PDA

View Full Version : Which is worse?

tunes4life
01-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Losing our first playoff game?

or

Bestowing Godlike status on one of the worst QB's the league has ever known?

I'd have to go with the latter. We've been to 3 of the last 6 SB's. I can deal with a year off. What I can't deal with is hearing about what what Tim Dildo had for breakfast, and what type of socks he was wearing in his first playoff victory. :puke:

harrison'samonster
01-12-2012, 04:15 PM
if he's really as bad as he looks, it's still going to take a few years for everyone to figure it out. Who knows, with a good qb coach, he might develop into a good player and have a good career.

I agree, he's looked pretty bad so far but as long as he keeps winning, he'll get the coverage.

Bayz101
01-12-2012, 04:26 PM
He threw for 316 yards on the NFL's best passing defense. Injuries or not, it takes a good quarterback to throw for 300+ yards against ANY team. Tebow is a good quarterback, and he's clutch in situational football. Sure, he's turned the ball over a lot, but he's basically a rookie, he can only get better and improve from him mistakes.

LVSteelersfan
01-12-2012, 04:37 PM
I am hoping he puts 400 up on the Patsies who I hate more than any other team. Probably won't happen or won't be enough, but I can wish. As much as it pains me to say I would rather see the Ratbirds in the Super Bowl than the Patsies. Either way I won't watch the Super Bowl this year. I would probably watch the Texans if they made it.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Tebow had a great game, he is not a great QB. Losing our first playoff game the way we lost it, hurt. I like Tebow, didn't like him Saturday, back to liking him again. Followed him all through college, the only college games I really watched aside from some bowl games.

We lost the game by making Tebow look great. (Thanks Ike, job well done)

I only want Tebow to win, if God or someone of that power structure can guarranttee they will beat the Ravens. If there are no guarranttees, I think the Pats have a better chance of beating the Ravens. I will look for the signs and let you know if I hear anything from above. However the dude from below usually talks to me, lol

But how great would it be to watch Tebow beat Harbough in the AFC championship game and have Flacco implode. Sorry, just can't take the chance though.

Fire Arians
01-12-2012, 05:09 PM
the tim teabag hype is going to die after this saturday, when the patriots embarass them

Sixburgher
01-12-2012, 05:12 PM
I only want Tebow to win, if God or someone of that power structure can guarranttee they will beat the Ravens. If there are no guarranttees, I think the Pats have a better chance of beating the Ravens.

The Packers and Saints will smoke anyone still remaining on the AFC side.

Fire Arians
01-12-2012, 05:13 PM

pretty much. unlike the patriots, green bay and new orleans can play some form of defense

DanRooney
01-12-2012, 05:23 PM
How poorly we were coached in preparation for Tebow was the most embarrassing part. LeBeau got owned by the worst quarterback in the league.

pete74
01-12-2012, 06:11 PM
I gurentee Tebow dosnt do anywhere close to as good against New England as he did Pittsburgh. He has been horrible all year and I think we made him look alot better then he is

Whodis
01-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Losing our first playoff game?

or

Bestowing Godlike status on one of the worst QB's the league has ever known?

I'd have to go with the latter. We've been to 3 of the last 6 SB's. I can deal with a year off. What I can't deal with is hearing about what what Tim Dildo had for breakfast, and what type of socks he was wearing in his first playoff victory. :puke:

How about losing your 1st playoff gams and finding out Arians is returning a week after the defeat?

plenewken
01-12-2012, 06:26 PM
I gurentee Tebow dosnt do anywhere close to as good against New England as he did Pittsburgh. He has been horrible all year and I think we made him look alot better then he is

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

That's the most frustrating part. Add to it the fact that our Offense stunk for 2 quarters and was unable to score in the final 2mn of the game and you have all the reasons for our frustration.

ricardisimo
01-12-2012, 06:41 PM
How about losing your 1st playoff gams and finding out Arians is returning a week after the defeat?
It's not official yet. Give it a few weeks. Crazy shit happens, and sometimes it's good.

