PDA

View Full Version : Ben's agent on Rooney's comments

Bayz101
01-19-2012, 07:08 PM
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fcbspittsburgh.files.word press.com%2F2012%2F01%2Fryan-tollner-1-17.mp3&podcast_name=Ryan+Tollner&podcast_artist=93.7+The+FAN&station_id=&audio_link=true&config_file=config.xml&dcid=CBS.PITTS

Atlanta Dan
01-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the link

Ben does intend to play in the Pro Bowl as a "consolation prize" for not playing in the Super Bowl and to not "let down" everyone he is taking to Hawaii with him

That is f***ing selfish - rehab the damn ankle rather than play another game on it until next summer - you made $10 million this year - do you really need a free flight to Hawaii in order to reward your teammates and coaches with a trip on your nickel - how does playing in Hawaii advance your alleged goal of winning championships?

Bayz101
01-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the link

Ben does intend to play in the Pro Bowl as a "consolation prize" for not playing in the Super Bowl and to not "let down" everyone he is taking to Hawaii with him

That is f***ing selfish - rehab the damn ankle rather than play another game on it until next summer - you made $10 million this year - do you really need a free flight to Hawaii in order to reward your teammates and coaches with a trip on your nickel - how does playing in Hawaii advance your alleged goal of winning championships?

Glad to post it.

In Ben's defense, there's no QB pressure in the Pro-Bowl :hunch:

It takes 4-6 weeks for a high ankle sprain to heal, and before the Denver game he claimed to be at about 50%, and he was feeling fine after. He's been resting for a couple weeks now, and he'll rest for at least another couple weeks.

Playing this one isn't going to hurt him, and he's taking three lineman, Arians and his Wife. So i'm not at all upset with this decision to play, if he's there, he's earned it.

Edit: If it is indeed a high-ankle sprain, it should be fully healed, but sore, by the time the Pro-Bowl gets here.

TRH
01-19-2012, 07:33 PM
i don't have a problem with his agent's comments. He's going to enjoy the trip, as he should, and take it easy. Hell, you could make a case for everyone going. It's not a demanding game.
He also sounds very thankful for support from the fans and peers.

No problem here whatsoever. Hope he enjoys his trip.

Bayz101
01-19-2012, 07:35 PM
i don't have a problem with his agent's comments. He's going to enjoy the trip, as he should, and take it easy. Hell, you could make a case for everyone going. It's not a demanding game.
He also sounds very thankful for support from the fans and peers.

No problem here whatsoever. Hope he enjoys his trip.

He'll be accompanied by none other than Troy, Antonio, Mike W and more, so it'll be an interesting game to watch :chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
01-19-2012, 07:48 PM

Which is why so many players annually beg out of it due to "injuries"?

There is no way that ankle is healed - as for taking it easy, a Georgia running back was taking it easy when he ended his career at a Pro Bowl flag football game

ROBERT EDWARDS couldn't immediately perceive what had happened to him as he lay on Waikiki Beach days before the Pro Bowl after the 1998 season. Seconds earlier he had been living his dream. The New England Patriots had drafted him 18th overall out of Georgia that year, and he'd rushed for 1,115 yards. That earned him an invitation to Hawaii to play in a beach four-on-four flag football game with other top rookies, including Peyton Manning. But as he leaped to defend a pass, Edwards landed awkwardly. He felt no pain at first as he lay crumpled on the white sand. All he knew was that something was very wrong with his left leg. It was the sensation of his dream dying.

The pain began in the ambulance on his way to Honolulu's Straub Clinic & Hospital—excruciating pain, "like dislocating your finger, times 50," Edwards would later say—but even that did not compare to the agony that overwhelmed him when he awoke from surgery that night. That's when he learned that he'd suffered what Georgia's Director of Sports Medicine, Ron Courson, who treated Edwards during his rehab, calls "the worst knee injury I've ever seen."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1141818/index.htm

I just fail to see why you set your rehab back by playing in a joke game like the Pro Bowl:noidea:

Bayz101
01-19-2012, 07:56 PM
He'll play one drive, at most. There will not be any rushing the quarterback. He has more of a chance of hurting himself when sneezing then he does playing in this game. No, really, people have broken ribs when sneezing.

It's different when your a runningback. Your running towards defenders.

He'll be fine.

Bayz101
01-19-2012, 07:57 PM
By the way, I agree, the Pro-Bowl IS a joke. Regular season games gather better ratings.

Atlanta Dan
01-19-2012, 08:37 PM
By way of instructive comparison, Troy is not playing in Hawaii

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/01/troy-polamalu-will-not-play-in-pro-bowl-replaced-by-broncos-s-brian-dawkins/

Bayz101
01-19-2012, 08:44 PM
By way of instructive comparison, Troy is not playing in Hawaii

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/01/troy-polamalu-will-not-play-in-pro-bowl-replaced-by-broncos-s-brian-dawkins/

Troy's nursing his left Achilles, and he's a strong safety. He runs from one side of the field to another several times a game. It's a much different scenario...

