PDA

View Full Version : short interview in usa today with hines

truesteelerfan
01-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Hines Ward talks future, losing to Tebow, Ravens' success

Steelers WR Hines Ward insists he didn't jog off an NFL field for the final time Sunday in Denver.CAPTIONBy Chris Schneider, AP
On losing to the Broncos and QB Tim Tebow in the wild-card round:

"I still feel like I'm a part of a Tebow reality series seems like. That's all they played (Broncos highlights) all week long," said Ward. "We got a little dosage of the Tebowmania I guess."

If watching the Patriots blow out the Broncos on Saturday made it tougher to take the Steelers' loss:

"Yeah, it's definitely worse," laughed Ward. "We had an opportunity, but we fell short of that."

On watching the success of the archrival Ravens:

"Much respect, much love for those guys," he said. "The respect factor's there. And I'm always glad to see Ray-Ray (Lewis) doin' his thing. Of course, I'm a big fan."

Despite this summer's opinion from Steelers OLB LaMarr Woodley to the contrary, can Baltimore QB Joe Flacco take the Ravens all the way?

"Joe can win. He has to play a great game against the Patriots, but he can win. He's a winner," said Ward. "(But) it's gonna be tough beating New England up in New England."

Finally, could Ward see himself in another uniform if the Steelers don't bring him back in 2012?

"I don't know, I haven't really thought about that situation to be honest with you," he said. "I'm a Pittsburgh Steeler for life, and I plan on being there. But I haven't thought about the hypothetical thing, 'What if?' It's just not the mindset."

Ward, 35, has two years left on his contract and finished 2011 with 1,000 career receptions. But his 46 catches for 381 yards and two TDs in 2011 represented one of his least-productive seasons as he dropped on Pittsburgh's depth chart.