Christian Snyder
01-12-2012, 06:50 PM
I gurentee Tebow dosnt do anywhere close to as good against New England as he did Pittsburgh. He has been horrible all year and I think we made him look alot better then he is As poor as our defense was they weren't the ones back there passing for 316 yards with a 31.6 YPC. He was passing rather well and I don't think Tomlin thought that he could do that. I think it was actually Tomlin's fault (maybe LeBeau's as well) for not making the correct half-time adjustments. :noidea:

BTW, What was up with not using a spy? At least take the running option away from him, then maybe he would've made a fatal error...

Atlanta Dan
01-12-2012, 07:20 PM
If I thought this year's Steelers team had a realistic shot at the Super Bowl I would be upset that Tebow suddenly found his game for the 2nd quarter (he was mediocre during the rest of regulation) and for the perfect throw he made against the perfect defense against which that type of throw could succeed in overtime

But once the Steelers did not win the division they were screwed so if it wasn't going to be Tebow it was going to be New England:mad: or Baltimore:mad::mad: that beat them, which would have been worse

For that reason, I am able to step back and recognize that it is a nice story for someone like Tebow, who is a flawed QB but apparently a great person and teammate, to be able to have his moment in a sports world populated by so many jerks

Whodis
01-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Losing to Denver only prevented what would be inevitable in the 2nd round.

Christian Snyder
01-12-2012, 07:30 PM
If I thought this year's Steelers team had a realistic shot at the Super Bowl I would be upset that Tebow suddenly found his game for the 2nd quarter (he was mediocre during the rest of regulation) and for the perfect throw he made against the perfect defense against which that type of throw could succeed in overtime

But once the Steelers did not win the division they were screwed so if it wasn't going to be Tebow it was going to be New England:mad: or Baltimore:mad::mad: that beat them, which would have been worse

For that reason, I am able to step back and recognize that it is a nice story for someone like Tebow, who is a flawed QB but apparently a great person and teammate, to be able to have his moment in a sports world populated by so many jerks Ding Ding! we have a winner!

pete74
01-12-2012, 07:52 PM

For that reason, I am able to step back and recognize that it is a nice story for someone like Tebow, who is a flawed QB but apparently a great person and teammate, to be able to have his moment in a sports world populated by so many jerks

i feel the same way. we would of never of beaten the Patriots or Baltimore so im not upset about the loss. this way we get a better draft pick.

StainlessStill
01-12-2012, 08:32 PM
This Tebowmania is reaching new naseua of epic proportions. Some things I'd never even THINK of it going.

I saw an article today, and this is the truth, of IF Tim Tebow ever dated a Hollywood Celebrity, that this is what their kids would look like! No Joke! These bozo's just went through Hollywood actress's and morphed Tebow's face into theirs and determined their child.

It's becoming creepy. Past the point of train-wreck for me. This entire thing is being WAY overboard by the media. It's sickening how the media can make you hate somebody so much and all he is, is a below-average, mediocre QB that is the leader of a below average football team.

The media knows. They cling onto things like leech's and milk it dry before the cactus is all dried up. Tebow won't be relevant in 3 short NFL seasons. Mark it down.

Atlanta Dan
01-12-2012, 08:50 PM
This Tebowmania is reaching new naseua of epic proportions. Some things I'd never even THINK of it going.

I saw an article today, and this is the truth, of IF Tim Tebow ever dated a Hollywood Celebrity, that this is what their kids would look like! No Joke! These bozo's just went through Hollywood actress's and morphed Tebow's face into theirs and determined their child.

It's becoming creepy. Past the point of train-wreck for me. This entire thing is being WAY overboard by the media. It's sickening how the media can make you hate somebody so much and all he is, is a below-average, mediocre QB that is the leader of a below average football team.

The media knows. They cling onto things like leech's and milk it dry before the cactus is all dried up. Tebow won't be relevant in 3 short NFL seasons. Mark it down.

You of course are right that Tebow is not headed to Canton

But I doubt Tim Tebow is ever going to end up in a bathroom stall in a college dive bar and be under investigation for rape - that counts for something

Maybe all the sh*t out there (NFL and non-NFL related) makes people want to hear about someone who is focused on more than his stats and next contract? I live in SEC country and folks have been hating on Tebow here for years - why that is raises a lot of questions not related to Tim Tebow.

But maybe this is all an act and Tebow gets drunk every weekend and forces himself on unwilling women.

If so this reporter certainly was conned

Zack McLeod is Tim Tebow's kind of player — and man. And vice-versa.

