PDA

View Full Version : Polamlu Wins Appeal For His Fine

Darkstorm05
01-13-2012, 07:28 AM
No 10k fine for Troy. Was pretty silly to bring that against him anyway, really.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825f12ef/article/steelers-polamalu-wins-appeal-of-10k-fine-for-using-cell-phone

harrison'samonster
01-13-2012, 08:30 AM
nice to see the NFL make a good decision. It was silly for him to get fined for that.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-13-2012, 09:52 AM
No offense, but this is ridiculous.

There are 2 parts to this rule

1) No being allowed to have a phone on the sidelines
2) Not using the phone.

This is not a suspect hit if someone moved and inceodetally the helmet hit the other persons helmet.

I'm sure I'll get ripped, but the fact is, he had a phone, and subsequently used the phone. Regardless of the circumstance, if Troy was in bad shape, he would not have been standing on the sideline. They would've taken him in the locker room. this isnt the freaking Cleveland Browns medical staff.

theplatypus
01-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Wasn't he actually handed the phone by a member of the training staff?

I'll agree with you on that. WHere we differ is that I believe that Ben contributes as much to our offensive inconsistencies and mediocre performance as Arians, if not more so. Running around like a chicken with its head cut off is no replacement for gettign rid of the football quickly and accurately. I've said it repeatedly that Ben's schtick works fairly well against the weaker teams of the league,but struggles against the better ones. ~theplatypus

Curtain_of_Steel
01-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Than the staff should be fined. This rule is clear as a bell. He couldve went in the tunnel and called his wife. Which I'm sure calls are made constantly off the field. Who knows though.

theplatypus
01-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Than the staff should be fined. This rule is clear as a bell. He couldve went in the tunnel and called his wife. Which I'm sure calls are made constantly off the field. Who knows though.

I agree with you 100% on that. For some reason I just seem to remember reading that it was a member of the training staff and not troy p with a phone stashed on the sidelines. I want to say it's against the rules to tweet etc during halftime as well. Which doesn't bother me one bit. Focus on the game and tweet,text,chat whatever afterwards. Although, there should be a method in place for players/trainers whomever to notify family members of their loved one's status.

I'll agree with you on that. WHere we differ is that I believe that Ben contributes as much to our offensive inconsistencies and mediocre performance as Arians, if not more so. Running around like a chicken with its head cut off is no replacement for gettign rid of the football quickly and accurately. I've said it repeatedly that Ben's schtick works fairly well against the weaker teams of the league,but struggles against the better ones. ~theplatypus

tunes4life
01-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Harrison would have been suspended for 3 games.

Fire Arians
01-13-2012, 11:19 AM
stupid rule anyway

OX1947
01-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Common sense. I wish these ****ing idiots in the front offices of the leagues would access each situation according TO THE situation. If it is confirmed that a man is calling to tell his wife he is ok, ah, how hard would that be to explain? If someone is tweeting or what, which is why the ban is in place, for the dipshits like Ochocrappo or all these idiots to tweet in the locker room or whatever, then make a fine.

kirklandrules
01-13-2012, 01:21 PM
stupid rule anyway

Actually, I like the rule. Without this rule every player would be on the sideline calling their b!tches and ho's. That would make the game look stupid. Just think of how it would look if the Packers on the sideline during the SB were all on their cell phones with 2 minutes left. I could accept losing to the Packers in the SB, but if I saw that, I probably would have put my foot through my t.v.

But I think Polamalu had a great defense ... "I had a concussion and didn't know what I was doing. How can you fine me for that?!"

OX1947
01-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Actually, I like the rule. Without this rule every player would be on the sideline calling their b!tches and ho's. That would make the game look stupid. Just think of how it would look if the Packers on the sideline during the SB were all on their cell phones with 2 minutes left. I could accept losing to the Packers in the SB, but if I saw that, I probably would have put my foot through my t.v.

But I think Polamalu had a great defense ... "I had a concussion and didn't know what I was doing. How can you fine me for that?!"

HAHAHAHAhAhAhahAHAHhA. The conversation would go like this:

"Hey bitch!, we just won the Super Booow", HOLLA, hurry up ho, I got my other bitch calling on the other line", man **** yo couch.......

Bayz101
01-13-2012, 02:36 PM
justice!

Curtain_of_Steel
01-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Part of the rule was to black out team information, players hurt, not playing, game time decisions etc., which would influence gambling and the more shady area's.
Also, they didn't need the ho's calling saying, where b my tickets at I'm at the gate, lol Next thing you know you have Ray Lewis running through the concourse to get big mama in the stadium.