PDA

View Full Version : Doubting Ike Taylor ?

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2012, 02:24 PM
ike was number 2 on pass percentage given up for reception ( behind revis )

qbs had the 4th lowest rating throwing at ike.

click link below
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/12/cornerbacks-a-glance-at-the-2011-numbers/

ricardisimo
01-14-2012, 02:27 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/%3Ca%20href=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/ike1i.jpg/%20target=_blank%3Ehttp://img594.imageshack.us/img594/2436/ike1i.jpg%20%20Uploaded%20with%20ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
Huh? Is this supposed to be a picture of Ugg boots?

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Huh? Is this supposed to be a picture of Ugg boots?
for some reason it won't let me post a jpeg of the charts...:noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2012, 02:32 PM
http://s13.postimage.org/y2a140nhh/ike1.jpg

ricardisimo
01-14-2012, 02:39 PM
That's phenomenal. And yet we'll have fans demanding his head for one bad game.

Maybe not, though. His last name's not "Gay". :noidea:

Speaking of which, where would I find a complete listing for the entire league (including Gay, Lewis, etc.) rather than just the top- and bottom-ten?

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2012, 02:39 PM
http://s18.postimage.org/7bpia6srb/ike2.jpg

ricardisimo
01-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Uh-oh... MoP's become a 'bot. :borg:

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Uh-oh... MoP's become a 'bot. :borg:

http://www.thewordofmatus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Cheney_and_Bush_Borg2.jpg

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Ike Taylor cannot be a scape goat for our loss to the Broncos. Taylor has proven that he is a top 5 CB in the league and it definitely not fair to say that he sucks cause he got torched for over 200 yards, it was a terrible team effort in the pass defense department. It is going to be really scary next year with a fully healthy defense with young CB's in C. Allen and C. Brown.

ricardisimo
01-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Ike Taylor cannot be a scape goat for our loss to the Broncos. Taylor has proven that he is a top 5 CB in the league and it definitely not fair to say that he sucks cause he got torched for over 200 yards, it was a terrible team effort in the pass defense department. It is going to be really scary next year with a fully healthy defense with young CB's in C. Allen and C. Brown.
And unlike a couple others who got big paydays, Ike never took it easy and disappeared for even a game until Denver.

harrison'samonster
01-14-2012, 03:15 PM
plus Tebow was throwing the deep ball about as perfect as can be. I'm not worried about Ike, he's been as solid on this D as anybody.

tanda10506
01-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Ike played great this season, it was real noticeable. The game against Denver was so bad though that under the anger of the loss, we were actually wondering if he was throwing the game. Tebow beat him once with a good pass, but for the most part he was yards behind a second year receiver. I know the safeties should have been back there, but he knew they weren't and couldn't hang. The mistake he had against Indy that would have lost us the game really made me nervous too. I understand throughout the year he was lights out, and I've always liked Taylor, but you can't help but have some doubts, that was a terrible game and the Indy mistake was horrible. I'm not saying cut him or don't start him, I'd like to see the new young CB's get some play time but Ike on the whole is our best guy, come clutch time though, yes I doubt him.

DanRooney
01-14-2012, 05:18 PM
That was easily one of the worst games by a cornerback ever.

tanda10506
01-14-2012, 06:11 PM
That was easily one of the worst games by a cornerback ever.

Agreed

Rick5895
01-14-2012, 06:13 PM
I have no concerns about Ike. He had a poor game. But at times, especially the O/T td he was left out to dry by the defensive play call.
There is no doubt he will be back to playing great football next season.
To those who want him cut or relegated to 2nd string because he had a bad day at work, I hope you are all perfect at your jobs day in and day out or maybe you should be "cut".

NoFieldFive
01-14-2012, 06:17 PM
outside of Harrison's late hit on Tebow, Tebow was not touched all game. He could have Tebowed for a few minutes, had lunch and then found a receiver to throw to.

it's impossible for someone to maintain tight coverage when a guy has that kind of time to throw. the coverage Taylor had and even Gay had on the TD pass was not bad. Tebow threw some perfectly placed balls.

Steelers thought let's contain Tebow, keep him inside the pocket and don't allow him to run. give him time to throw, make him beat us with his arm and he did exactly that.

LayingTheWoodley56
01-14-2012, 07:37 PM
It's not fair that Ike is taking so much heat from fans coming off his best season. Yes, he made four or five tremendous errors in the Denver game. It's not as if he was repeatedly victimized all game, because he's too good for that. He happened to make some awful plays at the worst possible time. That shouldn't discount what he did this season, or call into question his standing with this team.

Pentheon
01-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Ive always stuck up for Ike....hes usually pretty damn solid, he just so happened to have his worst game at the wrong time....I still like ike.

Me n my girl was talkin bout the game the other day and discussion about ikes play that game came up and she said you're the only one I know that thinks hes good, I hear so many people dislike him.

hell just come back stronger

OX1947
01-14-2012, 09:14 PM
It was like a repeat of Dewayne Washington against the Tennessee Titans in 2002-03. Spiting image. Ike picked the worst game to have his worst game of his career. If he plays normal, Steelers win.

