PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Practice Squad - Will any make it in 2006

GoFor6
06-28-2006, 11:07 AM
1. Has anyone heard the new rules on the Practice Squad (PS). I heard they may have relaxed the requirement on number of games they could have been on the active roster?

2. Here are the guys we still have from 2005 PS - do you see any of them making the 2006 team. Though only the top 51 salaries count against the cap - the P.S. still costs the Steelers over $2.0m in salary (plus all the other costs)... is it worth it if we don't have least 1 or 2 guys per year make it?

3. Was there any notable 2004 PS members on the Steelers active squad in 2005?

# Name Line/Postion

42 Kuhn, John OB FB
65 Brown, Tim OL GL
95 Seigler, Richard LB IR
97 Harrison, Arnold LB OR
47 Stanley, Ronald LB OR
5 Barr, Mike ST PR
5 Rutherford, Rod OB QB
18 Young, Walter OR SL
69 Booker, Ulish OL TR

Hines86Ward
06-28-2006, 11:22 AM
I think that Rutherford will remain on the PS, as will Walter Young. Has anyone heard anything about Zamir Cobb, the WR from Temple? If he is at camp again this year & can stay healthy, he'll make the PS too....

BlackNGold203
06-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Arnold Harrison might see an increased role.....

section514
06-28-2006, 01:21 PM
... is it worth it if we don't have least 1 or 2 guys per year make it?

you have to have a practice squad, unless you want hines going across the middle and running into porter all day.

Unless you want Willie meeting Aerosmith during inside drills

I hope you were proposing to get rid of the practice squad to save $2 mill. Shit the steelers make that much money off of nacho sales at heinz field

TasmanianTroy271
06-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Notable PS members from 2004 to make the roster in 2005? wasn't Willie Parker on the PS in 2004?

Plus, Nate Washington and Andre Frazier started out on the PS last year. The end of the year PS are mostly people just brought in because of Injuries. Like the story of the guy who made the PS a week before the SB, how lucky was he?

nicesteel4life
06-28-2006, 02:55 PM
I would say half will stay and half will be gone with new names added. Rutherford and Young will be on the final roster. Watch N See

Haiku_Dirtt
06-28-2006, 04:39 PM
I would say half will stay and half will be gone with new names added. Rutherford and Young will be on the final roster. Watch N See

Okay. We'll hold you to it. But what do you know about them? I know squat.

The Steelers are making cash in truck loads from merchandising - internationally too -and this will continue throughout the season. Like section514 said $2 mil is nachos...what is more costly than losing starters to injury?

chickforps
06-30-2006, 10:15 PM
8 players seems like too many if only 1 or 2 are making it. With 8 deactive for a game and 8 on the practice squad tht is a 3rd of an entire game day roster. Remember in the old days when we had to hide people on the IR, glad those days are gone. I will be sure to buy some extra nacho at the game so the to keep the Steelers afloat. Barr and Young showed in Europe they doesn't have it and Rutherford is no way a NFL QB.

Good post Gofor6.