The 20-year-old former high school football player won't snag any touchdown throws from his hero Saturday at Gillette Stadium when the Denver Broncos' on-field miracle-worker challenges the New England Patriots in an AFC Divisional playoff game. But McLeod just may catch a pass — and more compassion and love than he ever imagined.

As kickoff approaches, Tebow will do what he always does at pressure-packed times — give of himself. The 24-year-old quarterback will spend a few moments with McLeod , who suffered a traumatic brain injury playing football in 2008. They plan to meet on the sidelines as part of the Tebow Foundation's Wish 15 program that grants requests for young people with serious medical issues

One thing is for sure: Tebow will hug McLeod.

The son of evangelical missionaries, Tebow — voted America's new favorite athlete in an ESPN Sports poll — says giving a warm embrace and words of encouragement to those in need "puts everything into perspective" before a game.

"We're playing a game, and you want to win, but you know that it's not the end of the world," Tebow says . "Even a bad loss on the football field is better than spending a day (recovering) in a hospital."...

His unbridled joy and passion is evident when he surrounds himself with young admirers, particularly those suffering with physical limitations who could use an inspirational jolt .

Such was the case last weekend when he met Bailey Knaub, 16, after his foundation provided four tickets and other goodies for her family to attend the Steelers' game.

The Loveland, Colo., high school student suffers from a rare vascular disorder that has led to more than 70 surgeries the last decade — including the removal of her left lung in 2010.

Less than 15 minutes before kickoff, Tebow finished warming up and approached the girl on the sidelines, telling her, "Bailey, I've been looking forward to meeting you." He gave her a big hug and an autographed football.

"It was very emotional — we haven't seen her that happy in a long time," says her mother, Kathy. "You could tell by how he was talking to Bailey that he was not doing this for publicity or any other reason than he likes kids. He is an exceptional guy."

Bailey thinks so, too.

"My heart was going like a million miles an hour," she says.

"He was amazing — so sweet, kind and generous. He just made me feel so special.

"It was the best day of my life."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-01-11/tebow-exclusive/52518122/1?loc=interstitialskip

Consider the possibility Tim Tebow sees playing in the NFL as means to a more important end

60_MINUTES
01-12-2012, 08:56 PM
I just dont get it... why in the world does everyone hate this guy and even more why in hell does he get no credit... Dont get me wrong I wanted to kill him Sat everytime I saw his fist pump I wanted to kill him.. but thats normal for me.. If the Steelers are losing I usually wish for the worst on the opp.. Im a terrible sport... however after I calm down i love talkiing football with logically like everyone else.. I do draw the line... I never give credit to Pats...( cause the cheating was way worse then the public every found out.. those guys where getting the other teams play calls especially at home.. pretty easy to hit the throws when you know where you going with the ball before the play comes at you) and the Ravens Screw them period... However there is nothing wrong with giving credit to guys that deserve it.. its respect for the game...

Everywhere you read on chat boards everyone keeps calling Tebow a loser... or the worst QB in history... Hes 8-4 with the same team another guy orton ( who everyone seems to think is a decent QB ) was 1 - 4 with.. Hes a two time National champ, heisman Trop winner and 8-4 in his second year.. the guy can make plays outside the pocket and it looks to me when given a chance he can throw a little better then most people think... If I were Denver I would work with him a couple of years and see what happens.. I see a hell of a lot of QBs worse then Tebow over the years ( hell I would have gladly took Tebow over Kordell back in the day thats for sure.. to top it off he is exactly how you would want a son to turn out.. Who wouldnt want a straight A student that repects people and follows GOD... Ov erall I want to kick his tale next year in Pittsburgh for a little revenge and I would never give up our BEN for him.. but make no mistake about it if I were Denver I would give him my full support at least the next two years to see how much better the kid can get.

One last thing.... had we not be so beat up we probably would have beat him for sure.. that being said I believe a healthy Steeler Team is at least 3 TD's better then the Pats this year... whats my point??? Simple I dont think the Pats kill Denver at all... matter of fact I think Denver wins again

Danny136200
01-12-2012, 08:59 PM
How poorly we were coached in preparation for Tebow was the most embarrassing part. LeBeau got owned by the worst quarterback in the league.
The worst part about it was that the coaching staff never adjusted.

