PDA

View Full Version : so anyone still wanna say we played a good game sunday?

Fire Arians
01-14-2012, 09:48 PM
The pats are making a mockery out of this 8-8 team, that is proving that they never had any business in the playoffs. The sad thing is we played bad enough to lose to them.

jjpro11
01-14-2012, 09:50 PM
The pats are making a mockery out of this 8-8 team, that is proving that they never had any business in the playoffs. The sad thing is we played bad enough to lose to them.

we make fun of the Ravens for their struggles.. but we haven't been much better over the past several years against shitty teams. it caught up to us in the worst way last week.

stb_steeler
01-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Need to make room for new talent and not hang onto non productive players like they have in the past... As much as it hurts to say this but NE is good at producing talent off the bench and if they dont work out their gone.

Rockonsteel
01-14-2012, 10:07 PM

The problem is, we proved we had no business in the playoffs. This was THE most hollow 12-4 season ever. And not just because we lost to Denver in the 1st rd, This team just never felt like they were as good as their record. Just like I never felt like I was watching the #1 defense play at any point this season. What a disaster.

Rockon

RichardCullinanForever
01-14-2012, 10:08 PM
I hope all the Steelers coaches are watching. The performance of the Broncos this week is all the more embarrassing for the Steelers. We frankly didn't deserve to be in the playoffs either.

OX1947
01-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Meh, new england had lost their last 3 playoff games, 2 of them at home. Steelers need to do a few things, one major one is decision making from THE guy on the team. Big Ben. He needs to decide if he is going to evolve or stay the same. As you can see, any qb now can throw game winners and 500 yards a game.

realdeal
01-14-2012, 10:14 PM
We score field goals, the Gaytriots score Touchdowns!! Cmon, Deion Branch? Really?

BKAnthem
01-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Man don't let the Homers on the Board see this thread...

Rockonsteel
01-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Meh, new england had lost their last 3 playoff games, 2 of them at home. Steelers need to do a few things, one major one is decision making from THE guy on the team. Big Ben. He needs to decide if he is going to evolve or stay the same. As you can see, any qb now can throw game winners and 500 yards a game.

THE Big Guy on the sidelines needs to get better at decision making, too. Awful game management, horrible handling of Ben, Pounc and Wood injury situations, retaining Arians in spite of every year the offense being "below the line". I think next season is gonna be real telling for him as a coach. I'm starting to wonder if he lead this team to 2 SBs, or if they lead him.

Rockon

Rockonsteel
01-14-2012, 10:21 PM
And Imma say this. Watching the Pats handle them like this is making the Steelers coaching staff look really bad. Almost to the level of incompetency. I'm just calling it like I see it. Real Bad.

Rockon

Steel Peon
01-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Watching the Pats handle them like this is making the Steelers coaching staff look really bad. Almost to the level of incompetency.
I have a tendency to agree with you here.......it's one of the big reasons we lost the SB last year.

Kanata-Steeler
01-15-2012, 11:21 AM
NO !!!

:)

FanSince72
01-15-2012, 12:27 PM
The problem is, we proved we had no business in the playoffs. This was THE most hollow 12-4 season ever. And not just because we lost to Denver in the 1st rd, This team just never felt like they were as good as their record. Just like I never felt like I was watching the #1 defense play at any point this season. What a disaster.

Rockon

^^^THIS! ^^^

I know the stats, the scores, the differential and the "Number One Defense", but there was hardly a single moment during this entire season when I thought that we really played like a championship team.

"Hollow" is just about the best word I can think of to describe it and I was especially disappointed in our defense. Maybe the numbers made them look good, but the play was average at best.

To me, "Statistics" is just "bullshit" with an extra syllable.

NoFieldFive
01-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Steelers play with no emotion. the only emotion is Kemo piling on 5 seconds after the whistle blows.

watch the Ravens' today. they are going to be fired up. they have leaders on their team and Steelers seem to lack that leadership on the filed. Ben should be the offensive leader but not sure he commands the respect a leaders has to have. his alleged troubled past with woman, not being in the best shape and not having much interest in working out, watching film etc....that to have that respect needed to lead

kirklandrules
01-15-2012, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't draw a connection between the two games. Denver played a great game against the Steelers practice squad. It was a huge emotional victory for them to upset a wounded tiger. As often happens, Denver then laid their own egg.

