PDA

View Full Version : Larry Foote Seeks Custody of Son

83-Steelers-43
06-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Steelers linebacker Larry Foote seeks custody of son
Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Associated Press

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Larry Foote has asked a Michigan court to award him custody of a 10-year-old son he says he did not know existed until nearly two years ago.

Foote, 26, who has homes in Pittsburgh and the Detroit suburb of West Bloomfield Township, made his request in a recent filing in Oakland County Circuit Court. A hearing is scheduled for July 5 before Judge Cheryl Matthews.

The 6-foot, 239-pound Foote played at Michigan and is a starting linebacker for the Steelers.

In the filing, Foote seeks an order granting him temporary custody of Trey-Veion Hammond. He acted after the boy's mother threatened to take the boy from Foote.

"Larry has stepped up to take responsibility for his son from the moment he learned of him," Foote lawyer Francis X. Bujold II told The Detroit News for a story Wednesday. "Now he hopes to make it permanent."

Trey-Veion's mother, Khalila Shanese Hammond of Inkster, said she was surprised when she received the filing. She said she appreciates Foote's actions on behalf of their son but says the boy is homesick and should not stay with Foote full-time.

"It's not going to happen," Hammond said. "I'm going to fight him."

SteelersMongol
06-28-2006, 10:17 PM
The boy is no homesick. The lady is tripping. We all saw it on NFL web. The boy was happy with his dad. I still have the USA Today issue with him and Foote. Larry is THE MAN. I would've done the same. Good luck.

Ambridge
06-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Good luck Larry.
I guess the best Larry can hope for is Joint Custody so he can at least have an Official/Legal voice in his sons life.

Lyn
06-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Good for her, I am glad she is going to stand up for herself and at least get joint custody of the son she has raised for 10 years. No judge will give him sole custody. That child has 2 parents and deserves to be with both of them. Keep in kind I do not know the whole story but I do think if she is a good mom.......

LambertLunatic
06-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Good for her, I am glad she is going to stand up for herself and at least get joint custody of the son she has raised for 10 years. No judge will give him sole custody. That child has 2 parents and deserves to be with both of them. Keep in kind I do not know the whole story but I do think if she is a good mom.......

Good for her? Sorry, but I must disagree. This woman was 24 when she conceived. Foote was 15. This was statutary (sp?) rape. She then waits until Foote gets a nice payday when he signed his new contract, and only then bothers to tell him that he has a son. A good mother would not keep her son from knowing his own father until it was to her financial benefit.

Prosdo
06-28-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm sorry but it's wrong not to tell the father about the boy until 2 years ago. Credit to Larry for stepping up. A lot of guys wouldn't have.

CantStop85
06-28-2006, 11:33 PM
Good for her? Sorry, but I must disagree. This woman was 24 when she conceived. Foote was 15. This was statutary (sp?) rape. She then waits until Foote gets a nice payday when he signed his new contract, and only then bothers to tell him that he has a son. A good mother would not keep her son from knowing his own father until it was to her financial benefit.
If I were 15 or 16, I don't think I would want to know I had a kid. My parents already yell at me enough.

But to look at it from the woman's perspective, had she told Foote when he was 15 or 16 that she was pregnant with his baby, she easily could have been accused for statutory rape. It's a sticky situation, but then again what are you doing with a 15-year-old to begin with? I do agree, however, that she would have never told Foote that he had a son unless he could benefit her financially.

Prosdo
06-29-2006, 12:03 AM
Seriously what was she doing with this a 15/16 year old. She doesn't sound too intelligent.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-29-2006, 01:51 AM
We need to figure out what kind of mother she is before we can give too much of an opinion....
Credit to Foote for being a man.
But then again.......hes a Pittsburgh Steeler

clevestinks
06-29-2006, 04:21 AM
Good Luck Larry, way to step up!

Livinginthe past
06-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Yeah I agree,

regardless of the situation with the mother, its a real man that steps up to his responsibilities.

Well done Larry Foote.

NM

HometownGal
06-29-2006, 06:27 AM
I think this is great! He obviously loves this boy and should have the opportunity (and blessing) to play a huge role in raising his son, even if via joint custody. Too many judges in the past automatically awarded full custody of a child/children to the mother just because they gave birth to them and I always felt that was wrong. That tide has turned over the last 5-7 years, thank goodness. A man can be just as good a parent and a stable and positive influence on a child as a woman and it is great that Larry is so dedicated to raising his son.

I agree - what was that woman thinking? Getting it on with a 15/16 year old child? Must be a real doozie. :rolleyes:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-29-2006, 07:45 AM
I guess I tend to be a little black and white when defining a 24 yo female who sleeps with a 15 yo boy...One of two definitions as far as I am concerned:

from a 15yo boys perspective....COOL!:smile:
from a RATIONAL perspective....PEDOPHILE!:dang:

nicesteel4life
06-29-2006, 09:03 AM
:mad: Reason I get upset on this forum!
Once again!!! Believe me we ALL know which ones, come on here screaming for rights for the woman.
I never realized that becuase you gave birth to a child that that ment you deserved them.
COM'ON people! She RAPED a BOY. Let the story be switched and it be the guy 24 and she was 15 WOW! The Board would exlode with RAPE, Un-educated low-life, ect.
BUT once again becuase of the False interpitation of the law on Womans rights your saying " SHE DESERVES HALF CUSTODY " Maybe she does maybe she dont! We as a society need to stop STEREOTYPING(or at least on the boards). My opinion is she is a MONEY HUNGRY-CHILD RAPER-LYING B****....She had him for 10 years, without enough respect for him or herself to tell Foote. NOW!!! OH he got PAID! Now it's time to let him know. Well let him have him for the next 8 years....We really truly need to look at all the facts and stop ALWAYS taking the womans side. Woman can also be Liars, Abusers, Theifs and Cheats.......Or as most we hope Loving, Caring, Gentle Parents. LARRY FOOTE way to GO!!!!!

83-Steelers-43
06-29-2006, 09:06 AM

I agree and excellent point.

tony hipchest
06-29-2006, 09:17 AM
:mad: Reason I get upset on this forum!
Once again!!! Believe me we ALL know which ones, come on here screaming for rights for the woman.
I never realized that becuase you gave birth to a child that that ment you deserved them.
COM'ON people! She RAPED a BOY. Let the story be switched and it be the guy 24 and she was 15 WOW! The Board would exlode with RAPE, Un-educated low-life, ect.
BUT once again becuase of the False interpitation of the law on Womans rights your saying " SHE DESERVES HALF CUSTODY " Maybe she does maybe she dont! We as a society need to stop STEREOTYPING(or at least on the boards). My opinion is she is a MONEY HUNGRY-CHILD RAPER-LYING B****....She had him for 10 years, without enough respect for him or herself to tell Foote. NOW!!! OH he got PAID! Now it's time to let him know. Well let him have him for the next 8 years....We really truly need to look at all the facts and stop ALWAYS taking the womans side. Woman can also be Liars, Abusers, Theifs and Cheats.......Or as most we hope Loving, Caring, Gentle Parents. LARRY FOOTE way to GO!!!!!i enjoyed the fervor of this post. but you cant rape the willing. there are double standards as far as the prosecution of the statutory laws goes and at 15-16 he may have been of age. he couldve been one of those kids with a thick ol mustache at 16. at his age i had been with several women that would be considered statutory and i wouldnt change it one bit.

now for the woman, didnt this crackhoe strawberry bitch drop her kid off onto his porch 2 years ago? and now shes probably been advised that without permanent custody of the child she gets no fat child support check every month?

we dont know this womans character. all we know is she practically gave up the child 2 years ago and now wants him back. theres a reason foote is fighting for permanent custody. he must feel he can provide a better home and upbringing.

SteelersMongol
06-29-2006, 09:47 AM
i enjoyed the fervor of this post. but you cant rape the willing. there are double standards as far as the prosecution of the statutory laws goes and at 15-16 he may have been of age. he couldve been one of those kids with a thick ol mustache at 16. at his age i had been with several women that would be considered statutory and i wouldnt change it one bit.

now for the woman, didnt this crackhoe strawberry bitch drop her kid off onto his porch 2 years ago? and now shes probably been advised that without permanent custody of the child she gets no fat child support check every month?

we dont know this womans character. all we know is she practically gave up the child 2 years ago and now wants him back. theres a reason foote is fighting for permanent custody. he must feel he can provide a better home and upbringing.

From what I understood, she actually asked Larry to take care of him, when she told him 2 years ago. She said I can't handle these many kids and such. So Larry took his son with him. Now tha lady is tripping. It said the mom was surprised. She was surprised my eye! The lady is a tramp.

BB2W
06-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Good for him... single dads rock. :cool:

SteelerFanInCA
06-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Glad to see a Steeler in court for a good reason. I'm not too sure what the mother of his child is like but that's pretty messed up she waited so long to let Larry know he had a son.

Haiku_Dirtt
06-29-2006, 03:24 PM
MEMO to Larry:

Please call Santonio. He is in desperate need of a mentor.

Respectfully,
Steeler Country

SteelersMongol
06-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Glad to see a Steeler in court for a good reason.

Ha ha ha. :sofunny: That's hilarious. :smile:

NV STEELERS 723
06-29-2006, 10:37 PM
AS long as the boy wants to be w/ Dad....

MattsMe
06-30-2006, 01:45 AM
I think Foote should get to keep his son, and if the lady wants another one that bad, she can call Santonio. :cool:

nicesteel4life
06-30-2006, 08:10 AM
I think Foote should get to keep his son, and if the lady wants another one that bad, she can call Santonio. :cool:

HAHAHAHAHA That was a great one!
First good laugh of the day. Thanks!

RoethlisBURGHer
06-30-2006, 12:20 PM
This woman sounds like a ****ty little trampy ho (must be Santonio's kinda woman).She can't handle all the kids she has had so she asks Larry Foote to care for his son.Now he gets a big pay-day and she wants custody back.Sounds like she wants his money.

Good luck Larry Foote,I hope you get to keep your son...he's better off with you anyhow.

And about statuatory rape,it's two-faced.An older (18+ being older) guy and a 15/16 y/o girl decide to have sex (they both agree) and the older guy gets thrown in jail for rape.Reverse it and it's fine because "you can't rape the willing" as someone who posted before me said.Well,what's different about the guy being older?If she was willing,it techically isn't rape,she was willing to do it.

nicesteel4life
06-30-2006, 02:55 PM
EXACTLY!!!!! The laws BEND & BEND for Woman...Then the Woman want to BEND & BEND those rules to the fullest, easily escaping the fact that they do wrong... When all the muddy water clears and settles to the bottom...Foote will be standing proud with his Son, and Holmes will be catching & running plays for many years as a Steeler.