PDA

View Full Version : More Big Ben news!!!

BlackNGold203
06-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Per John Clayton on ESPN.com :

Ben Roethlisberger lifted weights and worked out at the Steelers' facility on Monday. Though his face is still puffy from his motorcycle accident, he is driving a car without assistance, throwing passes and lifting weights. He wants to be ready for the first day of practice.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2502785

Black@Gold Forever32
06-28-2006, 08:19 PM

Ben Roethlisberger lifted weights and worked out at the Steelers' facility on Monday. Though his face is still puffy from his motorcycle accident, he is driving a car without assistance, throwing passes and lifting weights. He wants to be ready for the first day of practice.

Thats great news. :dancing: Ben is going to tear it up this year. I'm calling it right now Ben will become the first Steelers QB to throw 30 TD passes in a season.:dancing:

section514
06-28-2006, 08:50 PM
glad to see it

clevestinks
06-28-2006, 08:52 PM
awesome news

BlitzburghRockCity
06-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Way to go Ben !!! Keep up the rehab buddy and here's to seeing you in training camp and on opening day :cheers: :tt:

floodcitygirl
06-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Definately great news!!! :cool:

nicesteel4life
06-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Best News of the Day!!!! It's BEN time for that 6th Ring!
Can ya just smell it in the air!

Black@Gold Forever32
06-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Best News of the Day!!!! It's BEN time for that 6th Ring!
Can ya just smell it in the air!

Oh, yea I can't wait. Training camp is almost here. Then its the preseason...Then of course the madness begins. Here We Go Steelers Here We Go.

LuckyNumber7
06-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Very good to hear! Thats our boy! Tough as Steel!

SteelShooter
06-29-2006, 12:37 AM
I'm so excited to get this season going! Keep pressing forward Big Ben! :bouncy:

SteelerFanInCA
06-29-2006, 12:51 PM
Ben's a warrior. That's great news to hear. Bring on the season already!!!!

Skinsfan28
06-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Good to hear, that is one tough SOB QB you got

blackngoldbaby
06-29-2006, 01:35 PM
ohhhh gosh that is really really great news i knew hed be fine im excited to get the season started!!WAY 2 GO BIG BEN!!!!:bouncy: :dancing::thmbup:

Steelers
06-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Gotta love that Steelers mentality. Ben is unstoppable.

kmsteelerwr15
06-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Thank the lord!!!!!!! :nw: Thats the best news I've heard in a while!!!!! Way to go Ben!!!!! CAnt wait to se him out on the field tearing up secondaries!!!! :cool:

HometownGal
06-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Fabulous news! Nothing- but nothing - can keep a good man down. :smile:

Haiku_Dirtt
06-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Thats great news. :dancing: Ben is going to tear it up this year. I'm calling it right now Ben will become the first Steelers QB to throw 30 TD passes in a season.:dancing:

Regular season or playoffs too?

Black@Gold Forever32
06-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Regular season or playoffs too?

Regular season. Ben did lead the NFL in TD pass ratio last year. So all he needs is more attempts.

clevestinks
06-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Regular season. Ben did lead the NFL in TD pass ratio last year. So all he needs is more attempts.
He`ll get them this season. I think Ben has seen the light. Maybe he will train harder than ever before!

clevestinks
06-29-2006, 05:50 PM
I agree , so we will set the bar at 30

Black@Gold Forever32
06-29-2006, 05:54 PM
He`ll get them this season. I think Ben has seen the light. Maybe he will train harder than ever before!

I agree brother. We are going to see a more focused Ben then ever before. I actually think that Ben feels he did let down the Steelers organization and his teammates. So I expected big things from Ben before the accident. I think this accident is going to help Ben in the long run... so he nevers takes his career for granted again.

blackvelvet
06-29-2006, 06:21 PM
One word: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*breath*OOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
:danceshout: :danceshout: :danceshout: :danceshout: :danceshout: :danceshout:

clevestinks
06-29-2006, 08:18 PM
One word: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*breath*OOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
:danceshout: :danceshout: :danceshout: :danceshout: :danceshout: :danceshout:
I agree with that, but I`m to short of breath to repeat it!:sofunny:

