PDA

View Full Version : The Colts

ARKIESTEEL
06-29-2006, 12:51 PM
Is it just me or does ever sports news from the paper to tv want the colts to win it all? I mean its like nobody else should be takeing Peytons SB ring I for one hate the colts since pretty Peyton has come along and all this is the reason why.

BlackNGold203
06-29-2006, 12:54 PM
No worries bro.....

No Edge...no SB for the Dolts...

We'll see how Peyton does with no running game to protect him

Ambridge
06-29-2006, 02:17 PM
No! It's not your imagination.

The media loves "Jughead" Manning and has bestowed on him and the Colts a sense of "Entitlement" that they deserve a Superbowl before they've actually won one.

You can almost see the same thing starting to happen with the Bengals.

IMO the window for the Colts is starting to slowly close and now that Bill Cowher has won the Superbowl, Tony Dungy now assumes the role of the coach who can't seem to win the big one.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-29-2006, 02:26 PM
Is it just me or does ever sports news from the paper to tv want the colts to win it all? I mean its like nobody else should be takeing Peytons SB ring I for one hate the colts since pretty Peyton has come along and all this is the reason why.

I have been surprised to see how many people are jumping on the Panthers bandwagon!!!..They would be the third best team in our Division..but are now being touted as potential CHAMPS!!?? ...PLEASE!

kmsteelerwr15
06-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Who cares what the media says?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! We'll just man handle them once again in the playoffs and maybe than the media will jump off the Colts bandwagon for a while.

boLT fan
06-29-2006, 02:33 PM
I have been surprised to see how many people are jumping on the Panthers bandwagon!!!..They would be the third best team in our Division..but are now being touted as potential CHAMPS!!?? ...PLEASE!

They place in the NFC, a high school football team could make it to the Superbowl. And the Panthers could probably really compete in the AFC, they are a really good team.

Of course everyone wants Peyton to win it all. He's son of Archie, brother of Sh-Eli, everyone loves the Manning Mother F*ckers. I hope they get attacked by wild bears on a family vacation.

Ambridge
06-29-2006, 02:37 PM

Carolina is a legit contender in the NFC.
DeAngelo Williams was a great first round pick for them and as much as I hate "Meshawn" Johnson he definately will take some pressure off of Steve Smith.

I think the NFC is a toss up between the Giants and the Panthers.

SteelerFanInCA
06-29-2006, 02:49 PM
This time around we will just beat The Colts at our place. I still think the Colts took a step backwards on defense.

Manning claims he wants to play for another 8 years. Let's watch and see how many championships he wins during those 8 years.

silver & black
06-29-2006, 03:05 PM
The Colts blow. They had their shot(s) and blew it. No Edge, no nothing. They aren't good enough, now... and obviously, not then, either.

The whole NFC pretty much sucks right now. The AFC will win the next 3 Superbowls before the NFC can do anything about it.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-29-2006, 03:51 PM

Its not you. Its a fact the media wants Peyton "Golden Boy" Manning to win it all. I for one get so tired of hearing about the Colts. I live in Indiana so I hear it all the time. I work with Colts fans and when I hang at the local bar...I have to put up with their crap all the time. I never seen a fanbase have such a love fest like Colts fans do with Peyton Manning. You can't have an intelligent conversation with them. Its Peyton this or its Peyton that. They seem to forget that football is a team game. Some Colts actually think Peyton is the best QB ever.

Lets see the excuses I have heard from Colts fans over the years.

1. Oh, we didn't have a defense.
2. We had to go to New England and play in the elements.
3. The Pats were to physical.
4. Nick Harpers wife stabbed him.

Those are just some examples of the sorry excuses that the Colts fans have come up with the last 5 or so years come playoff time. Oh, I forgot the number one excuse and this came from Peyton's own mouth. "We had protection problems". Sorry but I'm so tired of Peyton Manning and the Colts and I just smile everytime I think about Joey Porter sacking him twice at the end of that game to drop the almighty Golden Boy's playoff record to 3-6.

Livinginthe past
06-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Welcome to the last 4 years of being a Patriots fan - even if you guys were to repeat it doesn't matter - the Colts are still the team to beat.

If you keeping calling it, I guess you are going to be right sooner or later.

They have been regular season giants for a few years now, without the Edge I dont think they will even dominate their division.

NM

HburgXL06
06-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Peyton Manning. Where has he not been showcased and revered. He's on commercials for the NFL, ESPN, commercials for rebuildin Louisianna, commercials for credit cards, colts bars, gay bars, and the state of Indiana.

Here's the problem though...he's a choke artist. If he was able to handle pressure he would have a ring by now. He couldn't have gotten a more ideal situation than he had last season. They went 14-2 last season. The media claimed we were about to see football heaven. When the colts played and won it was as if the gates of heaven were opened and the true light of God himself shone down on earth (and Peyton manning and the colts) as he smiled at his most perfect NFL football creation since Tom Brady and the patriots (who last year were "so last year"). He trounced all takers includin the Steelers. They earned themselves home field advantage and a bye week to rest before their game against the AFC North wildcard victor. This came to be the Pittsburgh Steelers. The colts and colts fans treated this as not a big deal since they had crushed the Steelers during the regular season. Problem though, yes Ben was hurt during the regular season and yes the Steelers were the underdog seat goin into the game (I'll admit I was nervous as hell that Sunday), but the Steelers though came on strong and used the momentum gained off their win over the bengals to plow into Indy. They took nothin for granted and had the inspiration of wantin to take the BUS home. But I diverge, this is about Peyton.

