PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit against R. Bush could be filed by late July.....

DIESELMAN
06-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Jim Trotter, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports Brian Watkins, who represents two investors of New Era Sports and Entertainment, intends to proceed with his lawsuit against New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush and his parents. Watkins claims Bush and his parents defrauded his clients of $300,000 in cash, start-up costs and back rent. Watkins contends that they backed out of an oral agreement in which Bush would have been the primary client of New Era Sports and Entertainment, the fledgling marketing agency whose investors included Michael Michaels and Lloyd Lake. Watkins said he hopes to file the paperwork for a lawsuit by the end of July. Bush's attorney, David Cornwell, told NFL Security in April that Bush was the target of an extortion attempt. Cornwell later said the FBI had opened an investigation into an alleged extortion attempt, but Watkins has said neither he nor his clients have been contacted by the FBI or NFL Security.

MattsMe
06-29-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure, but wouldn't an agreement like that have been illegal under NCAA rules?

MattsMe
06-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Very.

The NCAA would probably brush it under the carpet, but theoretically USC could end up with a no-peat.

So the guy's basically suing him for backing out of an illegal agreement, and it's only an oral agreement at that. Yeah, that'll hold up. :rolleyes:

Not saying I think Reggie's innocent, as all signs would point to just the opposite. Especially when his family was living in a huge house owned by this guy. But I bet it all gets thrown out, or more likely, settled out of court.