StainlessStill
01-12-2012, 09:02 PM
You of course are right that Tebow is not headed to Canton

But I doubt Tim Tebow is ever going to end up in a bathroom stall in a college dive bar and be under investigation for rape - that counts for something

Maybe all the sh*t out there (NFL and non-NFL related) makes people want to hear about someone who is focused on more than his stats and next contract? I live in SEC country and folks have been hating on Tebow here for years - why that is raises a lot of questions not related to Tim Tebow.

But maybe this is all an act and Tebow gets drunk every weekend and forces himself on unwilling women.

If so this reporter certainly was conned

Zack McLeod is Tim Tebow's kind of player — and man. And vice-versa.

The 20-year-old former high school football player won't snag any touchdown throws from his hero Saturday at Gillette Stadium when the Denver Broncos' on-field miracle-worker challenges the New England Patriots in an AFC Divisional playoff game. But McLeod just may catch a pass — and more compassion and love than he ever imagined.

As kickoff approaches, Tebow will do what he always does at pressure-packed times — give of himself. The 24-year-old quarterback will spend a few moments with McLeod , who suffered a traumatic brain injury playing football in 2008. They plan to meet on the sidelines as part of the Tebow Foundation's Wish 15 program that grants requests for young people with serious medical issues

One thing is for sure: Tebow will hug McLeod.

The son of evangelical missionaries, Tebow — voted America's new favorite athlete in an ESPN Sports poll — says giving a warm embrace and words of encouragement to those in need "puts everything into perspective" before a game.

"We're playing a game, and you want to win, but you know that it's not the end of the world," Tebow says . "Even a bad loss on the football field is better than spending a day (recovering) in a hospital."...

His unbridled joy and passion is evident when he surrounds himself with young admirers, particularly those suffering with physical limitations who could use an inspirational jolt .

Such was the case last weekend when he met Bailey Knaub, 16, after his foundation provided four tickets and other goodies for her family to attend the Steelers' game.

The Loveland, Colo., high school student suffers from a rare vascular disorder that has led to more than 70 surgeries the last decade — including the removal of her left lung in 2010.

Less than 15 minutes before kickoff, Tebow finished warming up and approached the girl on the sidelines, telling her, "Bailey, I've been looking forward to meeting you." He gave her a big hug and an autographed football.

"It was very emotional — we haven't seen her that happy in a long time," says her mother, Kathy. "You could tell by how he was talking to Bailey that he was not doing this for publicity or any other reason than he likes kids. He is an exceptional guy."

Bailey thinks so, too.

"My heart was going like a million miles an hour," she says.

"He was amazing — so sweet, kind and generous. He just made me feel so special.

"It was the best day of my life."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-01-11/tebow-exclusive/52518122/1?loc=interstitialskip

Consider the possibility Tim Tebow sees playing in the NFL as means to a more important end

He'll be irrelevant as an NFL QB in 3 seasons. Mark it down.

60_MINUTES
01-12-2012, 09:16 PM

You could be right... I can see you being right but I will say this.. the guy is winning, he has people believing in him and if I were the Broncos I would at least give him a legit shot... Im talking put all your resources into developing this kid for at least the next two years.. they would be fools not to at this point...

You may be wrong in the end with your time frame because your forgetting it is a business and many teams look at the bucks over their team winning... That is sad but business is business for some of these joke organizations... What i mean is if he fails the next 1 to 2 years in Denver and they give up on him, I could see the Phins or Jags bringing him there for at least 2 to 3 more years to put butts in the stadium... make no mistake about it even if he loses people down there will come watch for a couple years or so... and a team like the jags or phins would not care if they lost just so long as money is coming in... thats sad but thats whats wrong with them in the first place and thats why they lose now

objectivefan
01-12-2012, 09:40 PM

just like last year!!

Rockonsteel
01-12-2012, 09:49 PM

Yeah it just dont get much worse that. My offseason is pretty much shot now. Gonna be hard to get worked up for another season of gut wrenching offensive football.

