PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark to change number to 21 if Moore doesnt return

tony hipchest
01-19-2012, 08:47 PM
...in honor of his good late friend sean taylor, he announced on twitter.

damn. talk about pushing mewelde out the door. i wonder if he knows something we dont. (he did say he wants mewelde to stay, but i think that was just backtracking).

harrison'samonster
01-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Yeah, that's kind of harsh talking about a teammate like that when they aren't even gone yet.

stb_steeler
01-19-2012, 09:44 PM
He could of just asked him to trade numbers?

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-19-2012, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't say he is telling Moore to leave and I do believe they will exchange numbers because if Moore doesn't it will make him look like he could give two s**** about the late and fantastic Sean Taylor.

60_MINUTES
01-19-2012, 10:40 PM
I think Clark just put his foot in his mouth... I think he pretty much knows moore is not coming back.. however Clark might want to stay in shape.. he is not a very good cover guy and with Todays NFL.. hard hitting Safetys are going out the door.. he might wear 21 but I dont expect it to be for very long.. its time for an upgrade IMO

60_MINUTES
01-19-2012, 10:41 PM
saying that I do like Clark and hes been a good player for us.. but I think we need to go more athletic at the spot. sorry Ryan but I would replace you with a solid Corner who can tackle

Pentheon
01-19-2012, 10:43 PM
well there goes my ryan clark jersey :(

damnit

GMU Steeler
01-19-2012, 10:49 PM
saying that I do like Clark and hes been a good player for us.. but I think we need to go more athletic at the spot. sorry Ryan but I would replace you with a solid Corner who can tackle

Uh why would you replace Clark with a corner? He's a safety. Anyhow I think we look for Clark's replacement in this draft. Mundy seems to be a spot/ST guy and Will Allen is probably gone soon anyhow.

steeltheone
01-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Maybe Clark outta worry about his spot on the roster!

DanRooney
01-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Uh why would you replace Clark with a corner? He's a safety. Anyhow I think we look for Clark's replacement in this draft. Mundy seems to be a spot/ST guy and Will Allen is probably gone soon anyhow.

I guess you never heard of Rod Woodson? :thumbsup:

When good corners lose the speed needed at the corner position they often transition to safety.

60_MINUTES
01-19-2012, 11:09 PM

I posted a thread last week about what I think NFL teams or better yet the Steelers should be the first to counter the new NFL... without going into Detail.. its a passing league.. no one hardly runs.. hard hitting run stopping Safetys I think are going out the league.. everyone has TE that can run like 3rd WR now.. so to counter I thnk the Steelers and other Teams will evolve into having Corners on the field.. the days of john lynch type players i think are over.. I say replace the lynch.. clark, rodney harrison types with a Corner that can also tackle a bit.. use a guy like kennen Lewis who maybe an average corner nickel type guy.. but yet you put him at fs and he would be one of the best cover FS in the league.. Im not saying put little wuzzy corners back there that cant tackle at all...

Of course it would be nice to just have two troys back there... someone that can hit like a truck and run like a deer.. however HOF safetys like troy dont grow on trees..

anyway IMO the D has to change.. why let someone else do it first and become the genius.. why not make it our steelers to make this move... if teams adjust and bring big TE's back and power formations then youll see the big slow run stopping S come back...

by the way I know we did something similar against the pats this year with playing 5 DB back there etc... same thing rex ryan did to them... Im talking about our Base D.. getting rid of the run stop saftey all the way

one last note..I love the Steelers bud just like you.. I would think any idiot like us that sits around off and on and chats on a chat board about the steelers would no where they play.. Hell man I keep up with our practice squad movement.. theres not a day that goes by I dont check every site and everything about the Steelers... Im pretty sure we all know Clark is a S..:coffee::coffee:

Bayz101
01-20-2012, 12:24 AM
Chances are we'll pick up Mark Barron in this years draft, and he's a Saftey.

PhantomJB93
01-20-2012, 01:22 AM

I would hardly say "chances are," but he would be a nice addition.

MasterOfPuppets
01-20-2012, 01:28 AM
...in honor of his good late friend sean taylor, he announced on twitter.

damn. talk about pushing mewelde out the door. i wonder if he knows something we dont. (he did say he wants mewelde to stay, but i think that was just backtracking).
lol...thats like hovering over a sick family members hospital bed and saying " i want his car "..:sofunny:

tony hipchest
01-20-2012, 01:52 AM
lol...thats like hovering over a sick family members hospital bed and saying " i want his car "..:sofunny:

HA! no doubt! perfect analogy. (clarks been wanting that # for years).

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-20-2012, 08:56 AM

May I ask what your obsession is over us getting Barron? He is going to help Ben stay upright and he can't play on the OL

GMU Steeler
01-20-2012, 11:01 AM
I guess you never heard of Rod Woodson? :thumbsup:

When good corners lose the speed needed at the corner position they often transition to safety.

Yeah but Woodson went from corner to safety didn't he not vice versa? Clark's never been a corner for us. Always the free safety.

DanRooney
01-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Yeah but Woodson went from corner to safety didn't he not vice versa? Clark's never been a corner for us. Always the free safety.

Yeah that's what I thought you were talking about. Did someone hint that Clark should be moved to corner? lol if so.

GMU Steeler
01-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Yeah that's what I thought you were talking about. Did someone hint that Clark should be moved to corner? lol if so.

He said get a real corner who could cover implying that he thought Clark was a corner. That's how I read it at least.

Darthslayrr
01-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Hope does change it to that, for selfish reasons, that is my fan jersey number and that way can get a sewn one that don't cost $300