PDA

View Full Version : RG III to pittsburgh

BlaZeQuietly
01-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Who here thinks it would be a good idea to trade for a number 1 pick and take robert griffen?

Christian Snyder
01-19-2012, 05:32 PM
What exactly do we need a QB for? We already have a franchise QB in Big Ben. Besides RGIII is probably identical to Randall Cunningham, and we don't need a QB like that.

BlaZeQuietly
01-19-2012, 05:42 PM
So that when big ben has a sprained ankle we have enough faith in someone else to go out there and do the job! that way we dont let him reagervate an injury twice so that he can barely walk come play off time.

Christian Snyder
01-19-2012, 05:49 PM
So that when big ben has a sprained ankle we have enough faith in someone else to go out there and do the job! that way we dont let him reagervate an injury twice so that he can barely walk come play off time.
RGIII is going to want to start, not rot on the bench like Dennis Dixon. What we need to do is either start using our backups, or draft someone who is just thankful to have been drafted. We shouldn't waste any of our top 4 picks on QB's anyway when we have other much more important voids to fill.

Atlanta Dan
01-19-2012, 06:00 PM
After the Colts cut Peyton he is coming to Pittsburgh to back up Ben for league minimum salary - no need for Griffin:thumbsup:

But assuming that does not happen, please walk me through what the Steelers give up to trade up to select Griffin and how they fit a top 5 pick under their salary cap?

Bayz101
01-19-2012, 06:02 PM
I think it's a terrible idea, to be quite honest. Not flaming, just my opinion.

:hatsoff:

steelersfan77
01-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Hmm, nope, ain't happening.

I'll say this though, after what we've seen lately it doesn't appear to be a bad thing to bring in your team's successor earlier than usual. It really never used to be that way. Man, I'm talking about taking that top first round draft pick and use it on a QB even though he may not get to start right away. Do this when you know your franchise QB is on the way down.

When he's on his way down......cause that ain't Big Ben. He's just getting into his prime. A couple more superbowl victories are still there to be had for this young man. Let's go get 'em!

AgentGold007
01-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Who here thinks it would be a good idea to trade for a number 1 pick and take robert griffen?

Seriously? You'd have to move ahead of Cleveland. Do you know how much you'd have to give up to make a move up that far? Probably a 1st and 3rd this year and maybe another draft pick next year on top of that. No thanks, I'll pass (pardon the pun)

stb_steeler
01-19-2012, 06:44 PM
After the Colts cut Peyton he is coming to Pittsburgh to back up Ben for league minimum salary - no need for Griffin:thumbsup:

But assuming that does not happen, please walk me through what the Steelers give up to trade up to select Griffin and how they fit a top 5 pick under their salary cap?

We'll have to get back with Rob Lowe on this one....since he tweeted the rumor of Manning

realdeal
01-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Is Blazequietly 5 years old? What a lame thread and so damn unrealistic!!

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-19-2012, 08:56 PM
That is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. You know what lets trade for Peyton Manning and make him the 3rd string QB too. And trade for Luck to be the QB of the future lol. Wow

Fire Arians
01-19-2012, 08:56 PM

yeah man agree 100%, i would also like to take vontaze and poe in the 7th round.