2. Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
3. Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama
4. Rokevious Watkins, G/T, South Carolina
5. Tank Carder, ILB, TCU
6. Dominique Davis, QB, East Carolina
7. Jeff Demps, RB, Florida

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-18-2012, 08:37 AM
There is no way we are drafting a S with the number one pick especially if a highly talented DL or OL prospect is there, but I do love Mark Barron. Adams will most likely be our #1 just because he will be the best available and fills a need. Adams is raw and very physical and did not give up much sacks at OSU. I LOVE the Chapman pick, I too mocked him, but in the 2nd. Chapman has the ability to be like Hampton, but so much better in the pass rush. He clogs holes up like nothing and is good leader too. Tank Carder is very raw and at times shows why might go in the later rounds. His tackling ability isn't fully there and at times can not fight off blocks. But if he goes to the Steelers all of those negatives will go away. He can play ILB and OLB which is very good for this team because they like versatility. Not too sure on the Davis pick just because we have 3 FA QB's this off-season and most likely one of them will be back maybe 2 and Davis was in the same system Case Keenum was in, their numbers looked amazing because their teams always always always threw the ball. Jeff Demps will not be going into the draft because he wants to run track nationally. But even if he were to he would not take him because we will not draft another RB in consecutive 7th rounds. Baron Batch is our speedster for next season. Great Mock though!

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-18-2012, 08:52 AM
There is no way we are drafting a S with the number one pick especially if a highly talented DL or OL prospect is there, but I do love Mark Barron. Adams will most likely be our #1 just because he will be the best available and fills a need. Adams is raw and very physical and did not give up much sacks at OSU. I LOVE the Chapman pick, I too mocked him, but in the 2nd. Chapman has the ability to be like Hampton, but so much better in the pass rush. He clogs holes up like nothing and is good leader too. Tank Carder is very raw and at times shows why might go in the later rounds. His tackling ability isn't fully there and at times can not fight off blocks. But if he goes to the Steelers all of those negatives will go away. He can play ILB and OLB which is very good for this team because they like versatility. Not too sure on the Davis pick just because we have 3 FA QB's this off-season and most likely one of them will be back maybe 2 and Davis was in the same system Case Keenum was in, their numbers looked amazing because their teams always always always threw the ball. Jeff Demps will not be going into the draft because he wants to run track nationally. But even if he were to he would not take him because we will not draft another RB in consecutive 7th rounds. Baron Batch is our speedster for next season. Great Mock though!

No one thought we would have drafted Cam Heyward in the first round last year but we did and last year the draft was full of great corners in the first 2 rounds but we still got great players with Brown and Allen alot of players fall that u dont expect to fall...if you look at history the Steelers Always have a draft that will make you scratch your head and think it was a bad draft but it ends up making the team even better...and BTW is it Jeff Demps Are Chris Rainey from Florida that is doing track but either would be great i think they could both be darren sproles type players

Bayz101
01-18-2012, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted Barron in round one, but I would be surprised if Adams is available for the second.

pete74
01-18-2012, 01:13 PM
exactly, nobody can say we wont take a S, NT or a LB'er in the 1st because the Steelers dont follow the same plan we do. there not going to reach and will take the best player to fill one of there many needs.

therooster45
01-19-2012, 08:40 AM
If I were in charge of the picks i would in no order get a NT and all the rest would be devoted to Oline and offense. Defense does not win crap anymore too many rules that favor offense like everything else the NFL is catering to the rich who havent a clue about tradition. So I would build a great offense but I would trade my 1st pick to get a replacement for B A and a 2nd pick to replace Tomlin the bumbling idiot. But I know IT IS WHAT IT IS

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-19-2012, 08:49 AM
If I were in charge of the picks i would in no order get a NT and all the rest would be devoted to Oline and offense. Defense does not win crap anymore too many rules that favor offense like everything else the NFL is catering to the rich who havent a clue about tradition. So I would build a great offense but I would trade my 1st pick to get a replacement for B A and a 2nd pick to replace Tomlin the bumbling idiot. But I know IT IS WHAT IT IS

I'm glad your not the steelers GM... SMH

Christian Snyder
01-19-2012, 05:56 PM
I can't figure out if that smell is your post or if the local farmer is spreading human crap again.

ricardisimo
01-19-2012, 07:26 PM
exactly, nobody can say we wont take a S, NT or a LB'er in the 1st because the Steelers dont follow the same plan we do. there not going to reach and will take the best player to fill one of there many needs.
BPA is the formula, but it's almost never informative, but rather hindsight. Other than Pouncey, who both filled a need and was BPA, none of Colbert/Tomlin's 1st round picks were predicted accurately by anyone that I ever read.

Still, I think there are some patterns to Colbert, and one that I have made out is that he never drafts defense in back-to-back years. We will not be getting an ILB, SS or NT in the 1st this year. G (or C/G) or OT. That's about all I can see us taking.

BengalDestroyer
01-28-2012, 07:04 AM
1. Mark Barron, S, Alabama
2. Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
3. Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama
4. Rokevious Watkins, G/T, South Carolina
5. Tank Carder, ILB, TCU
6. Dominique Davis, QB, East Carolina
7. Jeff Demps, RB, Florida

I like this mock, Demps however won't be playing football, grab a kicker in the seventh...we're getting compensatory picks too....