View Full Version : Time to kick the Old Steelers to the curb

harts
01-19-2012, 11:16 PM
It's a business gentlemen.....

So lets commence with the kicking...

Hines -- SEE YA! :wave:

Keisel -- SEE YA! :wave:

Aaron Smith -- SEE YA! :wave:

Brett keisel -- SEE YA! :wave: - 2nd time (too many keisel fans on the board - he needs to go)

Larry Foote -- SEE YA! :wave: <-- and no return trips granted ..you cant come home for a 3rd time

It is time to go!

You dont have to go home but you cant play for the Steelers in 2012

It seems like Hines is not going to go down Quietly or gracefully,
Hines should have put in his retirement papers as soon as the Denver game ended.

Now we got to cut him and embarrass him.

tony hipchest
01-19-2012, 11:19 PM
so youre getting rid of keisel and brett keisel?

are you also dumping the deisel and dabeard?

Pa Yankee
01-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Dump Keisel???

Op is an idiot.

BKAnthem
01-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Keisel??? Are you crazy???

60_MINUTES
01-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Ward is coming back pal...for the vet min.. but make no mistake about it he will be back... I read somewhere Arron smith is due vet min this year even if we cut him???? anyone know anything about this.. if thats the case I wouldnt be suprized to see him back.. if hes already hitting the cap why not bring him back as a back up... Brett K will restucture..sorry man but I say theres no chance Brett is going anywhere

harts
01-19-2012, 11:34 PM
fans:blah::blah::blah::blah:

look Keisel is old

Keisel is an overachiever - but his best days are behind him and he is gonna turn into another Aaron Smith of the last 2 years,

In essence a wasted roster spot was Aaron Smith and Keisel is the next candidate that the coaching staff could put their hopes on but end up looking like dopes -- as they have in the Aaron Smith situation

When Keisel ran back that Touchdown against Tampa Bay that was the Best he had that year

He is on the decline and the overachiever types deterioate quickly.
Off he goes.

In these new salary cap days we need to be proactive instead of reactive

BTW
Some of you guys dont read well
I KNOW I POSTED Keisel's name twice.
Read it again
Jeez

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-19-2012, 11:35 PM
You Need a Helmet

60_MINUTES
01-19-2012, 11:39 PM

look Keisel is old

Keisel is an overachiever - but his best days are behind him and he is gonna turn into another Aaron Smith of the last 2 years,

In essence a wasted roster spot was Aaron Smith and Keisel is the next candidate that the coaching staff could put their hopes on but end up looking like dopes -- as they have in the Aaron Smith situation

When Keisel ran back that Touchdown against Tampa Bay that was the Best he had that year

Off he goes.

BTW
Read it again
Jeez

I picked up on what you were doing posting him twice and yes your correct his best days are behind him but the guy at a fair price is a very good player for our D.. and a good leader.. at 4 mil a year you got to let him go but for a pay cut he should come back for sure.. the guy can still give you some good hard core stick it to your ass Steeler football..

StainlessStill
01-19-2012, 11:43 PM
LOL. Keisel had one of the best years in a Steelers uniform. He made a HUGE impact when he was on the field and was a force for many offense's to contend with. I think he gave a superb effort. He got after the QB like no other and batted down pass's left and right, something you can't teach.

Ziggy may be used as an off and on d-end AND a NT to spell Hampton, which means Heyward will get some playing time in his second year. This season we will need Keisel the MOST. He's coming off of a SOLID year and should anchor down a very FRESH and young defensive line. He will be our emotional leader up front.

60_MINUTES
01-19-2012, 11:50 PM
LOL. Keisel had one of the best years in a Steelers uniform. He made a HUGE impact when he was on the field and was a force for many offense's to contend with. I think he gave a superb effort. He got after the QB like no other and batted down pass's left and right, something you can't teach.

Ziggy may be used as an off and on d-end AND a NT to spell Hampton, which means Heyward will get some playing time in his second year. This season we will need Keisel the MOST. He's coming off of a SOLID year and should anchor down a very FRESH and young defensive line. He will be our emotional leader up front.

you bring up some valid points,, however I dont expect ziggy to spell hampton..
\
Hampton is a 10 year vet with ACL injury and 6 million or so in salary on a team that is 20 million over... Hampton my friend is gone for sure.. and if he dont rehab his ass off and come in at the best shape of his life he wont even get a shot at vet min...I would say hamptom is out of the league for this coming year and mabye for good

Bayz101
01-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Keisel may be old, but there's no way in hell he's going anywhere. Unlike Ward, Foote and Hampton, Keisel's actually met expectations. If your basing your argument on age purely, it's time for Ben to go to, he's turning 30 :rofl:

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-20-2012, 01:34 AM
Ah yes, we should have expected this-- one bad postseason, and the chumps are out in full force. I know, lets dump the whole team and start over.

Got knee jerk?

jtbsteeler
01-20-2012, 03:17 AM
You Need a Helmet

And a bib.

:tt03:

jtbsteeler
01-20-2012, 03:18 AM
It's a business gentlemen.....

So lets commence with the kicking...

Hines -- SEE YA! :wave:

Keisel -- SEE YA! :wave:

Aaron Smith -- SEE YA! :wave:

Brett keisel -- SEE YA! :wave: - 2nd time (too many keisel fans on the board - he needs to go)

Larry Foote -- SEE YA! :wave: <-- and no return trips granted ..you cant come home for a 3rd time

It is time to go!

You dont have to go home but you cant play for the Steelers in 2012

It seems like Hines is not going to go down Quietly or gracefully,
Hines should have put in his retirement papers as soon as the Denver game ended.

Now we got to cut him and embarrass him.

Where's Farrior's name at on your list? It should be at the top.

DanRooney
01-20-2012, 03:19 AM

look Keisel is old

Off he goes.

BTW
Read it again
Jeez

Aaron Smith was actually playing very well in the first 5 games two years ago before he got injured. You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Quit making generalizations. Keisel was our best player on defense this year imo.

DanRooney
01-20-2012, 03:20 AM
Where's Farrior's name at on your list? It should be at the top.

True :sofunny:

Fire Arians
01-20-2012, 03:28 AM
keisel was arguably our defensive MVP this season, you're smoking rocks man

skinart82
01-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Just plain dumb!

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-20-2012, 09:01 AM
You said Keisel right? Yeah you're dumb. He may not get sacks but he clogs holes up amazingly and allows James Harrison to do his job. Keisel has a lot left in him too...wow

tunes4life
01-20-2012, 09:18 AM
Keisel's not going anywhere. I can see the rest of the cuts except for him. We are going to need him more than ever next year. Smith will be gone most likely and Hampton may be gone as well. We'll probably draft a center in the first three rounds somewhere. Hood may be forced over to center if Hampton is gone, which would bump Heyward up to starter. We will need some veteran leadership on that line. No way they get rid of all 3 of the starting dline guys. Keisel had a pro bowl year. He deserves at least another year or two. He has a lot left in the tank.

steelfury02
01-20-2012, 01:23 PM
You are all forgetting one name: MCFADDEN

Consider:
Smith
Farrior
Foote
Moore
Mendy
Clark
Ward

And if you ask me - if Timmons has the same kind of year next year - it WILL be time to look elsewhere. How much longer does this guy need?

FanSince72
01-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Get rid of Keisel?

Are you nuts?

I mean, who else on this team could even come close to growing a playoff beard like his?

stb_steeler
01-20-2012, 02:51 PM
I said it before and ill say it again.....Thank god the monday morning armchair QB's dont run the team....
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/crestedchris/Green%20Bay%20Packers%20fail/discountdoublechokebelt.jpg

60_MINUTES
01-20-2012, 05:42 PM
You are all forgetting one name: MCFADDEN

Consider:
Smith
Farrior
Foote
Moore
Mendy
Clark
Ward

And if you ask me - if Timmons has the same kind of year next year - it WILL be time to look elsewhere. How much longer does this guy need?

Timmons is in coverage 60 percent of the time.. I dont think he looks really good either but Dick Le.. said Timmons played as good if not better then anyone on the D.. Strong words from Dick

steeltheone
01-20-2012, 05:43 PM
The new Steeler way is to ride players through and past their productivity...This is a change from the Cowher years.

tanda10506
01-20-2012, 06:14 PM
KEISEL!!!!???

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg562/chopperscfl/opdumbass.jpg

Bayz101
01-20-2012, 06:32 PM
KEISEL!!!!???

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg562/chopperscfl/opdumbass.jpg

:rofl:

I'm glad you learnt how to post this :chuckle:

harts
01-21-2012, 06:54 PM
:rofl:

I'm glad you learnt how to post this :chuckle:
We held onto aaron smith too long
now you guys are gonna push for us to hold onto Kiesel too long.

We know he is a fan favorite but when you assess his upside (none because he is on the decline) and his best years WERE as an overachiever.

The decision is simple.
Cut him
Yes he can play next year but it is time for Young Money Defense (Ziggy/Cameron Jordan) to make their money

Fans always want to hold on to these old geezers
Hines Ward
James Farrior
etc etc
IN 2 years or so it will be time for Harrison to go also

We need to be proactive instead of reactive

When we are reactive we get 12-4 and losses to 8-8 teams in the first round of the playoffs

Time for change people

zcoop
01-21-2012, 07:12 PM
I said it before and ill say it again.....Thank god the monday morning armchair QB's dont run the team....
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/crestedchris/Green%20Bay%20Packers%20fail/discountdoublechokebelt.jpg

Exactly, they don't run anything but their mouths.

zcoop
01-21-2012, 07:14 PM
The new Steeler way is to ride players through and past their productivity...This is a change from the Cowher years.

There should be a change. Isn't Cowher gone? Come on Man!