PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else watching NFL network?

BleedPurple
01-12-2012, 09:09 AM
I have been watching this station all week, and I am shocked at the crap they have been showing. Not the Broncos Steelers game, not the upcoming playoff match ups, Suck for Luck, not Tim Tebow even. All they are talking about this week is how Mark Sanchez is getting canned from the Jets.

. . . who freaking cares! Can we talk relevant teams please? Seriously, they have been running with these rumors drummed up by a reporter with "unnamed sources" and I am sick of hearing about it. I thought I was going to get through one playoff without hearing about the Jests throughout.

stb_steeler
01-12-2012, 09:53 AM
I have been watching this station all week, and I am shocked at the crap they have been showing. Not the Broncos Steelers game, not the upcoming playoff match ups, Suck for Luck, not Tim Tebow even. All they are talking about this week is how Mark Sanchez is getting canned from the Jets.

. . . who freaking cares! Can we talk relevant teams please? Seriously, they have been running with these rumors drummed up by a reporter with "unnamed sources" and I am sick of hearing about it. I thought I was going to get through one playoff without hearing about the Jests throughout.

NFL net sucks........ Especially when Dion and Eisen are on Sunday nights.....

tony hipchest
01-13-2012, 12:56 AM
dont worry, in about 2 weeks it will still be the same story, but with joe flacco and harbaugh replacing sanchez and ryan. :laughing:

_uxn3RoqTOQ

atleast theyre finally through talking about brett favre's c0ck. :hunch:

ShutDown24
01-13-2012, 01:19 AM
dont worry, in about 2 weeks it will still be the same story, but with joe flacco and harbaugh replacing sanchez and ryan. :laughing:

It'll happen with Flacco. "Is Joe Flacco a QB who can lead a team to playoff victories?" He's complained about the media so much this season I bet they can't wait to hit him back. Perception of Harbaugh is still relatively positive though. Doubt they will be calling for a coaching change.

tony hipchest
01-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Perception of Harbaugh is still relatively positive though. Doubt they will be calling for a coaching change.oh, i agree. the same with rex. the job he is doing is just dandy. between the verbal guarantees, and gatorade baths, they have already delivered a collective 4 championships to their respective cities. 3 in the SAME YEAR! if thats not impressive, i dont know what is.

not to hijack your thread or anything, bleedpurple, cause i get what youre saying about sanchez, its just that the jets and the ratbirds are pretty much the exact same team to me. one is green, the other is purple. one is in the steelers division, one is not. both are all bark and no bite.

ShutDown24
01-13-2012, 02:10 AM
not to hijack your thread or anything, bleedpurple, cause i get what youre saying about sanchez, its just that the jets and the ratbirds are pretty much the exact same team to me. one is green, the other is purple. one is in the steelers division, one is not. both are all bark and no bite.

One has a largely useless middle linebacker who likes to talk, the other has a totally useless middle linebacker who likes to talk.

tony hipchest
01-13-2012, 02:23 AM
one stadium is built on a dump that smells like a sewar and the other is built over a sewar that smells like a dump. both are near rivers and ocean that make the allagheny, monongahelia, and ohio, look like mountain fresh spring water.

the bengals suck.

tony hipchest
01-14-2012, 01:07 AM
so rex ryan is still trying to put a spin on this and do damage control by putting out this fire. he says of all the problems this will be the easiest one to fix. blames himself for not really having the pulse of the locker room.

WOW.... epic fail. :doh:

BleedPurple
01-14-2012, 01:34 AM
oh, i agree. the same with rex. the job he is doing is just dandy. between the verbal guarantees, and gatorade baths, they have already delivered a collective 4 championships to their respective cities. 3 in the SAME YEAR! if thats not impressive, i dont know what is.

No offense, but the Ravens bit your team twice this year. Once in your house. We aren't ALL bark. God at least show us that much respect, we are better than the damn Jests.

BleedPurple
01-14-2012, 01:37 AM
One has a largely useless middle linebacker who likes to talk, the other has a totally useless middle linebacker who likes to talk.