Someone clarify for me if I get this wrong. Recently I was informed by a fellow Steelers fan that I work wit that Peyton Manning has a track record of losin big games. Either high school or college he was twice in the position to win a championship for his team in that team's respective conference/league. Twice he lost those games. Now it can be argued that one man does not lose a game of a team sport. But if the man is able to play the game at such a high caliber and is put in such a situation to succeed multiple times and misses, then it should be a reflection upon his psychological playin ability in such situations (ie: high pressure, high stakes games). Back then and today, he most likely was surrounded wit a high caliber team to make it as far as they had. But everyone will agree that the quarterback of a team is like a field leader in a battle. I guess a leutinent (sp) or such to put it into a military aspect. Either way he is the leader on the field for the team. He is the final person to make a decision for a play and he receives the ball first in order to instigate a big play or not. How he reacts and decides during a play affects his whole team when it comes down to movin the ball and the chains downfield. If he can't react right then nothin happens. We saw this most recently when the Steelers beat the colts in the playoffs last year. Peyton was sacked 5 Times!! No quarterback that is touted to be that good should be havin his ass pushed to the turf in the backfield so often. The Steelers even gave back a chance to the colts wit Bettis' fumble. But that choke artist mentality was carried over into other members of the team as evidenced by missin what was thought to be a long but not so hard kick to make especially due to the fact that it was in a dome. Time and time again Peyton has choked. To me it would seem that he had his best chance at a title last year. He had a good runnin game and a good passin game. Now wit Edge James gone the runnin game is not assured and the colts have become a one-dimensional team...and even the ravens can beat that.

Tony Dungy: After last year was also revered as a great coach in the NFL and after his son committed suicide it was thought that his team would use that as motivation to win it all for him. He is the General of the team (more military terms) and is the leader of how the whole battle should go down. This has been a multiple time for him to go for a title. He had a chance buildin up in Tampa Bay too. He lost that opportunity. What happened after he left? The bucs went and won a title. It was his team, but he was replaced/resigned for not bein able to manage and handle his team well enough in those high pressure situations and another coach won wit his team. Again last year it was the same thing. Instead of ridin the momentum he instead collapsed under the weight. When you have two high profile men managin a team that can not handle the high pressure then you have almost no possibility of success. We know Edge has the drive. We heard he was gettin the cards in gear wantin to be strong. You know he wanted a title. I'll bet you anythin if the colts had gotten a title he would not have left. People chide him for just goin after the big money and leavin the more "playoff potential team." But when you look at it through his eyes he too most likely saw last year as his best opportunity to win a title. He saw how Dungy and Manning handled the situations against a 6th seed team. I mean, he went to the cardinals, what does that tell you? He feels he has a better chance buildin a team around him bein a leader than tryin to win under two leaders who cannot lead.

The colts media darling syndrome will fade by the end of this year.....soon to be replaced by the bengals and their "come from nowhere underdog story."

The Steelers, counted out as always, will still have to fight and remain strong on and off the field to remain on top of the game in the league. But as always we see the power shiftin in the game from one team to another. Let's just hope Ben heals to full strength and Carson does too. I don't want no excuses.

BuFu

Edit: Just a side note. I've seen some posts and words of other teams' fans that believe that the city of Pittsburgh and the Steelers fans have some sort of homo-erotic obsession with Ben since he became our quarterback, yet no one has pointed out that the colts fans are the ultimate in such an obsession with their thoughts on Peyton, even the media has such a complex....another sign of America gettin dumber and the comin apocolypse.

blackvelvet
06-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Sorry but I'm so tired of Peyton Manning and the Colts and I just smile everytime I think about Joey Porter sacking him twice at the end of that game to drop the almighty Golden Boy's playoff record to 3-6.

I have a picture of that as my screensaver still.

HometownGal
06-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Sorry but I'm so tired of Peyton Manning and the Colts and I just smile everytime I think about Joey Porter sacking him twice at the end of that game to drop the almighty Golden Boy's playoff record to 3-6.

I have all of the playoff games on DVD's and the one I watch most often is the Dolts game just so I can see the fear in Gheyton's eyes when he sees Peezy coming in for the kill and realizing that he's screwed. That "I'm going to shart my pants" look is priceless. :sofunny:

CantStop85
06-29-2006, 09:05 PM
I think the Colts missed their best opportunity last year. I think they're over the hill in terms of success.

Lyn
06-29-2006, 09:38 PM
I think the Colts missed their best opportunity last year. I think they're over the hill in terms of success.