Rockon

ricardisimo
01-12-2012, 11:22 PM
I think three years is a bit generous. I can't see him holding down the job through the end of next season. I'll be stunned if the Donks don't draft a QB in April... in a respectfully late round of course, so as not to undermine his authority on the team, like maybe the 2nd. :chuckle:

60_MINUTES
01-12-2012, 11:36 PM
I think three years is a bit generous. I can't see him holding down the job through the end of next season. I'll be stunned if the Donks don't draft a QB in April... in a respectfully late round of course, so as not to undermine his authority on the team, like maybe the 2nd. :chuckle:

and what if he beats the pats this weekend.. do you still take a QB in april for his replacement... I think the guy has earned the right to be developed and backed for at least the next year... you dont pull him, you dont have him looking over his shoulder, you simply bring in guys to help him win and you help develop his passing game.. he has earned it... what more does a guy have to do to earn his shot...

dont get me wrong I hope we beat him by 50 next year in Pittsburgh but I still say he deserves the shot... if they dont give it to him the broncos deserve to lose and lose bad for years to come

tony hipchest
01-12-2012, 11:49 PM

great post dan, but win or lose, i was really looking forward to watching james harrison and ryan clark deck (eric decker pun intended) the patriots or ravens for another week or 2.

what woulda been worse wouldve been if ben were lost for the year when he bent his ankle backwards vs the browns. i was sure a deep playoff run was out of the question, until he came back.

that beautiful throw to cotchery doring the comeback last sunday almost made it all worth it.

Steelerfreak58
01-13-2012, 12:10 AM
The worst part about it was that the coaching staff never adjusted.

They didn't adjust all year. Actually they usually came out after halftime and looked worse most of the year.

NoFieldFive
01-13-2012, 12:33 AM
I don't mind hearing about Tebow. He's good for the game. I'd rather see the hype about Tebow than some player with 6 kids and beating up his girlfriend.

I was hoping this game would mean seeing the light and getting rid of the bubble screen and Arians. if the Steelers learn something from the loss and get better then it was worth it.

next year if it's more bubble screens, empty set backfields, 50 yards bombs on every third and 2 and using Johnson as a fullback, keeping Mendenhall over Redman.....then the team did not learn anything.

60_MINUTES
01-13-2012, 07:27 AM
I don't mind hearing about Tebow. He's good for the game. I'd rather see the hype about Tebow than some player with 6 kids and beating up his girlfriend.

I was hoping this game would mean seeing the light and getting rid of the bubble screen and Arians. if the Steelers learn something from the loss and get better then it was worth it.

next year if it's more bubble screens, empty set backfields, 50 yards bombs on every third and 2 and using Johnson as a fullback, keeping Mendenhall over Redman.....then the team did not learn anything.

we havent learned anything yet... you hit the nail on the head for sure with this post.. and Im hear to tell you we will see all of those things again.. Its a shame to see what I think is one of the most talented offenses in the history of the game look so average.. Brown Wallace sanders. Miller, Crothery... there is no way in the world that can be stopped if they are used right. We should be putting up numbers like the pack and saints..the reason we dont is plain and simple BA and Tomlin. I know theres people that still thinnk BEN have lots to do with it but I say not at all.. look at the pack.. Matt Flynn came in and broke all the records.. Its not Rodgers it the Scheme.. yes Rodgers is great but you can plug in any good QB and light it up with the pack and those receivers... Well we got the same talent over here but no where near the scheme

pete74
01-13-2012, 08:08 AM

i agree with every single word you wrote

Rockonsteel
01-13-2012, 08:42 AM
we havent learned anything yet... you hit the nail on the head for sure with this post.. and Im hear to tell you we will see all of those things again.. Its a shame to see what I think is one of the most talented offenses in the history of the game look so average.. Brown Wallace sanders. Miller, Crothery... there is no way in the world that can be stopped if they are used right. We should be putting up numbers like the pack and saints..the reason we dont is plain and simple BA and Tomlin. I know theres people that still thinnk BEN have lots to do with it but I say not at all.. look at the pack.. Matt Flynn came in and broke all the records.. Its not Rodgers it the Scheme.. yes Rodgers is great but you can plug in any good QB and light it up with the pack and those receivers... Well we got the same talent over here but no where near the scheme

This is so fuggin money!!! Very well said, Mr. Wallace, I mean Mr.Minutes....:chuckle:

You see exactly how much difference coaching makes with guys like Matt Flynn in GB, Matt Cassel when he was in NE, even Chase Daniels for NO has looked really good when he's played. It's because of coaching and GREAT offensive systems that are QB friendly and designed to score TDs, not just put up gaudy yardage numbers.

