PDA

View Full Version : Call Me a Poor Sport...

RichardCullinanForever
01-14-2012, 10:17 PM
But watching New England disgrace Denver this weekend is perhaps more embarrassing than our loss last week. This game is a slap in the face to everyone who wore a Steeler uniform last week. I'm honestly more pissed right now than I was last week after the loss. NE is making a mockery of this team. And it's only going to get worse.

RichardCullinanForever
01-14-2012, 10:22 PM
I am watching this game in utter embarrassment

Fire Arians
01-14-2012, 10:26 PM
I hope the score is 70-7, lol. Run the ****in score up son

DoctorCAD
01-14-2012, 10:31 PM
We truly were THAT bad...

A high school team could have put up 35 on this team.

Rockonsteel
01-14-2012, 10:32 PM
But watching New England disgrace Denver this weekend is perhaps more embarrassing than our loss last week. This game is a slap in the face to everyone who wore a Steeler uniform last week. I'm honestly more pissed right now than I was last week after the loss. NE is making a mockery of this team. And it's only going to get worse.

I hear you. I'm getting pissed all over again watching it my damn self. IMO, This is a direct reflection on the Steelers coaches. They had their lunch handed to them, chewed up and regurgitated. This was and is embarassing. Tomlin should be embarassed. I hope he is. Maybe we'll get lucky and this'll shame him into changing his mind about Arians......ok prolly not, but a brotha can hope.

The Steelers made Belichick job real easy this week. I'm sure he made sure his team does all of the things the Steelers didn't do right, and none of the things the Steelers did wrong. No way they were gonna get Tebowed this week.

Rockon

DoctorCAD
01-14-2012, 10:32 PM

RichardCullinanForever
01-14-2012, 10:35 PM

I'm not exaggerating when I say that this game is pissing me off far more than I was last week. FAR more. This is sad, you here that Brucey? The Pats offense is better than ours, but it shouldn't be by much. They have a better QB and better TE's. That's about it. And why were we unable to put up 40 points on this utterly terrible Denver team? For that I do not have an answer. I think people don't understand how bad this Denver team is. Yes, this is the team that put up 7 points against the Chiefs... and 29 on us.

TRH
01-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Brady would have absolutely humiliated our defense. Be thankful we're not there..its for the best.

ONE thing i'm really taking away from this NE-Denver game : WHAT A COACHING difference!!! Belichik has that NE team ready, and i mean READY.
They're seething with aggression out there, the offense is calling good plays, and the defense is all over the place, completely adjusting, making adjustments as they go, and jumping all around in different formations.
LeBeau. Tomlin. Take note. I hope you're watching this game. I hate the Patriots.....but THIS, fellas, is coaching a team. Wow, did they look ready tonight.

Boomer
01-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Brady would have absolutely humiliated our defense. Be thankful we're not there..its for the best.

ONE thing i'm really taking away from this NE-Denver game : WHAT A COACHING difference!!! Belichik has that NE team ready, and i mean READY.
They're seething with aggression out there, the offense is calling good plays, and the defense is all over the place, completely adjusting, making adjustments as they go, and jumping all around in different formations.
LeBeau. Tomlin. Take note. I hope you're watching this game. I hate the Patriots.....but THIS, fellas, is coaching a team. Wow, did they look ready tonight.

It still would have been less humiliating that getting beat by a bad team that has no real QB...

Rockonsteel
01-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Watching last weeks' game and this game, you would think the Steelers were the #31 ranked defense, and the Patriots were ranked #1. If an alien came to Earth and watched these 2 football games, he'd be confused as shit. For all y'all that ain't acknowledging the power of coaching, this game and last week's game should give you a perfect illustration of the difference it can make, injuries be damned.

Rockon

RichardCullinanForever
01-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Watching last weeks' game and this game, you would think the Steelers were the #31 ranked defense, and the Patriots were ranked #1. If an alien came to Earth and watched these 2 football games, he'd be confused as shit. For all y'all that ain't acknowledging the power of coaching, this game and last week's game should give you a perfect illustration of the difference it can make, injuries be damned.

Rockon

Player for player, the Pats aren't much better than the Steelers. Brady's better than Ben and Gron is better than Miller (or at least their coaches make better use of him than our coaches do of Miller)? Am I missing anyone else?

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2012, 11:01 PM
I hear you. I'm getting pissed all over again watching it my damn self. IMO, This is a direct reflection on the Steelers coaches. They had their lunch handed to them, chewed up and regurgitated. This was and is embarassing. Tomlin should be embarassed. I hope he is. Maybe we'll get lucky and this'll shame him into changing his mind about Arians......ok prolly not, but a brotha can hope.

The Steelers made Belichick job real easy this week. I'm sure he made sure his team does all of the things the Steelers didn't do right, and none of the things the Steelers did wrong. No way they were gonna get Tebowed this week.

Rockon
yep...bellydick is just doing the opposite of what the steelers did... going after Tbone from all directions instead of worrying about him running.

Rockonsteel
01-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Player for player, the Pats aren't much better than the Steelers. Brady's better than Ben and Gron is better than Miller (or at least their coaches make better use of him than our coaches do of Miller)? Am I missing anyone else?