You mean the first ballot hall of famer? The greatest middle linebacker of all time? the one who has been in this league 16 years and still plays at a high level (i.e. probably still top 10 in the nfl, with players who idolized him when they were literally kids)

I'm just curious. Seriously, not respecting Raw lewis for his football prowess shows not only hatred of the Ravens, but ignorance of the game. Seriously he has 10 All Pro selections--Ravens/NFL conspiracy maybe?

BleedPurple
01-14-2012, 01:39 AM
so rex ryan is still trying to put a spin on this and do damage control by putting out this fire. he says of all the problems this will be the easiest one to fix. blames himself for not really having the pulse of the locker room.

WOW.... epic fail. :doh:

He was always a blowhard. I liked him better when a) he was OUR blowhard and b) he was leashed by Billick

BleedPurple
01-14-2012, 01:43 AM
You mean the first ballot hall of famer? The greatest middle linebacker of all time? the one who has been in this league 16 years and still plays at a high level (i.e. probably still top 10 in the nfl, with players who idolized him when they were literally kids)

I'm just curious. Seriously, not respecting Raw lewis for his football prowess shows not only hatred of the Ravens, but ignorance of the game. Seriously he has 10 All Pro selections--Ravens/NFL conspiracy maybe?

I seriously a lot when I hit the sauce. So people know I'm serious. Seriously.

4xSBChamps
01-14-2012, 07:08 AM
The greatest middle linebacker of all time?

... not respecting Raw lewis for his football prowess shows not only hatred of the Ravens, but ignorance of the game...

I was 13 in 2000 and hadn't discovered football

... lemme get this straight...

you've watched the game being played for all of 10 years, then you come onto a Steeler site, where many of us saw Jack Lambert (and Butkus and Nitschke before him) play, and tell us that Lewis is the best-ever in 92 years, like you are 'the authority'???

I question if you have 'discovered' the game YET

it might come as a surprise to you, but the game was played long before ESPN & twitter

you might want to look in a mirror and re-define 'ignorance of the game'

TRH
01-14-2012, 02:01 PM
I actually like Ray Lewis, unlike a lot of people around here................but honestly, come on, he's been getting a free pass for like 5 years now. He facemaks, hits helmets-to-helmets just as much as our guys do and gets a pass almost every time. Yeah, he'll get the occasional hold and etc, but really...
As far as the Pro-Bowl selections is the same : He's been getting in on "name recognition" alone for quite some time now...there are, and has been, multiples of LB's who are playing way over his level.

Again, I like Lewis and his intensity, and i wish we could have some of that around here because we sure are sorely lacking any intensity on defense. But iv'e looked at Lewis almost like a defensive Brady or Manning. He gets away with murder on the field (no pun intended, of course...).

harrison'samonster
01-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Again, I like Lewis and his intensity, and i wish we could have some of that around here because we sure are sorely lacking any intensity on defense. But iv'e looked at Lewis almost like a defensive Brady or Manning. He gets away with murder on the field (no pun intended, of course...).

I agree, I love his intensity and what he brings to a defense. He holds every other player on that D accountable and leads by example. He's one of the better LB's I've seen, but I'm on the younger side as well and i wouldn't try to claim that he's one of the best ever.

He's definitely been on the down side of his career for the past few seasons.

BleedPurple
01-15-2012, 05:40 AM
... lemme get this straight...

you've watched the game being played for all of 10 years, then you come onto a Steeler site, where many of us saw Jack Lambert (and Butkus and Nitschke before him) play, and tell us that Lewis is the best-ever in 92 years, like you are 'the authority'???

I question if you have 'discovered' the game YET

it might come as a surprise to you, but the game was played long before ESPN & twitter

you might want to look in a mirror and re-define 'ignorance of the game'

Yea, see, they invented a magical machine that can capture and replay those moving talkie pictures you've no doubt heard about. They call it the record-o-ma-box. This allows people born after 1920 to view 'highlights', or a collection of the film of a players best moments, even though he was not alive to see it and develop a subjective nostalgia for the era/players he grew up with!

And I am no authority, but I have every right to form an opinion--the numbers and the film say Lewis is better.