SteelerFanInCA
06-30-2006, 10:30 AM
A little more info. on Big Ben.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fname%3dclayton_john

shimmysteelerfan
06-30-2006, 10:40 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!:cheers: :tt03:

Hines86Ward
06-30-2006, 10:44 AM
That is great news:tt:

nicesteel4life
06-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Only Positive articles I have seen
YEAH!!!! He seems like he is a man on a mission!
I truly Believe this will make him better overall....

lilyoder6
06-30-2006, 11:15 AM
this will defenintly make him better.

steelersgirl86
06-30-2006, 11:25 AM
wow great news

SteelerzGirl
06-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Ben is going to be on fire this year! He'll be a terror on the field. Woot! :smile:

Dynasty
06-30-2006, 08:03 PM
and he'll look badass too with al the face damage lol

Stlrs4Life
06-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Keep up the good work Ben!

83-Steelers-43
07-01-2006, 05:23 AM
I guess it only makes sense to post this article in this thread instead of starting #1,800 Ben Roethlisberger thread.

Roethlisberger healing faster than expected
Saturday, July 01, 2006

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger is healing faster and looking better than expected and is scheduled to start throwing next week for the first time since he was injured in a motorcycle accident, two sources who are familiar with his situation said.

Mr. Roethlisberger made another appearance at the Steelers' offices on the South Side this week -- his second since his accident June 5 -- but he has done nothing more than pick up mail and other items.

That, though, is expected to change sometime next week when he will attempt to throw light passes to test his strength, awareness and stability -- his biggest step to date on his road to recovery.

However, despite his improving condition, the Steelers are going to be extra careful with Mr. Roethlisberger and will not try to rush him back into the lineup, one of the sources said.

The reason: The amount of head and facial trauma Mr. Roethlisberger received in the accident, the source said.

While Mr. Roethlisberger is expected to be ready for the start of training camp July 28 and could conceivably be healthy enough to play in the second or third preseason game, Coach Bill Cowher and the team's medical staff will closely monitor his condition and not play him until they are convinced he is ready to go.

The Steelers are prepared to keep Mr. Roethlisberger on the sidelines, even for the Sept. 7 season opener against the Miami Dolphins, until they are absolutely certain he can absorb hits to the head and function as he did last season.

Mr. Cowher always preaches about the big picture, and that's what he will do with Mr. Roethlisberger -- not play him for a regular-season game or two, even more if necessary, to protect the long-term health of his franchise quarterback

However, both sources said there are no plans for Mr. Roethlisberger to wear any special helmet or headgear when he returns to the field, despite the fractures and injuries he received to the facial area when the motorcycle he was riding crashed into a car on Second Avenue at the 10th Street Bridge intersection last month. He was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.

Mr. Roethlisberger's upper jaw and lower jaw were broken in four places. His nose and orbital bone also were broken, and he had a nine-inch laceration in the back of his head.

It is not uncommon for people with orbital-bone injuries to suffer blurred or double vision, but Mr. Roethlisberger has not experienced either since his accident, both sources said.

One of the keys to Mr. Roethlisberger's improving condition is that doctors used five titanium plates to hold his jaw in place, rather than wiring the jaw shut. That has allowed him to eat a lot of soft foods, including potatoes, and maintain his weight and strength during his recovery.

As of last week, Mr. Roethlisberger's weight was nearly the same as his playing weight last season -- 242 pounds.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06182/702675-66.stm

83-Steelers-43
07-01-2006, 06:09 AM
Strange, John Clayton reported that Roethlisberger was throwing passes and lifting weights not even three days ago but yet the PPG reports "That, though, is expected to change sometime next week when he will attempt to throw light passes to test his strength, awareness and stability -- his biggest step to date on his road to recovery.".

MyCuz64Furness
07-01-2006, 09:57 AM
this is great news......he da man:cool:

Sharkissle29
07-01-2006, 03:11 PM
i'd really love to see him out there opening night

nicesteel4life
07-01-2006, 03:29 PM
I think its GREAT NEWS that he is healing fast, BUT I agree that we dont want to rush him, let the other qb's get ample work at camp. This will only make the whole unit stronger. I hope he is there to open the season. By all accounts so far it looks good! Steeler Nation has dodged a bullet but we still got a few bumbs from the dive to get over.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-02-2006, 01:00 AM
This is just another reason Im glad we kept Batch around. Ben can heal up slowly between now and camp and pretty much be all set for opening day as long as there are no setbacks.

