PDA

View Full Version : Sad news

Bayz101
01-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Mike Tomlin's father, Ed, died of a heart attack Monday, and Running back coach Kirby Wilson remains in critical condition after suffering burns over 45% of his body, and having smoke inhalation injuries on top of that.

It's a sad day in Pittsburgh, please pray and wish well for both the Kirby family, and the Tomlin family.

StainlessStill
01-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Sympathies go out to Coach T and his family as well as Coach Wilson and his!

FanSince72
01-17-2012, 05:15 PM
I'll keep a good thought for all.

tony hipchest
01-17-2012, 05:20 PM
what a bummer. i was hoping for a more postive outlook and news for coach kirby. condolences to coach tomlin and his family.

it seems in a year of distractions, injuries, fines, suspensions, tragedy, and even death, it just wasnt meant to be the steelers year.

TRH
01-17-2012, 05:33 PM
wow...that sucks.
Was it a sudden thing in the case of Tomlin's dad?

As for Kirby, it seems much worse than originally thought....at this point i'm wondering if he's even going to make it through.
As said above....with these things plus all the injuries....it just wasn't Pittsburgh's year.

Here's to next year...its going to be better (it has to)

Atlanta Dan
01-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Whether it happens suddenly or slowly, the loss of a parent may be a natural part of life but it is still heartbreaking

Condolences to Coach Tomlin and his family

Deserei90
01-17-2012, 05:48 PM
My thoughts and Prayers are with Mike Tomlin and his family. I recently lost my Father last week too. Stay Strong Coach T.

TRH
01-17-2012, 05:55 PM
according to the Ocala news he collapsed after a day of fishing while talking to his brother. From the article, he sounded like a good man.
Best wishes to Coach Tomlin.

SoCalFan
01-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Terrible news! I wonder how old Tomlins dad was? Wishing Kirby pulls through and gets back to his dream job some day!

stb_steeler
01-17-2012, 08:00 PM
My thoughts and Prayers are with Mike Tomlin and his family. I recently lost my Father last week too. Stay Strong Coach T.

Sorry for your loss Deserei... my deepest condolences to you and the Tomlin family.
WOW.....what a year this is for the whole Steeler Nation.

BKAnthem
01-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Wow...RIP Mr Tomlin..

60_MINUTES
01-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Very sad news... It doest matter how old or young you are.. losing a Parent is one of the hardest things people go through...

GMU Steeler
01-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Terrible news. Condolences to Mike and the whole Tomlin family.

zcoop
01-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Very sad news indeed, God bless the Tomlin and Wilson families.

tanda10506
01-17-2012, 08:58 PM
In my original post about Kirby's burn I had said I was very surprised that the doctors said he was not in danger of losing his life. I'm pretty knowledgeable about burns and when you get 30% of your body burnt 3rd or 4th degree, it's less than 50/50 that you will live. He's getting great care I'm sure and we all are praying for him, I hope he pulls through and I think he has a good chance, but it was irresponsible for them to say he was not in danger of losing his life. Our prayers are with the Tomlin and Wilson family!

steeltheone
01-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Good luck Coach Kirby....God Bless Tomlins...

Bayz101
01-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Sorry for my lack of information. Mr. Ed Tomlin died suddenly of an apparent heart attack while chatting with his brother, Michael Tomlin, which of whim Mike Tomlin is named after. He was 63 years old, and a NAACP activist and president of the NAACP of Marion county. He sounded like a good man.

As for coach Kirby Wilson, he's still in critical condition as said in a recent update, and is scheduled to have three procedures in the next couple of weeks to fix the smoke inhalation damage alone. I'm assuming there'll be skin grafts as well, unless they've already been done. Either way, god bless both families.

tony hipchest
01-17-2012, 10:38 PM
he's still in critical condition as said in a recent update, and is scheduled to have three procedures in the next couple of weeks to fix the smoke inhalation damage alone. .

that is a very disturbing prognosis. if youre a believer in a higher power, now is the time to pray.

good thing is, i cant think of any hospital treatment i'd rather receive than at UPMC. if he suffered these injuries in my town, he would no longer be with us.

Christian Snyder
01-18-2012, 05:58 PM
That's terrbible news. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Tomlin's and the Kirby's.