Rockon

madtowndrunkard
01-13-2012, 10:23 AM
There's no way Tebow puts up 300 on the Pats. ...unless it's garbage yards late in the game because they are getting crushed.

What Tebow did to us was not because our players are so bad... it was 100% on the coaches. They did not put our players in a position to succeed. I'll go a step further and say they actually put our defense in a position to fail. The gameplan was horrible. Its the second time this season I thought the coaching staff flopped.... and can take the loss on their shoulders 100%.

You cannot let an NFL WR just run down the field 1 on 1 uncontested at the same time let any NFL QB drop back and look for said WR...and give him time to throw a pass with no one in his face. Thats what we did all game. The Broncos made us pay 5x. I'm sure Denvers coaches couldnt' believe what they were seeing. Yea Tebow is not a good QB...but he can throw a 30-50 yard pass up. He can hit a wide open WR if given time. If he couldn't he would not be in the NFL. Just like practice.

I have to say IMO this past season might be some of the worst coaching I've seen in Pittsburgh in my lifetime. I'm not talking just 1 game... just the big picture. Usually it's one aspect of the game that hurts over the course of an unsuccessful season. For example - special teams, bad QB play, bad offensive coaching, etc. This year we saw really bad game plans from both sides of the ball on several occasions. We still won a few of those games on talent, so we made the playoffs....but still. If we got knocked out by a great game from Brady, I could deal with it. But to just give up a game like that because of arrogance (or lack of common sense) from your coaching staff is just inexcusable.

Rockonsteel
01-13-2012, 10:33 AM
There's no way Tebow puts up 300 on the Pats. ...unless it's garbage yards late in the game because they are getting crushed.

What Tebow did to us was not because our players are so bad... it was 100% on the coaches. They did not put our players in a position to succeed. I'll go a step further and say they actually put our defense in a position to fail. The gameplan was horrible. Its the second time this season I thought the coaching staff flopped.... and can take the loss on their shoulders 100%.

You cannot let an NFL WR just run down the field 1 on 1 uncontested at the same time let any NFL QB drop back and look for said WR...and give him time to throw a pass with no one in his face. Thats what we did all game. The Broncos made us pay 5x. I'm sure Denvers coaches couldnt' believe what they were seeing. Yea Tebow is not a good QB...but he can throw a 30-50 yard pass up. He can hit a wide open WR if given time. If he couldn't he would not be in the NFL. Just like practice.

I have to say IMO this past season might be some of the worst coaching I've seen in Pittsburgh in my lifetime. I'm not talking just 1 game... just the big picture. Usually it's one aspect of the game that hurts over the course of an unsuccessful season. For example - special teams, bad QB play, bad offensive coaching, etc. This year we saw really bad game plans from both sides of the ball on several occasions. We still won a few of those games on talent, so we made the playoffs....but still. If we got knocked out by a great game from Brady, I could deal with it. But to just give up a game like that because of arrogance (or lack of common sense) from your coaching staff is just inexcusable.

Some people around here refuse to hold the coaches accountable. "Everything is on the players. They have to play better." While this not untrue, the coaches have to coach better as well. Arians, LeBeau, Tomlin all took a step back this season. This team won 12 games on the strength of talent, and a schedule loaded won't bad teams in a down AFC. The coaching staff left a lot to be desired this past season.

Rockon

plenewken
01-13-2012, 11:34 AM
This team won 12 games on the strength of talent, and a schedule loaded won't bad teams in a down AFC. The coaching staff left a lot to be desired this past season.

Rockon

I wouldn't say we won 12 games, I'd say we didn't lose some of them and the number is significant.
Very rarely this team gave the impression that it was dominating the opponent. If you take the example of the last game in Cleveland, until the last second, we were not safe and there were many games like this one.
Coaching sucked. That's obvious. Even LeBeau didn't perform as well as the previous years. The D stats are the trees hiding the forest.
I hate the Pats but I can only admit that Belichik and O'Brien are several notches above Tomlin and Arians. Looks like Baltimore coaches were also better than ours this year and this is new.

