PDA

View Full Version : Best AFC Conference Championship games (and blowouts!) of all time

The Pick Six
01-18-2012, 07:57 AM
For a blog I've just started I put together a list of the best title gamesand the biggest Conference Championship blowouts.

As you can guess the Steelers feature quite heavily!

AFC: http://www.the-pick-six.com/2012/01/six-best-afc-championship-games-of-all.html
Blowouts: http://www.the-pick-six.com/2012/01/six-best-conference-championship-game.html

Agree? Disagree?

Fire Arians
01-18-2012, 11:02 AM
colts coming from behind against patriots was a good one.

I'm surprised buffalo vs houston wasn't on there, biggest comeback in NFL history!

jmike
01-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Links don't work for me, just send me to "this page could not be found, go to homepage of pick six?" And from there I was able to see the articles.

Other than that, fun read!

GMU Steeler
01-18-2012, 12:31 PM

I'm surprised buffalo vs houston wasn't on there, biggest comeback in NFL history!

I believe that was a divisional playoff game not a conference championship. Could be mistaken. I loved the Indy comeback in 2006. Thought oh here we go the Patriots are going to another SB but then they choked and it was awesome.

Fire Arians
01-18-2012, 12:50 PM
I believe that was a divisional playoff game not a conference championship. Could be mistaken. I loved the Indy comeback in 2006. Thought oh here we go the Patriots are going to another SB but then they choked and it was awesome.

yeah you're right, the bills vs oilers wasn't afc championship, my bad. it was wildcard round now that i think back on it

GMU Steeler
01-18-2012, 01:39 PM
yeah you're right, the bills vs oilers wasn't afc championship, my bad. it was wildcard round now that i think back on it

Crazy game. I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster Bills fans went through in the early 90's.

The Pick Six
01-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Links don't work for me, just send me to "this page could not be found, go to homepage of pick six?" And from there I was able to see the articles.

Other than that, fun read!

You're right it's now fixed.
Thanks for the heads up.

The Pick Six
01-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Crazy game. I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster Bills fans went through in the early 90's.

I don't think that Bills team gets the credit it deserves. The K Gun offense was arguably ahead of its time and Thurman Thomas was a beast.

I will have more Steelers content soon I'm suer but if any of you want to create a list of 6 something or other black and gold let me know.
Perhaps 6 greatest regular season Steeler games, 6 underrated Steelers, 6 greatest Steeler running backs etc.

GMU Steeler
01-18-2012, 02:09 PM
I don't think that Bills team gets the credit it deserves. The K Gun offense was arguably ahead of its time and Thurman Thomas was a beast.

I will have more Steelers content soon I'm suer but if any of you want to create a list of 6 something or other black and gold let me know.
Perhaps 6 greatest regular season Steeler games, 6 underrated Steelers, 6 greatest Steeler running backs etc.

Well Kelly and Thomas I believe are both HoF members but yeah they're remembered for the four consecutive Super Bowl losses but that's also four consecutive Super Bowl appearances too. Your idea sounds like fun. Tough for me since I wasn't around for the 70's dynasty.

therooster45
01-18-2012, 02:21 PM

IDT it was an AFC Championship Game I think it was a divisional playoff game?

The Pick Six
01-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Just want to thank you guys for taking an interest in the lists and talking about your memories. I posted a link on a Broncos site because there are two Denver wins in my AFC top 3 and I was given a lifetime ban!