SteelersFanInSeattle
07-02-2006, 02:43 AM
First off, Ben's so fortunate he wasn't hurt any worse.
We're fortunate our QB is so freakin' tough.
Is anyone worried whether or not Charlie Batch can handle the job for a week or two if needed? I missed his start against Green Bay, but he sure seemed to be on target in his start against Cleveland. I'd bet my #36 jersey, though, that Big Ben is handing Miami their fins on Sept 7, and the Steelers kick off the '06 season with a win.
And boy, Heinz Field will be rocking on its foundation that night...

SteelerzGirl
07-02-2006, 02:54 AM
I most definitely feel Batch can handle the job, but I'm hoping he doesn't have to, or if he does, he probably won't have to for long. Ben is a warrior and I'm sure he will be back as soon as possible, war wounds and all! :smile:

SteelCityMan786
07-02-2006, 04:23 PM

:danceshout: YEEEEEHAAAAAAAA

BB2W
07-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Ben will be playing in a golf tournament next week...

Big Ben Roethlisberger will be playing in this year?s American Century Championship. The Pittsburgh Steelers QB has confirmed that convalescing from his recent motorcycle accident is not going to keep him from playing in his favorite golf tournament at Lake Tahoe.

link: http://www.tahoecelebritygolf.com/

tony hipchest
07-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Ben will be playing in a golf tournament next week...

i heard hes also gonna take some ATV's out 4-wheeling while at tahoe, along with a horseback ride. :bouncy:

83-Steelers-43
07-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Updated: July 6, 2006, 11:43 AM ET
Craft involved in two-vehicle crash; dies at hospital
ESPN.com news services

STATESBORO, Ga. -- Georgia Southern wide receiver Teddy Craft died Thursday from injuries in a motorcycle accident.

The 22-year-old senior died at Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, two days after he was tossed from his bike following a collision with another motorcyclist just outside Statesboro. The school said he was wearing a helmet at the time.

'On behalf of the entire Georgia Southern community, our thoughts and prayers are with Teddy and his family,' athletic director Sam Baker said.

Craft had been part of a group of six motorcyclists riding together Tuesday night when he slammed into another rider who was attempting a right turn, said Georgia State Patrol Senior Trooper J.B. Scott. Scott said Craft struck a guide wire to a light poll as he tried to brake.

The player was taken to East Georgia Regional Medical Center, then airlifted to Memorial.

Craft, of Hartwell, was a second-team All-Southern Conference pick the past two years. He led the Eagles in reception yards (319) and touchdowns (5) last season. He caught four of his five touchdown passes during the final two games.

'This is a shocking, sad day for the entire Georgia Southern community,' Eagles coach Brian VanGorder said. 'We want to extend our thoughts and prayers out to Teddy's family in their time of grief. Teddy was a great teammate, well liked by all.'

Gave me chills.

clevestinks
07-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Damn sad story!

SteelerFanInCA
07-06-2006, 06:49 PM
That's insane. Here's a guy riding and thinking he's doing the right thing by wearing a helmet and yet he can't beat the odds of death. When it's your time it's definitely your time to go I guess.

clevestinks
07-06-2006, 08:03 PM
That's insane. Here's a guy riding and thinking he's doing the right thing by wearing a helmet and yet he can't beat the odds of death. When it's your time it's definitely your time to go I guess.
When your numbers up???????????????????????????????/

NV STEELERS 723
07-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Ben is da Man!

nicesteel4life
07-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Wow....That story truly makes you think about how short it can be....
Well While I'm here I am Kicking it for the Black N Gold and posting on Steelers Fever!

ARKIESTEEL
07-07-2006, 07:19 AM
i heard hes also gonna take some ATV's out 4-wheeling while at tahoe, along with a horseback ride. :bouncy:

Tony sometimes you are as funny as a splinter