PDA

View Full Version : Ward's chances to return better without Arians?

6RingsAndCounting
01-20-2012, 10:16 AM
http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/114484-ed-wards-chances-to-return-better-without-arians

-- If Arians is out, it might increase the chances that Hines Ward returns for one more season. Whether you agree with the move or not, the fact is that Ward's reduced status came at the request of the offensive coordinator, who had been trying to make that move for awhile.

By Ed Bouchette

tony hipchest
01-20-2012, 10:45 AM
1. reduce wards role... CHECK
2. Watch mike wallaces 2000 yard season go into the crapper... CHECK
3. watch points per game gradually reduce drop off to 21st in the league... CHECK
4. watch ben scramble for 6 seconds before a brown wrecks his ankle waiting for speedsters to open up DEEP... CHECK.

GREAT PLAN!

bruce deserves an extension and a raise.

stb_steeler
01-20-2012, 10:59 AM
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq339/ladi_izz/340x.jpg

tanda10506
01-20-2012, 03:53 PM
3. watch points per game gradually reduce drop off to 21st in the league... CHECK
4. watch ben scramble for 6 seconds before a brown wrecks his ankle waiting for speedsters to open up DEEP... CHECK.

GREAT PLAN!

I'm glad that somebody other than me noticed that the offense took a step back without Ward. Yes there were injuries, yes Brown looked better than Ward, and yes for the first game or two that Hines was out the offense "appeared" more explosive. As the season went on though the offenses play, according to stats went down, and by the end of the season it was non existent. I'm all for Wallace being our number 1 but it was irritating to watch Hines sit in the playoffs while Wallace disappeared and then dropped the ball when it was finally thrown to him. Wallace was MIA for 6 games, but played all game while Hines, who has the 2nd most catches in post season HISTORY (only behind Jerry Rice) just sat there. Hines is not a starter on this team now, but he's no less than a #3 who still see's the field often. Of course some will say he's completely useless, but if you look at our offensive numbers and the way nobody was open the last few games, I think there is enough to make a case for him staying.

fer522
01-20-2012, 04:17 PM

GREAT PLAN!

LMFAO :rofl:

former RB
01-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Hines is one of my all time favorites. But I wish they would have worked Jericho Cotchery into the slot more this year. He has better speed than Hines, and could run wheel routes on some of those extended plays of Bens.
I was thinking about a cool play for Cotchery and Z -wallace or brown- could run with Cotchery.
I'd line up Cotch in the Y slot right, Wallace or Brown in the Z split right, and call it like this "Y wheel, Z deep post-out". If you run that play, you will create a pick when Cotch makes his first wheel cut and Z makes his move for the deep post, then they would pick AGAIN, when Cotch turns upfield on his second wheel cut, and Z makes his out cut. Two picks on the same play. The DB's would probably run into each other trying to cover it.. It would take a long time to develop, but Ben could buy time and make the throw. I keep saying that they need to design plays like that to use Bens natural talents. Sort of a chaos play by design.:hatsoff: