PDA

View Full Version : Matt Flynn for backup QB?

SteelCurtain5643
01-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Why not? the dude threw for 6 TD's in the final week of the season for the Pack. and they said today they are probably not gonna franchise tag him. This team badly needs a backup QB and this kid has talent. I'd def try and pick him up.

Fire Arians
01-15-2012, 04:25 PM
lol wait in line. he's gonna get kevin kolb money from somebody

SteelCurtain5643
01-15-2012, 04:26 PM
lol wait in line. he's gonna get kevin kolb money from somebody

Probably, but I'd still love to have him

Fire Arians
01-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Probably, but I'd still love to have him

it would surely be nice but i highly doubt we're going to be able to afford the 40+ million some other team is going to throw at him to be a starting qb.

besides it would be a total shame to see bruce arians ruin the young man's career

pete74
01-15-2012, 04:36 PM
He's going someone were he could start. Someone who needs a QB will throw him big bucks

pittpete
01-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Where we getting the $$$$$ to sign him?

DanRooney
01-15-2012, 04:42 PM
He'll be a starter bro.

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-15-2012, 04:54 PM
I agree DanRooney, Flynn has been wanted by so many teams for the last 3 seasons. No way the Steelers will be in the Sweepstakes for him, especially because GB can get at least a 2nd Rd pick for him and they might want to keep him anyway

steelerchad
01-15-2012, 05:14 PM
He'll be given a chance to start next year.
These teams would likely hand him the starting job.
Redskins
Dolphins
Browns

These teams would likely let him come in to compete for the starting job.
Chiefs
Jags
Jets
Raiders

I'm guessing the Redskins would shell out the cash he's looking for.

He'd be destined to spend the next 5 or 6 years in Pittsburgh on the bench would be the rest of his prime.

JCPsteelers
01-15-2012, 05:20 PM
This team badly needs an offensive line to protect Big Ben. That is what the front office, fans, Big Ben, my mama, etc should be demanding.

Goldsteel86
01-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Why not? the dude threw for 6 TD's in the final week of the season for the Pack. and they said today they are probably not gonna franchise tag him. This team badly needs a backup QB and this kid has talent. I'd def try and pick him up.

Ummm he played one game, not to take anything away from him, but he played one good game at the end of the season!!!!! AHHHHHHH, let someone else waste their money, look at Matt Cassell, no thanks!!!!! Then the thought has to be asked, mediocre and from Green Bay, really???? :doh: :noidea: :rofl:

Atlanta Dan
01-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Flynn is not the answer - we obviously need to sign Peyton Manning once Peyton is released to back up Ben

Goldsteel86
01-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Flynn is not the answer - we obviously need to sign Peyton Manning once Peyton is released to back up Ben

Ummm Sir, is this sarcasm????

Atlanta Dan
01-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Ummm Sir, is this sarcasm????

No - I am completely serious - I cannot imagine why the Steelers could not fit whatever salary Peyton will be demanding if he leaves the Colts without having salary cap issues and know Peyton would be delighted to sit on the bench to watch Ben execute plays called by offensive mastermind Bruce Arians - given that opportunity I am positive Peyton would sign for the league minimum to be a backup for the Steelers

Goldsteel86
01-15-2012, 06:00 PM
No - I am completely serious - I cannot imagine why the Steelers could not fit whatever salary Peyton will be demanding if he leaves the Colts without having salary cap issues and know Peyton would be delighted to sit on the bench to watch Ben execute plays called by offensive mastermind Bruce Arians - given that opportunity I am positive Peyton would sign for the league minimum to be a backup for the Steelers

IMO, UMMMM NO!!!!! If you're serious, no way this happens, Ben sitting behind Peyton, ummm, I think I need a reality break!!!!!

jjpro11
01-15-2012, 06:03 PM
my guess is the Browns go hard after Flynn if they don't draft RG3.

Fire Arians
01-15-2012, 06:06 PM

bruce arians is my hero, he's better than bill belichick and tony dungy

Goldsteel86
01-15-2012, 06:09 PM
bruce arians is my hero, he's better than bill belichick

I've had some beers tonight, please tell me you are being sarcastic???

Atlanta Dan
01-15-2012, 06:17 PM
I've had some beers tonight, please tell me you are being sarcastic???

No sarcasm here - Fire Arians and I believe in Bruce Arians.

Peyton Manning would be a fool to pass up an opportunity to learn how a high performing NFL offense operates by being a backup QB for the Steelers and getting to sit in each week as Arians explained the game plan

Peyton should pay the Steelers to get that opportunity

harrison'samonster
01-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Peyton Manning would be a fool to pass up an opportunity to learn how a high performing NFL offense operates by being a backup QB for the Steelers and getting to sit in each week as Arians explained the game plan

Absolutely hilarious! :rofl:

We would then have Arians and Archie Manning running our offense together. We would be unstoppable.

Fire Arians
01-16-2012, 02:10 AM
No sarcasm here - Fire Arians and I believe in Bruce Arians.

100% agree, I hope arians has a long career with the Steelers and is our OC until he's 80 like dick lebeau, heil the arians nation!

tony hipchest
01-16-2012, 02:32 AM
we should get peyton manning as a back up. bruce arians turned him into the great qb he is today.

dont believe me? just ask bruce...

Goldsteel86
01-16-2012, 11:06 AM
All right I am convinced, Peyton would look good in the Black and Gold, carrying a clip board and climbing into the back pocket of the offensive "Genius" Bruce Arians, the Steelers can't lose!!!! Lets pull the trigger on this deal and pull it quick! :tt03: :tt04: :tt02:

Curtain_of_Steel
01-16-2012, 10:08 PM
System QB, LOLOL

Ben is here till he retires, hopefully. They need and have to spend money on the OL. But we all know they won't.

EbonySteel86
01-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Where we getting the $$$$$ to sign him?

Exactly! He getting big bucks for a one game performance.