BKAnthem
01-14-2012, 09:20 PM
That Loss wasn't Ike's fault...it was all coaching, refusing to Adapt or even prepare well cost them

Raw Steel
01-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Ike was the goat. The Steelers put their trust in him and he didn't come through. BUT, he still was their best player on defense this season along with Troy. We just take it for granted.

Rick5895
01-15-2012, 06:14 AM
That Loss wasn't Ike's fault...it was all coaching, refusing to Adapt or even prepare well cost them

:thumbsup: :drink:

Truman_sparks
01-16-2012, 06:41 PM
The corner covering D. Thomas this week (much of it single coverage) was cut from the Oakland Raiders practice squad, and was about 6 down on the depth chart at NE. Makes Ike's day look really bad.

Fire Arians
01-16-2012, 06:42 PM
The corner covering D. Thomas this week (much of it single coverage) was cut from the Oakland Raiders practice squad, and was about 6 down on the depth chart at NE. Makes Ike's day look really bad.

to be fair new england's d-line were in tebow's face all day though. they couldn't block haynesworth

Curtain_of_Steel
01-16-2012, 09:06 PM
When it counted the most he went away. Hid from the media, hid from the fans. Tweeted some bs 1 liner.

I guess the Ikes threads won't stop, lol

As others would say, why didn't the Steelers double cover the Broncos #1 WR with a whopping 500 yards recieving on the year? Why? because we didn't have too, we had Ike there to handle him, or not.
Pats seem to handle him pretty good. Prior to mop up time Thomas had 18 yard, thats eightteen, 1 less than 19, 1 more than 17.

bornaSteelersfan
01-16-2012, 09:19 PM
When it counted the most he went away. Hid from the media, hid from the fans. Tweeted some bs 1 liner.

I guess the Ikes threads won't stop, lol

As others would say, why didn't the Steelers double cover the Broncos #1 WR with a whopping 500 yards recieving on the year? Why? because we didn't have too, we had Ike there to handle him, or not.
Pats seem to handle him pretty good. Prior to mop up time Thomas had 18 yard, thats eightteen, 1 less than 19, 1 more than 17.

Friday comes after Thursday and before Saturday

zero1
01-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Everyone is overreacting after one bad game. Yeah, he played terrible against the Broncos, but he's a great corner and one of the elite corners in the league.

zcoop
01-16-2012, 10:18 PM
One major diff in our D and NE's, their scheme worked against TeeBags and the donkeys. He wasn't allowed to get comfortable in the backfield agains them. With us, he had more time and lanes to run in.

Our entire D (including the coaching) contributed to our inability to stop the donkeys when we needed to.

60_MINUTES
01-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Im sure the Pats knew what D to called as well... its pretty easy to stop teams when you hearing the play call from helment feed off the extra signal that you say is used to help broadcast to your local TV stations...the same signal that experts around the league confirmed could be used to listen in on the radio signal going to the QB and LB helment... Un Real they let them get away with it... I have no doubt they are doing it again.. They will kill the Ravens ( as they cheat them playing at home ) which I wont mind cause I hate the ravens a little more then the cheats... but then they will lose the superbowl cause they cant listen in...

If I played them I would run plays in and out... Peyton Manning said they dont talk in the locker room before the game or at halftime about game adjustments.... How sad... Oh well good thing Bill belicheat didnt figure out how to do it while he was a loser with the browns.. and I think we can drop the Def Guru label... pre spygate

7 n 0 against teams he had faced in reg season then refaced in playoffs... since getting busted for cheating he is 2 n 5 when he refaces a team in the playoffs after seeing them in the reg season... add that to being the worst D in the league now and I would think you should dump the D Guru shit...

They bring McDaniels back and will cheat their way to the Superbowl but like I said at that point I expect g men to beat their ass again

finesward
01-16-2012, 10:41 PM
to be fair new england's d-line were in tebow's face all day though. they couldn't block haynesworth

dudeman got waived by the patriots months ago... :noidea:

Ike is prone to bad games...he played lousy vs. fitzgerald earlier this year and has a history of getting beat. that game vs. the bills when they almost won if not for a dropped pass comes to mind. overall I think he is solid and wouldn't put anyone on our roster in his place. he did this all year with a very inconsistent pass rush, which was almost non-existent vs the broncos

tony hipchest
01-16-2012, 11:17 PM
plus Tebow was throwing the deep ball about as perfect as can be. I'm not worried about Ike, he's been as solid on this D as anybody.me neither.

ike played about as tight coverage as anybody could play. fans were ripping him for not getting his head around but you lose speed doing that and the one time he did, he was erroneously flagged.

flags for incidental contact werent being thrown in the 2nd round of games.

by the OT, ike was gassed. when you have ryan mundy blazing past him in a foot race, you know somethings wrong.

Fire Arians
01-17-2012, 10:45 AM
dudeman got waived by the patriots months ago... :noidea:

Ike is prone to bad games...he played lousy vs. fitzgerald earlier this year and has a history of getting beat. that game vs. the bills when they almost won if not for a dropped pass comes to mind. overall I think he is solid and wouldn't put anyone on our roster in his place. he did this all year with a very inconsistent pass rush, which was almost non-existent vs the broncos

not haynesworth i meant wilfork :chuckle: