PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent Gs we should be looking at!!!

MDSteel15
01-20-2012, 09:12 AM
1. Carl Nicks, G, Saints. Age: 27
Nicks is arguably the top guard in all of football. He has no weaknesses to his game; his blasts open huge holes for his running back, and he seldom allows a quarterback pressure. He was whistled for only two penalties all year.

2. Kraig Urbik (RFA), G/C, Bills. Age: 26
Kraig Urbik missed some time with a sprained MCL, but didn't permit a single sack in 2011. He played effectively at center once Eric Wood went down. I know we let him slip through our fingers but we saw something in him before so why not now!!!

3. Chad Rinehart (RFA), G, Bills. Age: 27
He did a phenomenal job replacing Andy Levitre when the stud guard had to move around in the wake of injuries to Eric Wood and Demetrius Bell. Rinehart didn't allow a single sack.

pete74
01-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Nicks is out. as much as i would love to have him we cant afford it. Urbik can start in place of either of our guards. i have no clue why we cut him, i would take him over Kemo anyday.

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-20-2012, 03:22 PM
There is no chance as much as I would love it, but we can't afford Nicks, he is one of the best OG's in the league and will want big bucks. Urbik didn't prove much when we drafted him, but developed into a decent OG when he was on the Bills, I do see the Bills resigning him because the Bills need him more than we do and they have more money to give him. Chad Reinhart may be the odd man out on the Bills OL and we may give some thought in signing him. But I really think that the Steelers will give some serious thought about drafting an OG in the 1st or 2nd RD. Our line looks pretty solid next year if we can get fully healthy. With rumors of Gilbert moving to LT our line looks like LT-Gilbert, LG-None, C-Pouncey, RG-Foster (played very well this season), RT-Colon and we would have Legursky and Essex coming off the bench.

MDSteel15
01-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Even if we do draft a gaurd we should still bring some one in that can play NOW!

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-20-2012, 08:04 PM
But it definitely won't be Nicks or Urbik

tanda10506
01-23-2012, 04:48 AM
Even if we do draft a gaurd we should still bring some one in that can play NOW!

Agreed