With all the injuries, this just wasn't the Steelers year. Does that mean they were overrated or didn't deserve their 12-4 record? I say no. They had their rollercoaster of a season, but did enough to win games against NFL teams. By the time they limped into Denver, their tank was getting close to empty. Had Ike played a good game, the Steelers would have won the game ... most likely only to lose this weekend.

Some year they will have consistency on the o-line and injuries won't be such a big part of their season. Yes, every team deals with injuries, but usually not to this extent.

Look forward to seeing what they put together for next season :tt02: :tt04: :tt: :tt03: :tt02: :tt04: :tt: :tt03: :tt02: :tt04: :tt: :tt03:

plenewken
01-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Had Ike played a good game, the Steelers would have won the game ... most likely only to lose this weekend.

I don't agree with this theory. The Steelers shouldn't have been in a position to make Ike Taylor critical. C'mon, we couldn't put pts on the board in the first half. 6pts in 6 possessions at half-time is putrid.
Many times this year, we owed the W more to the opponent's inability to come back at the end that to our ability to put the game away.
Even Cleveland was close to beating us in the last game. Friggin' Cleveland!

I didn't see anything from the Steelers this year to make me believe that we could win our 7th Lombardi.

harts
01-15-2012, 03:39 PM
The steelers for whatever reason since Cowher was coach alays play to the level of the competition.
When do we blow out teams in the last 10 years regurarly?
I cant really recall a stretch of years where we were dominating and annihilating.

Even when we win 12 games they are close.

The Patriots when they win they destroy - the Steelers tend to be just 7-10points better.

I guess you can say its the coaching.

Not since Knoll was the Coach and the 70's Steeler teams did we blow people out reguraly.

therooster45
01-15-2012, 03:57 PM

Rockon

I hear you but the biggest problem defensively was that the Dline as a whole stunk. the LBers had to line up on the line to stop anything on the ground. The tackling stunk other than Kiesel and sometimes Woods. Hampton hopefully will be cut because I don;t think he is worth 8.5 million coming off a ACL injury and surgery. and IDT anyone else is going to pick up that salary. Troy spent too much time on the line as a neccesity than he should have as well as a LBer so that constantly kept 2 extra players in the box when they should have been back in the secondary. Ultimately we were not able to force turnovers like we were in the past.
I still dont understand why we changed our basic D against Denver we did not need 9 people in the box. All that they had to do was maintain lane discipline and let them try to beat us with the run. If we get 2 TDs instead of FGs we would have controlled the game and it would have been over if we had stuckk with what we were donig all year on D with the exception of going to man on man vs NE.

therooster45
01-15-2012, 04:06 PM
The steelers for whatever reason since Cowher was coach alays play to the level of the competition.
I cant really recall a stretch of years where we were dominating and annihilating.

The Patriots when they win they destroy - the Steelers tend to be just 7-10points better.

Not since Knoll was the Coach and the 70's Steeler teams did we blow people out reguraly.

You might want to spell Chucks last name correctly . You must be young or not from here to mispell that name hahahahaha

VegasStlrFan
01-15-2012, 04:42 PM
I personally don't have a problem with the defensive game plan...stop the run, contain tbow and make him beat us with his arm. He was only 10 for 21 with 3 or 4 perfect throws that were back breakers. He doesn't make half of those in another 10 games. The problem, as always, field goals and inept offensive performance keep lesser teams in the game.

TRH
01-15-2012, 04:54 PM

well....that is true. We play down (or up) to the competition far more than any other team in the NFL . Why is that? I don't have a f******g idea.
Will they ever correct this? It doesn't appear so, at least at this stage of the game...there's nothing to convince anyone otherwise.

The only solution i see for that is to bring a lot of different guys in here, personnel and coaches alike. The attitude is bred in the locker room and need a HUGE kick in the a**.

Spidey
01-15-2012, 05:33 PM
well....that is true. We play down (or up) to the competition far more than any other team in the NFL . Why is that? I don't have a f******g idea.
Will they ever correct this? It doesn't appear so, at least at this stage of the game...there's nothing to convince anyone otherwise.

The only solution i see for that is to bring a lot of different guys in here, personnel and coaches alike. The attitude is bred in the locker room and need a HUGE kick in the a**.

Agree.

Unfortunately, few things I've heard this past week, the blinkers appear to be well and truely on!!!

Were in tweak mode, delusional I know, shit is gonna hit the fan next year!