NoFieldFive
01-13-2012, 12:16 PM
couple things Ben has got to improve on.....

there are times to extend the play and make the video highlights and then there are times to throw the ball away and avoid the sack and the sack fumble. many times this year we were in field goal range and boom there is a sack and/or a sack fumble and now it's a punt or turnover instead of getting points. of course not all sacks are Ben's fault but he's got to get rid of the ball. the Denver game could have avoided OT if we weren't losing 10 yards a play when we were at their 40.

Ben gets his eyes set on one guy who the play is called for and rarely does he go elsewhere with the ball. if it's too tight coverage then don't go there. few examples....

Cotcheries catch last weekend...that was a nice play on both him and Ben but the play before was thrown into very tight coverage and Bailey dropped an easy INT.

the Browns game too....don't know who their defender was but that ball hit him in the numbers and he dropped an easy INT at the goal line. he catches that ball and we likely lose the game.

lardlad
01-13-2012, 12:25 PM

BOOM!!

You know as much as I want BA gone and I believe we still win if we had a better short game on offense. The defense incredibly ill prepared. All the way to OT, they got beat.

As far as which is worse… We'll have to wait and see. I think Tebow will be good, but a lot of people are getting sickening. But you have to admit, those long passes he connected on were perfect and I know Ben and BA were creaming their pants.

Atlanta Dan
01-13-2012, 05:43 PM
A “highly placed” source with the Pebble Beach Pro-Am golf tournament is saying that the tournament is strongly considering issuing an invitation to Tim Tebow. And if that happens, his partner, says the source, will be Tiger Woods:jawdrop:

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/01/13/tim-tebow-tiger-woods-paired-in-golf-tournament-it-could-happen-twice/related/

This must happen - maybe OJ can get a weekend pass to join in

Sixburgher
01-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Looks like Baltimore coaches were also better than ours this year and this is new.

Yeah, dropping games to Seattle, Jacksonville and San Diego was nothing short of brilliant coaching by Harbaugh and company. I'm sure none of the Steelers problems had anything to do at all with fighting the injury bug all year or anything. How many different offensive line configurations alone did they go through this year? About 15?

Fire Arians
01-13-2012, 07:19 PM
A “highly placed” source with the Pebble Beach Pro-Am golf tournament is saying that the tournament is strongly considering issuing an invitation to Tim Tebow. And if that happens, his partner, says the source, will be Tiger Woods:jawdrop:

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/01/13/tim-tebow-tiger-woods-paired-in-golf-tournament-it-could-happen-twice/related/

This must happen - maybe OJ can get a weekend pass to join in

tiger woods needs jesus to forgive him lol

DanRooney
01-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Yeah, dropping games to Seattle, Jacksonville and San Diego was nothing short of brilliant coaching by Harbaugh and company. I'm sure none of the Steelers problems had anything to do at all with fighting the injury bug all year or anything. How many different offensive line configurations alone did they go through this year? About 15?

We weren't injured in week 1 when we got embarrassed by the Ravens. And we weren't injured very much on defense when we got torched by the worst quarterback in the league.

stb_steeler
01-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Tebow had a great game, he is not a great QB. Losing our first playoff game the way we lost it, hurt. I like Tebow, didn't like him Saturday, back to liking him again. Followed him all through college, the only college games I really watched aside from some bowl games.

We lost the game by making Tebow look great. (Thanks Ike, job well done)

I only want Tebow to win, if God or someone of that power structure can guarranttee they will beat the Ravens. If there are no guarranttees, I think the Pats have a better chance of beating the Ravens. I will look for the signs and let you know if I hear anything from above. However the dude from below usually talks to me, lol

But how great would it be to watch Tebow beat Harbough in the AFC championship game and have Flacco implode. Sorry, just can't take the chance though.

Taylor wasnt the only reason. There was no pressure on Elbow all day. It was a team loss!

Lord of Lombardi
01-15-2012, 09:04 PM
The entire coaching staff blew that game and they should be stepping up and admitting that to the entire City and fan base. They did not respect Tebow as a professional QB and the degree that they underestimated him was of giant proportion. 30 yards per completion average, zero sacks, clock mismanagement, injuries, the game fell into a perfect storm for Denver. That suck ass team should have never beat us. That;s where our coaching staff stepped in and handed them the game on a silver platter.