PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants/ Green Bay Packer

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Here is a thread for the NYG/GB game. It is soo much better than us talking about those DirtyBirds

Fire Arians
01-15-2012, 05:21 PM
the fix is in, how was that NOT a fumble?

JCPsteelers
01-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Wow, where do they find these refs? clearly a fumble

Fire Arians
01-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Wow, where do they find these refs? clearly a fumble

simple, goodell wants the packers to repeat. god forbid the giants go 14 up and put them in trouble

i don't like to say shit like that, but seriously, that was fumble all the way. how can you say otherwise? I bet even GB fans couldn't believe the call.

BleedPurple
01-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Ridiculous call perfect example of home field advantage at work.

JCPsteelers
01-15-2012, 05:27 PM
simple, goodell wants the packers to repeat. god forbid the giants go 14 up and put them in trouble

i don't like to say shit like that, but seriously, that was fumble all the way. how can you say otherwise? I bet even GB fans couldn't believe the call.

To be fair, NY in the Super Bowl would generate more interest than GB would. I hate Goddell but I don't think there is a conspiracy to get the Packers in. I just think the NFL has a bunch of incompetent officials

JCPsteelers
01-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Mike Pereria even says it was a fumble. Just incompetent officiating.

JCPsteelers
01-15-2012, 05:29 PM
LOL what the hell, onside kick?

jjpro11
01-15-2012, 05:30 PM
lol NFL sucks. it's gone to shit.. the quality of officiating in the NFL is the worst of the 4 major sports leagues. the commissioner is an absolute joke and is respected by nobody in the league.

JCPsteelers
01-15-2012, 05:32 PM
This game has turned

Fire Arians
01-15-2012, 05:39 PM
To be fair, NY in the Super Bowl would generate more interest than GB would. I hate Goddell but I don't think there is a conspiracy to get the Packers in. I just think the NFL has a bunch of incompetent officials

i don't know man, unless the ref was legally blind, i don't see how that's not a fumble. it's obvious the fix is in, i stopped watching the game since they ruled down by contact. the officials won't let the giants take this one.

Atlanta Dan
01-15-2012, 05:48 PM
i don't know man, unless the ref was legally blind, i don't see how that's not a fumble. it's obvious the fix is in, i stopped watching the game since they ruled down by contact. the officials won't let the giants take this one.

If Green Bay was undefeated I might agree there was some incentive to help history occur

But the NFL does not care who wins - unlike baseball or the NBA the NFL ratings are not driven by which teams play

Atlanta Dan
01-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Yikes - horrible D by the Packers to end the half

Fire Arians
01-15-2012, 07:25 PM
just turned on the tv again to check the score. holy shit? green bay is getting owned

jjpro11
01-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Rodgers is about to get more time to film commercials this off-season.

JCPsteelers
01-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Packers imploded.

Still pissed we lost to this team in the Super Bowl

Fire Arians
01-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Rodgers is about to get more time to film commercials this off-season.

i wonder how many green bay fans are clamoring for rodgers to get benched for flynn :chuckle:

anyone think NYG can beat the 49ers? i hope so.

jjpro11
01-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Packers imploded.

Still pissed we lost to this team in the Super Bowl

yeah, especially considering we had the ball at the end of the game and could have won.. ****ing sucks.

jjpro11
01-15-2012, 07:31 PM
blow to the head?! could the NFL be any more obvious they protect and target certain players?

steelerchad
01-15-2012, 07:35 PM
blow to the head?! could the NFL be any more obvious they protect and target certain players?

unbelievable. Another missed call.

Actually they called something that never happened. Even worse than not seeing a call, is calling one that didn't happen.

I can hear the call down from the NFL to the ref now. "It's 30-13 and viewers are tuning out, make something happen to keep it close".
Refs are worthless in this league.

VegasStlrFan
01-15-2012, 07:37 PM
unbelievable. Another missed call.

Actually they called something that never happened. Even worse than not seeing a call, is calling one that didn't happen.

I can hear the call down from the NFL to the ref now. "It's 30-13 and viewers are tuning out, make something happen to keep it close".
Refs are worthless in this league.

And it leads to a touchdown

VegasStlrFan
01-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Very suspect officiating this post season in every game. Worst I can remember.

JCPsteelers
01-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Eli clutch

Fire Arians
01-15-2012, 07:44 PM
lol game over, fat boy blowjob raji got juked by bradshaw

Raw Steel
01-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Just shows you again, it's hard to repeat. Also should show you the No. 1 seed and home field are overrated. It's about being hot at the right time.

steelerchad
01-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Just shows you again, it's hard to repeat. Also should show you the No. 1 seed and home field are overrated. It's about being hot at the right time.

hot and healthy. Neither of which were we.

Fire Arians
01-15-2012, 07:56 PM

on the bright side, neither are the ravens. i hope they get smashed next week

Kanata-Steeler
01-15-2012, 07:59 PM

so true.

Atlanta Dan
01-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Packers now replace Steelers as biggest playoff underperformer

Fire Arians
01-15-2012, 08:39 PM

the giants are not a bad team and they have an ex super bowl mvp. losing to the giants isn't as embarrassing as losing to teblow

harrison'samonster
01-15-2012, 08:41 PM

Hahaha. I might have to disagree with you there. Giants looked pretty good going into the post-season.

Atlanta Dan
01-15-2012, 09:19 PM
the giants are not a bad team and they have an ex super bowl mvp. losing to the giants isn't as embarrassing as losing to teblow

A month ago Green Bay was undefeated and being discussed as potentially one of the great teams of all time

Going into the playoffs Green Bay was the favorite to win the Super Bowl and the Steelers were presumed to be losing in the second round after winning in Denver

Steelers lost one game earlier in the playoffs than they were supposed to (on the road) - Green Bay lost at least 2 games earlier than they were supposed to, at home, by 17 points - IMO that makes the Packers a much bigger underperformer

TRH
01-15-2012, 09:39 PM
i LOVE it. I have learned in the last year to hate the Packers.
Going into the SB last year, they and Aaron Rogers were portrayed as "nice" guys, real people (not typical sport attitudes), and their fans as the greatest, down-home people in the country. By the media of course.
SINCE....
Personally, i've found :
1. Their fans to be major weenies and highly annoying
2. Way too many calls go in their favor (or don't get called)...i watched a number of games this year
3. And that Aaron Rogers, is in fact, not a nice guy, but a real arrogant SOB, from his ****iness in interviews to his supremely annoying "championship belt" routine.

I'm glad that NY advanced. In the last half of this year, Eli Manning has creeped up silently, while Brees/Brady/Rogers garner all the press, to be possibly the best QB in the league (at least for the 2nd half of the season).

jjpro11
01-16-2012, 12:43 AM
yeah, glad to see Rodgers essentially lose his stupid championship belt.

i am also glad we won't have a Super Bowl with the two worst defenses in the league, Patriots-Packers.. what a mockery that would have been on the history of football. the fact that the two #1 seeds had the two worst defenses was bad enough. if they keep changing the rules, teams aren't going to bother even taking defenders in the first round any more.. they'll be so focused on building a passing attack and throwing 70 times a game, that defense will become nothing but an annoyance in the way of the passing game.