PDA

View Full Version : Sign LT

steeltheone
01-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Im not one for holding on to vets to long or signing older players....But LaDianian Tomlinson would be a nice sign for a 3rd down back.

Moore gets hurt, Dwyer does too and has blocking issues Tomlinson would come cheap and be very reliable.

Fire Arians
01-15-2012, 01:15 PM
baron batch

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Yes, Baron Batch was a very talented prospect out of Texas Tech and before preseason started he was looking to be the 3rd Down back. They loved his pass catching ability out of the back field and even though Texas Tech never ran the ball he finished with multiple 1,000 yard seasons. He has exceptional blocking ability as well and will definitely be in the mix to get carries next season if Mendenhall cannot make it in the opener

therooster45
01-15-2012, 02:38 PM
LT yeah right next we will want to sign Ochodropo

Rockonsteel
01-15-2012, 02:43 PM
I don't know, he might be onto something there. You think LT can call plays? Maybe he can replace Arians.

Just sayin'.....

Rockon

DanRooney
01-15-2012, 02:51 PM
hipchest will be all over signing another reliable vet like LT. think about all the leadership this guy could bring. after all, this guy set records in 2004 :chuckle:

therooster45
01-15-2012, 03:14 PM
We have plenty of leaders on this team we don't need a journeyman to do that. He couldn't lead the Chargers to the promised land what makes you think he knows more about getting there than the numerous players here who have made several trips to the big dance

StainlessStill
01-15-2012, 03:17 PM
"Too old. Must get younger. Need an explosive offense. Young-Money. Lets sign the human old & washed up price tag that is L.T"

JCPsteelers
01-15-2012, 03:18 PM
I actually thought this was about an offensive lineman

LT the running back is shot. We are already over the cap. Can't be wasting dollars on shot running backs

Goldsteel86
01-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Im not one for holding on to vets to long or signing older players....But LaDianian Tomlinson would be a nice sign for a 3rd down back.

Moore gets hurt, Dwyer does too and has blocking issues Tomlinson would come cheap and be very reliable.

This, could be a smart move, too many intangibles at RB for this upcoming season, LT, I must admit would look good in the Black and Gold!!!! As far as the salary cap goes, the Steelers have always found a way to get under it, they will again this year, LT would be a nice addition and just maybe this team could give him the SB ring he is looking for!

Fire Arians
01-15-2012, 04:48 PM
This, could be a smart move, too many intangibles at RB for this upcoming season, LT, I must admit would look good in the Black and Gold!!!! As far as the salary cap goes, the Steelers have always found a way to get under it, they will again this year, LT would be a nice addition and just maybe this team could give him the SB ring he is looking for!

i dunno man, bad idea. mendenhall/redman is a good 1-2 punch, and baron batch is a great talent for a 3rd down back. we are good on running bcks.

if we bring in any free agents im guessing it'll be nose tackle or guard

Goldsteel86
01-15-2012, 04:57 PM
i dunno man, bad idea. mendenhall/redman is a good 1-2 punch, and baron batch is a great talent for a 3rd down back. we are good on running bcks.

if we bring in any free agents im guessing it'll be nose tackle or guard

I totally agree, but with Mendenhall going out with the knee and not possibly being 100% at the beginning of the season, as much as I like Baron Batch, he's coming off a knee injury, there is not much to count on. LT would at least bring some leadership to this backfield!!!

jjpro11
01-15-2012, 05:00 PM
i'd rather spend the money on a LT, instead of the LT.

Goldsteel86
01-15-2012, 05:53 PM
i'd rather spend the money on a LT, instead of the LT.

I agree, LT is a definite need, Ladanian Tomlinson the running back not the O Lineman would be a welcome addition!!!! Someone who could add something a little different to the backfield, Willie had Jerome, maybe Rashard has LT!!!!!

Darkstorm05
01-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Where are we getting the money to sign all these FA players? The way things stand right now we're going to struggle to afford to sign peanut vendors for Heinz field next year, let alone all our current roster that are ending their contracts.

Fire Arians
01-15-2012, 06:29 PM
I agree, LT is a definite need, Ladanian Tomlinson the running back not the O Lineman would be a welcome addition!!!! Someone who could add something a little different to the backfield, Willie had Jerome, maybe Rashard has LT!!!!!

http://www.bodybuildingforums.com.au/attachments/training-and-exercise/1226d1313732699-saunas-not_sure_if_srs.jpg

Goldsteel86
01-15-2012, 06:41 PM
http://www.bodybuildingforums.com.au/attachments/training-and-exercise/1226d1313732699-saunas-not_sure_if_srs.jpg

I'm serious, LT might add something to this backfield, he is a threat out of the backfield, a different option for Ben. Something he hasn't had in a long while. He also brings that veteran experience to that huddle!

austinfrench76
01-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Our backfield next year:

Mendenhall
Redman
Dwyer
Clay
Batch

We will be okay. Take that money and start signing Lineman (both O and D). Specifically a NT because it appears we only have 2 on the roster with Hampton (who may be gone) and Mclendon.

DanRooney
01-15-2012, 08:59 PM
We'll have 4 RBs on the roster. I think Clay will get demoted to the PS because in all honesty, he doesn't give you anything different than Redman. Batch is supposedly a younger version of Mewelde in that he's elusive and quick as opposed to a power guy like our other backs.

tanda10506
01-15-2012, 09:52 PM
LT is one of those FA signings that sounds great but works out mediocre at best. It would be his 3rd "system" to learn and he's at the end of his career. I like him but at the end of his career I don't know if he's better then Redman or Mendy. Behind our O line now, and/or with Bruce Arians, LT would give us the same thing Mewelde gives us on 3rd down. Baron Batch has a lot of potential and was said to be looking good before the injury. I'm not sure if Mendy will be back but Redman will do fine as our primary back, he is a better fit for the team. Then Dwyer and Clay would be behind him with Batch as our 3rd down back. I think we are set at RB, especially for a team that only has one on the field half the game. 5 wide Bruce!!!

FrancoLambert
01-15-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm serious, LT might add something to this backfield, he is a threat out of the backfield, a different option for Ben. Something he hasn't had in a long while. He also brings that veteran experience to that huddle!

Sure, he would add age, the inability to pick up the blitz, the inability to break off the long run, and absolutely no leadership........just what we need.:doh:

NoFieldFive
01-15-2012, 11:34 PM
what is this third down back you speak of? must be something new to the NFL as I've never heard of one.

why have a third down back when you can go to Wallace for a 50 yard bomb on third and 4?

steeltheone
01-16-2012, 07:34 AM
Where are we getting the money to sign all these FA players? The way things stand right now we're going to struggle to afford to sign peanut vendors for Heinz field next year, let alone all our current roster that are ending their contracts.

I would not throw big money at him. He can't be an everydown back. Watching the Jets play at the end of the year he looked good. Dwyer, Batch are a dime a dozen.

SteeleReign
01-16-2012, 07:47 AM
I have no interest in LT. He is way beyond his productive years. I'd be more inclined to spend that FA money on a #2 QB. Someone that can pick up the ball, WHEN Ben gets hurt and keep the ball moving. With BA at the offensive helm, #2 QB is clearly more valuable than #3 RB.