They could not win playing on rival's turf (NE) but I thought they would win it on their own turf...that was before we all knew they would be facing the Steelers. It was a grand ole year for US!~! :)

Lyn
06-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Gotta admit though that new commerical of Peyton Manning & company is PRICELESS!~

I wonder how much he got for that one?

RoethlisBURGHer
06-30-2006, 11:25 AM
I hate the Manning & Co.

I hate Archie,Peyton,and ELIsha

The only Dolt I like is Tony Dungy,and unfortunatly he now takes the title of "Coach That Can't Win The Big Game".

The media can keep labeling them the team to beat.They couldn't win it all with Edge,they won't win it all without him either.Just blitz Manning,he'll crack under the pressure.

THE MANNINGS ARE THE EPITOMY OF THE SKIRT WEARING QUARTERBACKS.

ARKIESTEEL
06-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the last 4 years of being a Patriots fan - even if you guys were to repeat it doesn't matter - the Colts are still the team to beat.

If you keeping calling it, I guess you are going to be right sooner or later.

They have been regular season giants for a few years now, without the Edge I dont think they will even dominate their division.

NM

Now hang on they love you all the 2nd best with Tom Brady doing the coin flip at my SB. With all the greats out there that could have done it they let golden boy #2 do it!!
I would have let Saddam Insane do it first. Why not Harris he played for both teams that would have been better

RoethlisBURGHer
06-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Now hang on they love you all the 2nd best with Tom Brady doing the coin flip at my SB. With all the greats out there that could have done it they let golden boy #2 do it!!
I would have let Saddam Insane do it first. Why not Harris he played for both teams that would have been better

I think they shoulda just chosen a neutral legend to do the coin flip.That wouldn't have pissed anyone off.

And after Franco came out waving the Terrible Towel,everyone knew who's side he was on.

Livinginthe past
06-30-2006, 12:02 PM

I think you'll find they should 'love us the 1st best' - seeing as we have won 3 SB's in the salary cap era - no-one comes close to matching our success.

I will admit the Tom Brady selection was a puzzler - maybe there was a clause in the previous CBA that the best QB in the league had to play some part in the Superbowl..who knows.

NM

tony hipchest
06-30-2006, 12:10 PM
i heard he scuffed his thumbnail during the flip and was pretty peeved. he refused to participate in the pre game ceremonies ever again.

HburgXL06
06-30-2006, 12:30 PM
And after Franco came out waving the Terrible Towel,everyone knew who's side he was on.

I think he did that on purpose so that everyone there knew that he was there to represent the Steelers and not the seahawks. He only played wit them for one year anyway. Anyone who knows sports will tell you that Franco Harris was great and became great in Pittsburgh.

BuFu

SteelerFanInCA
06-30-2006, 12:35 PM
I think he did that on purpose so that everyone there knew that he was there to represent the Steelers and not the seahawks. He only played wit them for one year anyway. Anyone who knows sports will tell you that Franco Harris was great and became great in Pittsburgh.

BuFu
Saying Franco played in Seattle is like saying they made a "Rocky 5".

Livinginthe past
06-30-2006, 01:05 PM
i heard he scuffed his thumbnail during the flip and was pretty peeved. he refused to participate in the pre game ceremonies ever again.

The Patriots now set by 5% of the salary cap for a manicurist to avoid similar problems in the future.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
06-30-2006, 01:08 PM
The Patriots now set by 5% of the salary cap for a manicurist to avoid similar problems in the future.

NM

Hey I couldn't blame Pats if they did that. Those are some pretty important hands to keep in top shape.

SteelerFanInCA
06-30-2006, 01:24 PM
When The Colts lost James, they not only lost a great runner but an excellent pass blocker as well. I'm not sure if Rhodes or their draft pick can step up and fulfill the same pass blocking role. There were quite a number of occasions when James pass blocking ability allowed Manning to have more time in the pocket.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Carolina is a legit contender in the NFC.
DeAngelo Williams was a great first round pick for them and as much as I hate "Meshawn" Johnson he definately will take some pressure off of Steve Smith.

I think the NFC is a toss up between the Giants and the Panthers.

They said the same about the bears...and it was VERY evident that they were a second rate team when we spanked them while several of our starters were hurt...The NFC is SO weak that it is easy to think that their average teams could play with Good teams

Ambridge
06-30-2006, 03:27 PM
They said the same about the bears...and it was VERY evident that they were a second rate team when we spanked them while several of our starters were hurt...The NFC is SO weak that it is easy to think that their average teams could play with Good teams

The Bears and the Panthers are two very different teams.
The biggest difference being that Carolina has Jake Delhomme....a pretty good QB who already has lead his team to a Superbowl-vs-The Bears QB Tandem of Rex"I'm always injured"Grossman and Kyle"They wont let me throw the football" Orton.

Had Carolina not lost Deshawn Foster the week before the Seattle playoff game and Nick Goings getting knocked out by Lofa Tatupu in the NFC Championship game the Steelers could have very easily had played the Panthers in the Superbowl.

Sure the NFC has played some bad football the past few seasons but they have shown some signs of improvement.
The NFC East is arguably the toughest division in the league (right now)with the NFC South right behind them.
:cool: