PDA

View Full Version : NE vs Den

Terrapin
01-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Well, NE marched down the field and scored (a TD) in 2 minutes. This game is going to be a blowout. Sucks so bad we're not in this game, but honestly, we may have lost by 50.

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-14-2012, 08:25 PM
I agree man, we were so beat up. I am rooting for the Broncos though (not Tebow, but the Broncos) I hope they break Brady's femur or something. And WOW his first pass is an in-completion, something that never happen last week.

VegasStlrFan
01-14-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm fine watching, I think the pats have their hands full, with their 31st ranked in D. Besides, I'm not sure we had enough healthy people to field a team this week

Fire Arians
01-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Bruce arians, take some notes. This is how you run an offense, and use your tight ends.

Terrapin
01-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Bruce arians, take some notes. This is how you run an offense, and use your tight ends.

Yeah, tad of a difference though between Hernandez (45yd run), Gronk (diving TD), and David Johnson (drops 3yd passes).

Atlanta Dan

Some coaches learn from others

Tim Tebow was still a high school phenomenon in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., not yet the prototypical quarterback for an offense that had begun to sweep college football, when the first phone call from Foxborough, Mass., was made to Gainesville, Fla

It was Bill Belichick, having just won his third Super Bowl early in 2005 but hoping to debrief the Florida Gators’ coach, Urban Meyer, about the spread option offense he had honed at Utah. The two did not know each other, but this kind of outreach was not unusual for Belichick, who has long made a habit of off-season tutorials with other coaches — he has talked about draft philosophy and contracts on Jimmy Johnson’s boat and spent days watching film of the running game at Navy.

But when Belichick dispatched Josh McDaniels — then his young quarterbacks coach, later his offensive coordinator and the man who drafted Tebow for the Denver Broncos in 2010 — to Florida, it was the most significant step toward creating the high-powered offense that propelled the Patriots to an undefeated regular season in 2007.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/13/sports/football/like-tebow-patriots-sharpened-spread-offense-at-florida.html?scp=1&sq=urban%20belichick&st=cse

Other coaches continue to make the same mistakes (bubble screen anyone?) and refuse to change

Arians is probably watching Cops on Fox and then switching over to the Miss America Pageant on ABC at 9 tonight

steelcity1974
Keeping this in the context of the steelers...how does the 31st ranked defense get to tebow so easy to force a first qtr fumble but we couldn't get a single sack the whole game?

NoFieldFive
01-14-2012, 08:43 PM
hopefully Ben, Tomlin, Arians, etc are watching how it's done.

Our first 2 drives - 2 field goals.

NE - 2 td's.

Our #1 defense did not touch Tebow all game.

NE's #32 rank defense gets sack fumble first thing.

Raw Steel
01-14-2012, 09:11 PM
hopefully Ben, Tomlin, Arians, etc are watching how it's done.

Our first 2 drives - 2 field goals.

NE - 2 td's.

Our #1 defense did not touch Tebow all game.

NE's #32 rank defense gets sack fumble first thing.

That's what happens when your quarterback is playing on one leg. Both drives were stopped because couldn't make plays he normally does when he is healthy.

steeltheone
01-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Gronkowski is a freaking animal!

NoFieldFive
01-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Our red zone sucked all year. Ben s injury had nothing to do with us getting field goals. That was going on with a healthy ben

Mustang264
01-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Tebow has 18 yards of passing... Let him throw the ball :/

steeltheone
01-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Mcgahee looks 10 years younger...Thomas from Denver is gonna be a player!

tony hipchest
01-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Arians is probably watching Cops on Fox and then switching over to the Miss America Pageant on ABC at 9 tonight

:rofl:

i hate to be laughing my ass off because it is so sad but true. but what else can i do? :noidea:

why would anyone start this thread in the steelers forum in the first place?

the only thing we can take from it (and tonights game) is how bad tebow sucks and how badly we shouldve crushed him.

but then we all already knew that.

:coffee:

VegasStlrFan
01-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Pats getting more pressure than we did

VegasStlrFan
01-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Pushed off

Atlanta Dan
01-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Smart move by whomever bought time for the John 3:16 ad to run it in the second quarter before the Tebow fans switched off this blowout

jjpro11
01-14-2012, 09:45 PM
i love how we make teams look so amazing, only for them to come crashing down to earth the very next week. this game demonstrates just how terrible our gameplan and preparation was.... absolutely embarrassingly terrible.

Fire Arians
01-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Loving this. Fuxk the Broncos!.

zsheik22
01-14-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm fine watching, I think the pats have their hands full, with their 31st ranked in D. Besides, I'm not sure we had enough healthy people to field a team this week

Hands full of TD's

Atlanta Dan
01-14-2012, 09:49 PM
i love how we make teams look so amazing, only for them to come crashing down to earth the very next week. this game demonstrates just how terrible our gameplan and preparation was.... absolutely embarrassingly terrible.

Could be worse - Steelers could have stumbled into an OT victory in Denver and we would be watching this a** kicking being administered to the Steelers tonight

Denver was satisfied with winning last week to make its season - Patriots are taking out tonight on Denver all their playoff frustrations since losing SB XLII

Fire Arians
01-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Run up the score pats haha

stb_steeler
01-14-2012, 09:52 PM

Absolutely right on man..... i just heard today a subject on preparation and chemistry.
Its not there if a team is banged up as bad as the Steelers were, but they still should have won that game.

stb_steeler
01-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Could be worse - Steelers could have stumbled into an OT victory in Denver and we would be watching this a** kicking being administered to the Steelers tonight

Denver was satisfied with winning last week to make its season - Patriots are taking out tonight on Denver all their playoff frustrations since losing SB XLII

I makes ya bang your head to no end trying to figure out how and why teams play like that.
It gotta be how a team prepares and it shows with NE.....

Raw Steel
01-14-2012, 10:23 PM
One of the other issues is Denver can't play from behind. We score two TDs and go up 14-0 and it's a different game.

With that said, New England running up the score on the Broncos isn't going to make the fact the Steelers gave up 29 points to that offense go away. It sucks. Makes you sick. Our defense has been so good for so long, it makes things worse.

TRH
01-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Hey everone....Arians, you too............how many "bubble" screens did Brady throw yesterday??

Case closed.