They're better at guard, and maybe Dline, but that's not what's making the difference in this game. They got a guy named Ninkowski, looking like Jack Lambert. I'm pretty that he's been "coached up". I know they have a bunch of no-names in the secondary that have been "coached up", and they shut down that "vaunted" Bronco passing attack.Their whole defense flying around swarming, giving Denver no room to breathe. We gave them open highways and rocket fuel for their 4 cylinder compact car and made it look like a Porsche. That's the difference coaching makes.

Rockon

Fire Arians
01-14-2012, 11:20 PM
ROFL punt on 3rd down, talk about a slap in the face

SteelCurtain5643
01-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Tebows a clown, simple as that. You saw tonight what a team thats actually healthy does against him. If we had our whole D-line last week and a 100% woodley, it would've been the same exact thing. Steelers should've been in this game tonight, at least it wouldve been more interesting.

NoFieldFive
01-15-2012, 12:48 AM
NE was letting Pitts know tonight that losing to the Steelers earlier this year was a fluke.

If the Ravens' win tomorrow I hope NE takes out Baltimore as I really don't want to see Harbaugh and the Ravens in the big one.

steelers33
01-15-2012, 01:37 AM
Travesty that we lost to this team. We all know,even with the injuries, that our defense is a 1000 times more talented than the Patriots. Some of the dumbest coaching I've ever seen, read this article.
http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/massarotti/2012/01/belichick_wont_make_mistake_st.html

DanRooney
01-15-2012, 01:40 AM
Steelers have a ton of talent and terrible coaches. The former is how we win.

Rick5895
01-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Steelers have a ton of talent and terrible coaches. The former is how we win.

You know, I am starting to agree with you on this point. We simply never adjust during a game. I , however, am not ready to put our loss solely on the D. Tomlin needs to look at the team and staff as a whole. Our offense for all its talent woefully under performs, eventually a defense will breakdown when they constantly have play with the score tied or only a fg lead, because there is no room for error, the NFL after all is making it way too easy for offenses to put up 30 plus points a game and here we languish scoring 22 points a game.
Until our HC figures this out and forces his will on this coaching staff then we will get more of the same.

StainlessStill
01-15-2012, 08:24 AM
VERY weird mixed of emotions last night. I couldn't believe I found myself rooting for Tom Brady and the New England Patriots. Felt dirty, but SO RIGHT! I'm glad what happened. The Steelers should issue an apology for lending a helping hand in forcing the fan to watch that garbage last night and I'm glad the entire sports nation lost all that money hyping Tebow like he was literally our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I was so pissed off to see Tebow bite the dust in only their FIRST possession of the football game. To think we never even came close to this sucktitude of a quarterback while the 31st ranked defense wreaked havoc on the guy all night. Didn't surprise me. Pretty predictable as a matter of fact.

SteelCurtainCall
01-17-2012, 09:40 AM
NE was letting Pitts know tonight that losing to the Steelers earlier this year was a fluke.

If the Ravens' win tomorrow I hope NE takes out Baltimore as I really don't want to see Harbaugh and the Ravens in the big one.

I totally disagree with you on this. What it showed me, is that our team, when just reasonably healthy, can beat them. Anyone who watched the games this weekend should be able to see that a good pass rushing D wins games. I have no doubt that one of the NFC teams will win the SB.

I don't care if your Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers; if you are disrupted enough, you can't execute your game plan. The Giants proved that against NE in the SB, and against GB Sunday. As far as I'm concerned GB only scored 13 points instead of 20, as that roughing the passer call on 4th down was all that kept the Packers drive going. The replay showed no foul at all.

GB was scoring 30-40-almost 50 points a game most games, and the Giants chopped them off at the knees. The recievers dropped balls because they heard giant footsteps coming; just like our team used to make them do. I agree about BA; his schemes are so transparent that it's disgusting.

Everyong knows exactly what we're going to do before the ball is snapped. There's no creativity at all. I was shocked at Dick's game plan at Denver, and the lack of adjustments, but he is a winner, and we won't find better out there. IMHO. We need Tomlin, or another coach, who will get off this buddy buddy stuff, and let the players know that they will make every effort to play at a championship level every game, or they will find someone who will, to take their place. Just my .02

Hines0wnz
01-18-2012, 04:31 PM

I guess some people forgot about the mastery of preparedness these 2 fine coaches had the team ready versus the Patsies this past regular season? The Denver loss was only especially stinging because it was in the playoffs and the finality it brings. Tebow will never beat the Steelers again and I doubt Tebow will ever have a game like he did against the Steelers again. The defense had perhaps their 2nd worst game of the season (1st was vs Baltimore in week 1) and the Broncos (Tebow) played the game of their lives and still needed a low% heave down the field to win.

LVSteelersfan
01-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Sorry but the injuries we suffered in that Denver game would have left us sick to our stomachs against the Patsies. We would have been absolutely torched with all of the injuries on the lines and the defense. I cant say I am happy they put us out of our misery, but it was probably for the best in the long run. I am sick of the Patsies having our number in playoff time and it would not have been representative of what the Steeler team really is with 8-10 starters missing. That is almost half of the team. And Brady probably would have tried to put up 70 on the Steelers for revenge of losing earlier in the season. And you know as well as I do that they probably would have gone back to their normal defense instead of punching them in the face at the line of scrimmage like they did earlier. That is the only way to beat that team. And we didn't have the personnel to pull it off with all of those injuries.