Atlanta Dan
01-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Troy's nursing his left Achilles, and he's a strong safety. He runs from one side of the field to another several times a game. It's a much different scenario...

But I thought it was not a demanding game for anyone?:noidea::chuckle:

Bayz101
01-19-2012, 08:57 PM
But I thought it was not a demanding game for anyone?:noidea::chuckle:

Let's face it, Ben's not going to be in the Pro-Bowl very many times. He's a great QB, but these Goodell-Pass heavy offenses are getting their QB's 5,000 yards a year, and this years been a testament to that. Ben's not that kind of QB.

He needs to enjoy himself. Troy's sitting this thing out because, most likely, he'll be there next year. When voters see SS they think of him, and he'll likely make a couple more, regardless of his play on the field.

Atlanta Dan
01-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Let's face it, Ben's not going to be in the Pro-Bowl very many times. He's a great QB, but these Goodell-Pass heavy offenses are getting their QB's 5,000 yards a year, and this years been a testament to that. Ben's not that kind of QB.

He needs to enjoy himself. Troy's sitting this thing out because, most likely, he'll be there next year. When voters see SS they think of him, and he'll likely make a couple more, regardless of his play on the field.

But why does he even care if he plays in the f**cking Pro Bowl - you think anyone remembers whether Bradshaw, Stabler or Staubach played in the most Pro Bowls

Bayz101
01-19-2012, 09:05 PM
But why does he even care if he plays in the f**cking Pro Bowl - you think anyone remembers whether Bradshaw, Stabler or Staubach played in the most Pro Bowls

Maybe he thinks he'll enjoy it :thumbsup:

He's excited about getting to throw to his team mates, and they've been excited about him being their to throw to them.

I really don't see the problem here...

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-19-2012, 10:11 PM

Maybe he just wants to have fun? Is that okay with you? Does his agent need to run the request chit by your office first?

This is Ben's offseason and his time off. Let him spend it how he wants as long as he is not banging drunk wh0r3s in the bathroom or cruising around on a Suzuki Haybusa without a hat.

Some of yall forget that these guys are more than just fantasy stat generators for you to brag about on Monday morning. They have lives as well.

Ricco Suavez
01-19-2012, 10:19 PM
I hate the Pro Bowl. Can't say the last time I even tuned it in. I know that it is a great honor and since Ben is not a regular (and won't be as long as Brady, Peyton, and to a certain extent Rivers are in the league) I have no problem that he is attending. If he was able to play in the playoffs and will have three weeks since he last played he should be ok. He has a lot of time to let this heal completely in the off season. As far as injuries they can happen anytime, you can't hide in your home since most know that the majorities of accidents happen at home.

Ricco Suavez
01-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Just finished listening to the interview, the thing I took from it is Ben and his agent are willing to rework his contract to help on the cap. I for one think this is encouraging news.

zcoop
01-19-2012, 10:30 PM
I hate the Pro Bowl. Can't say the last time I even tuned it in. I know that it is a great honor and since Ben is not a regular (and won't be as long as Brady, Peyton, and to a certain extent Rivers are in the league) I have no problem that he is attending. If he was able to play in the playoffs and will have three weeks since he last played he should be ok. He has a lot of time to let this heal completely in the off season. As far as injuries they can happen anytime, you can't hide in your home since most know that the majorities of accidents happen at home.

Ditto, if the guy wants to play, let him play in peace and enjoy the comradarie with his peers. Dayum!

60_MINUTES
01-19-2012, 10:57 PM
nothing wrong at all with going to play probowl and have the fans suck up to you make it all about your etc.. hes a qb he wont be touched.. no one goes low or drives any qbs in the ground.. its really turning into a game where the players are going half speed and they throw lots of bombs.. BEN will be fine go have fun

tanda10506
01-20-2012, 03:17 PM

I doubt we will ever be a 5,000 yard team, but with Arians gone the sky is the limit. The way we cut up Tennessee and the Pats with our passing game this year, that can be done against many teams with the right OC. The Pats offensive game plan was perfect, we should have continued to use it until someone could stop it. Niners, Ratbirds, and maybe the Jets, otherwise it works on everybody else. Brady shows us that every year. Not arguing with you, just hoping.

I'm sure Ben is going for fun. It is impossible for me to care any less about the pro bowl but if I had a free trip to Hawaii you bet your ass I'd be going, football related or not. Biggest shock to me is Mike Wallace made the pro bowl. I didn't know you could make the pro bowl for playing half a season!:chuckle:

rich4eagle
01-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the link

nice comment and very dumb, too cool:tt04:

wera176
01-20-2012, 06:39 PM
"I didn't know you could make the pro bowl for playing half a season"

Oh, but it was a helluva half season! :D

Ben should go and enjoy himself, imo. He's earned it...