PDA

View Full Version : Kirby Wilson

SteelCity'33
01-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Any updates on his condition? Latest I heard he had burns over 45% of his body and in critical condition.

Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

TRH
01-19-2012, 07:32 AM
initially it was reported that although serious, he'd be OK. Now it appears that they're "hoping" he recovers as he took a turn for the worse. It doesn't look good. He's also had problems attributed to massive smoke inhalation.

tony hipchest
01-19-2012, 09:13 AM
from what i understand, he is still in a medically induced coma, and in critical condition. he is going to need 3 operations just to address the smoke inhalation damage, and then possible skin grafts as well.

in the cases of burn victims of his nature, it is the inhalation damage that is usually the most (i hate to say) deadly.

BKAnthem
01-19-2012, 01:34 PM
I just hope he makes it....

Bayz101
01-19-2012, 02:14 PM
He is still in a medically induced coma, and has made it through one surgical procedure to fix damage caused by smoke inhalation. He's scheduled to go through yet another surgery sometime next week, and Tomlin told the group that the doctors said he'd be strong enough to get through them.

"He had surgery (Jan. 9), the first of many," running back Isaac Redman said. "Coach (Mike) Tomlin talked to us and said that he was strong enough to get through surgery. That's a good thing."

--As of Jan. 11, Steelers running backs coach Kirby Wilson continued to lie in an induced coma in a Pittsburgh hospital after he was badly burned in a fire early on Jan. 6. Wilson, in his fifth season with the Steelers, may not be fully recovered in time for the 2012 season.

He is expected to go through one more surgery in a medically induced coma, and skin graft procedures soon after. It is stated that he may not be fully recovered by the 2012 season, but right now we're just hoping he comes out of this alive.

SteelCity'33
01-21-2012, 09:06 AM
God bless and Godspeed Kirby....