PDA

View Full Version : Why I want Hue..

rthorsn
01-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Lots of people have been talking about who should be our new OC. I won't pretend to know every qualified WR coach or QB coach but I do know 1 person who's offense I did like last year.

Hue Jackson of the Raiders. He ran the ball all the time (which I am a fan of) but when teams started dropping 8 in the box he started going down field. Now I know they had 2 stud running backs but his offense started making Moore, DHB, and Boss look like they were studs. Imagine what his plan could do with ACTUAL studs like Brown, Wallace, Sanders, Miller.

The jury is still out with Redman and Clay. Plus who knows about Dwyer and Mendenhall with his injury.. Yet Hue does something with his offense that Arians always said was not part of his. He uses a FULLBACK! I know most Steelers fans know how nice it is to have an actual FB (Johnson not counted). It also would help cover up our O-line and help 1 of our RB find some open space. With the added benefit that a real FB could help keep our often battered QB upright/healthy.

I am just a fan of the Steelers. Not a football insider and I know that the Raiders got TONS of flags the last few years. Do you think that is him or the team itself? If it is somehow his fault I wouldn't be wanting him so much BUT he wasn't on the field and with a strict head coach like Tomlin I would guess that would be cleaned up.

I really don't think we will get him BUT would you like to see him run the offense for our Steelers?

austinfrench76
01-21-2012, 04:09 PM
I don't agree that the jury is still out on Redman. The rest, yes, but no Isaac. The guys a beast! Proved it over the past couple of years and has been consistent in his YPC.

60_MINUTES
01-21-2012, 04:46 PM
didnt hue jackson just go to the Rams... Im not 100 percent but Im about 99 percent he did

GMU Steeler
01-21-2012, 05:20 PM
didnt hue jackson just go to the Rams... Im not 100 percent but Im about 99 percent he did

Looks like he's still available. I'd be interested. He's got a reputation for being a good offensive mind.

6RingsAndCounting
01-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Isaac Redman kind of reminds me of Michael Bush, and there for a while, Michael Bush looked like a stud. I wouldn't mind as obviously Ben is superior to Carson. The only thing is that the Raiders weren't too good in the Red zone, but that could also be due to not having a quarterback.

rthorsn
01-21-2012, 07:25 PM
I am a big fan of Redman. I think he has earned every shot at being the starting RB going into next season. I also love to see what Clay could do in a expanded role.

I think that Hue could do a solid job with the offense with better pieces than he had in Oakland. He also seemed to work with the strength of there OL. Which is something I don't think Bruce did all that well. I am not saying it was all Bruce's fault our OL stunk at times. It clearly needs some upgrades BUT Bruce did them no favors having them do things outside there skill level.

BKAnthem
01-21-2012, 11:46 PM
And he wouldn't take any shit from Ben either

fer522
01-21-2012, 11:53 PM
And he wouldn't take any shit from Ben either

yea, what he said :thumbsup:

OX1947
01-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Meh, that guy coached the most penalized team in the history of civilization, he has zero discipline skills. Clements is my choice. Native burgher and has been coaching aaron rodgers. Thats what this offense needs.

ricardisimo
01-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Hue would be interesting. More run-oriented, which would be exactly what Art is looking for. Hopefully less sacks, which is an issue Clements appears to have as well. Penalties is Tomlin's domain, not the OC.

rthorsn
01-22-2012, 01:48 PM
If the flags were all Hue's fault I wouldn't want him. I wouldn't want him as a HC. Thankfully we have a guy by the name Tomlin and there is no way in hell he would let Hue's offense be that undisciplined.

fortmemphis
01-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Down here in Memphis, I get news about the Steelers when ESPN has something. So I would ask some of you guys closer to the situation: is it correct that Rooney wants to get back to "Steeler Football" and run it more and that is why Arians was "asked to retire?"

This all may be old to you but Im just trying to understand what went on because I was under the impression that Tomlin had said that both his coordinators would be back next year and then this happens.

rthorsn
01-22-2012, 09:10 PM
They are saying he "retired" not sure what to think about what happened. Now there are reports saying he was told he was asked to retire.

My guess is that he was told either retire or be fired. I have to think it came from above Tomlins head but I never really heard of Art getting all Al Davis on the Steelers. Either way I think it was the right move. I don't want ALL run but a nice 50/50 would be amazing.

fortmemphis
01-22-2012, 09:24 PM
They are saying he "retired" not sure what to think about what happened. Now there are reports saying he was told he was asked to retire.

My guess is that he was told either retire or be fired. I have to think it came from above Tomlins head but I never really heard of Art getting all Al Davis on the Steelers. Either way I think it was the right move. I don't want ALL run but a nice 50/50 would be amazing.

Yeah, it does sound somewhat out of character to hear that a Rooney sent down a mandate to "do this" or "do that." But that is what Chris Mortensen was reporting that his source said. Everyone may have seen the story.

It certainly was frustrating this year to move the ball with the running game only to abandon it and start slingin it around all over the place.

However it all cant be put on Arians. The defense, although ranked #1 overall, was not the best defense in the league and had trouble stopping a college offense in the Broncos along with giving up the 2nd Baltimore game with 2 mins left and a 4 pt lead and over 80 yds to go for the Ravens. So there need to be several changes/improvements.