PDA

View Full Version : Ummm, did you guys know....

EbonySteel86
01-16-2012, 01:18 PM
That Redman was 4th in rushing in the post season? Wait for it....the 3 above him, Foster, Mcgahee, Bradshaw played 2 paid games and the man only ran 17 times!!!! I truly believe we got a legit stud muffin for a RB, and an OC, and Qb that needs to relies that.

StainlessStill
01-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Stopped reading after "stud muffin." Seriously dude? Stud muffin?

Anyway, I agree. No teams will bite on Mendenhall with the injury he just suffered. Redman will now split 50/50 caries. It's up to our damn offensive line now. Get healthy, and Arians can call within his offense. Arians is hated for the wrong reasons. We must stay healthy.

truesteelerfan
01-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Imagine our potential if we had a real FB!

BlaZeQuietly
01-16-2012, 03:54 PM
I agree 100% mende is so over rated Ive always liked redmans running style, similar to the bus and frank gore, he just put his head down and runs the right direction, I like that.

tanda10506
01-16-2012, 04:21 PM
I'd like to say get a FB ASAP, but Arians wouldn't use him. I do think that teams will want to wait and see how Mendy does this coming year after the injury. Problem for Mendy is though that Redman will most likely get 50% or more of the carries. Redman runs tough and with Arians and our O line that's what we need. It would be nice though if it could become one of those one two punch combos like Foster and Tate. I know it sounds far fetched, but with some decent blocking and Redman stuffing it up the gut all the time, Mendy might become really successful using his agility to cut outside for the big run. A FB would be nice for all of this, but I doubt we will see one.

Ricco Suavez
01-16-2012, 05:18 PM
I would love to see our backs share more in the carries this upcoming year, including Dwyer. I think with Redman running early and mixing in some Mendy we could have a running game again. We just need to get Arians and Ben on board with the idea.

FanSince72
01-16-2012, 06:08 PM
http://www.sycaonline.org/images/redman1.jpg

Fire Arians
01-16-2012, 06:36 PM
no homo! lol

EbonySteel86
01-16-2012, 08:47 PM

LOL!!! Classic!!

EbonySteel86
01-16-2012, 08:51 PM
I'd like to say get a FB ASAP, but Arians wouldn't use him. I do think that teams will want to wait and see how Mendy does this coming year after the injury. Problem for Mendy is though that Redman will most likely get 50% or more of the carries. Redman runs tough and with Arians and our O line that's what we need. It would be nice though if it could become one of those one two punch combos like Foster and Tate. I know it sounds far fetched, but with some decent blocking and Redman stuffing it up the gut all the time, Mendy might become really successful using his agility to cut outside for the big run. A FB would be nice for all of this, but I doubt we will see one.

Our running attack would be deadly and Ben would be better off statistically and physically!

StainlessStill
01-16-2012, 09:44 PM

I know people put "lol" alot to enter characters of being subtle, but I just literally laughed out loud and wasn't expecting that. Too funny.:drink::tt04:

finesward
01-16-2012, 10:33 PM
So what happens to baron batch and dwyer when we bring in this fullback that will instantly give redman and mendy 3 more yards per carry? Or do you keep only 2 TE's and abandon the 3 TE set that was widely effective for us this year? If so do you cut Johnson who has shown he can play fullback reasonably well and has decent hands, or do you cut wesley saunders who many here consider heathesque?

I wish some of you guys would honestly think about some of the things you suggest on here. It's not as simple as we make it out to be.

If anything we need to bring in a guard, not a fullback. Keep the backs we have, keep the tight ends we have and just utilize the RB's in a way other teams do. The giants have a good rotating backfield, the saints used sproles in a way that made him shine. The chargers tried to force him as an everydown back and he was awful. We now have a stocked backfield with clay dwyer batch redman mendy and even moore showed serviceable running before his injury. Hell, we even have the UFA we signed to suit up against the broncos some around here are high on.

A line that is young and talented with a vet leader is what we need. Pouncey was a great start. Gilbert was a surprise to many given his thrust into the spotlight. We need to keep moving in that direction and get kemo, foster, legursky, and scott out of the starting lineup.

PhantomJB93
01-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Um, he played one game. Being 4th out of the teams that played isn't much to write home about, we were the only non-Broncos team that wasn't passing every single down. I think he can be a decent starter but some people are seriously overreacting, I really haven't seen anything spectacular from this kid. He'll be a serviceable running back, not a stud, but honestly serviceable is all you need in today's NFL.

Whodis
01-17-2012, 06:31 AM
Stopped reading after "stud muffin." Seriously dude? Stud muffin?

Can that get you banned?

I'm going to try to go a week without bitching about the fact we always get way from the running game. High Octane Offense!!

EbonySteel86
01-17-2012, 07:13 AM
Can that get you banned?

I'm going to try to go a week without bitching about the fact we always get way from the running game. High Octane Offense!!

I feel you, but its frustrating as hell!! If we had an decent run game, maybe 20/30 carries a game, then maybe we would be in the championship game like say SF, NY, or Bmore. The High Octane offenses didn't do all that well this weekend.