PDA

View Full Version : Rating NFL Players

GoFor6
06-28-2006, 06:35 AM
Those who download my Steelers Roster analysis may have noticed that I show the 2005 Sporting News Player Ratings. If you can remember from August last year they (SN) rated Ben as 20th Best QB and Tommy Maddox as 25th best QB in the NFL. They also underrated our LB's.

Of course the SN is a very inexpensive source and so I guess I got my monies worth but I am wondering what other sources you might recommend that I consider in my 2006 update.

MNsteelers
06-28-2006, 07:29 AM
Those who download my Steelers Roster analysis may have noticed that I show the 2005 Sporting News Player Ratings. If you can remember from August last year they (SN) rated Ben as 20th Best QB and Tommy Maddox as 25th best QB in the NFL. They also underrated our LB's.

Of course the SN is a very inexpensive source and so I guess I got my monies worth but I am wondering what other sources you might recommend that I consider in my 2006 update.

It may not sound all that credible (and I don't know if you can download the rosters as a whole anywhere on the Net), but I think EA Sports does a good job with player ratings in Madden.

Yes, Steelers fans will go crazy on me for saying that as the 2006 Madden had the team a bit lower than one might think after a 15-1 season, but looking at the whole league, it balanced out.

GoFor6
06-28-2006, 08:35 AM
I will check it out - my son is a big Madden gamer but he said the QB ratings are mostly based on number of games started. He said that field of vison in Madden is the most critical factor and the reason Ben was so low last year is he only had 13 starts. I understand that 30, 50, 70 starts for QB adds more to the Madden rating than yards per attempt (the defacto standard) or passer rating.

It was fun last year hearing all the players complain about their Madden ratings but they felt as a whole, agreeing with you, that it was a good overall rating system.

nicesteel4life
06-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Madden better have us better this year!!!!!

Haiku_Dirtt
06-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Madden better have us better this year!!!!!

Actually I'd like to see everything stay the same. Including the final outcome.

Maybe not the Jacksonville debacle since I traveled about 5000 miles to see it.