P.S. Twitter is steadily destroying the English language, and I despise it deep down into my bones. So please, you don't know me, don't be an ass.

BleedPurple
01-15-2012, 05:45 AM
I actually like Ray Lewis, unlike a lot of people around here................but honestly, come on, he's been getting a free pass for like 5 years now. He facemaks, hits helmets-to-helmets just as much as our guys do and gets a pass almost every time. Yeah, he'll get the occasional hold and etc, but really...
As far as the Pro-Bowl selections is the same : He's been getting in on "name recognition" alone for quite some time now...there are, and has been, multiples of LB's who are playing way over his level.

Not way over his level, but with better physical tools definitely. I still say he's a top 10 LB, if only for the intangibles he brings to the team. And yea, he makes the pro-bowl because he was the best in the league for so long, the position is given to him--he isn't the first person to earn a sort of 'honorary' invite to the pro-bowl. Also, even if I concede he has had a free pass for five years, he didn't have one the first decade he was playing.

BleedPurple
01-15-2012, 06:03 AM
I agree, I love his intensity and what he brings to a defense. He holds every other player on that D accountable and leads by example. He's one of the better LB's I've seen, but I'm on the younger side as well and i wouldn't try to claim that he's one of the best ever.

He's definitely been on the down side of his career for the past few seasons.

Yes. He has peaked and is in his last season (maybe one more). This is after sixteen years--time catches up with all of us eventually. Lewis is one of the best ever. 2000+ tackles, 31 INTs, 42 sacks (only MLB to ever reach 40 sacks and 30 ints by the way), superbowl MVP, 10x all pro (7 first team, 3 second team), 3x defensive player of the year.

I would really like to hear why you think he is not "one of the best ever". I can understand you might have an argument for a Butkus or a Singletary for #1, but name 10, heck 5 middle linebackers that had a better career than Ray--I'd say top 10 is "one of the best ever".

4xSBChamps
01-15-2012, 06:10 AM
And I am no authority, but I have every right to form an opinion--the numbers and the film say Lewis is better.

a right to form an opinion (based-on numbers & film you've viewed on your record-o-ma-box), yes ~ the superiority to call others, who may've seen more of the game and witnessed others players live & in-person ignorant, no.

Keep discovering the game ~ you'll learn something yet

BleedPurple
01-15-2012, 06:20 AM
a right to form an opinion (based-on numbers & film you've viewed on your record-o-ma-box), yes ~ the superiority to call others, who may've seen more of the game and witnessed others players live & in-person ignorant, no.

Keep discovering the game ~ you'll learn something yet

All I said was if you don't respect Lewis' game it shows ignorance. He is great at his position--don't we agree on that point? I said this in response to a poster who said Lewis was largely useless. Do you agree with that statement? Or would you say that is incorrect?

4xSBChamps
01-15-2012, 04:26 PM
All I said was if you don't respect Lewis' game it shows ignorance. He is great at his position--don't we agree on that point? I said this in response to a poster who said Lewis was largely useless. Do you agree with that statement? Or would you say that is incorrect?

The greatest middle linebacker of all time?

You said he was the greatest middle linebacker of all time, and we don't agree on that ~ besides, Lewis is an inside linebacker, not a MLB:
didn't your record-o-ma-box, numbers or films show you this?

BleedPurple
01-15-2012, 04:54 PM
You said he was the greatest middle linebacker of all time, and we don't agree on that ~ besides, Lewis is an inside linebacker, not a MLB:

No he is a middle linebacker. Middle linebackers for 4-3 defense--Ravens run a hybrid. So you could say Inside/Middle, but that is really semantics at that point.

BleedPurple
01-15-2012, 04:55 PM

Which I said in response to the useless comment. You didn't answer my question. Do you think he is useless or not?

MACH1
01-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Which I said in response to the useless comment. You didn't answer my question. Do you think he is useless or not?

He's not useless, he's very good with a knife.

4xSBChamps
01-16-2012, 05:46 AM
Do you think he is useless or not?
well, at this point in his career he is still a starter, so he's not-useless, but he never-was 'the greatest of all time', as you seem to think, based-on 10 years of watching film & reading statistics