH
01-11-2012, 12:37 PM
well, the one unfortunate thing in all of this is all of a sudden Tebow is one of the leagues main attractions and this will certainly....without debate.....put him in that Manning/Rogers/Brees/Brady class where you don't touch him or hit him hard, etc, etc, etc.
The refs will be looking at anyone, Steeler or not, who even touches him with a microscope from here on out.