PDA

View Full Version : Morris?

Sneak
01-22-2012, 01:08 AM
First off, I'm new to the boards - hailing from Sweden I've been a Steelers' fan since I started watching Football (around the same time we started getting the matches over here).

Also, sorry if someone has already stated this question, did a search for it but couldent turn up anything.

Has anybody heard if there's any plans to bring in Raheem Morris in some defensive capacity to the Steelers? I always liked this guy, and I really felt he was given an unproportional blame for how the Bucs season went - the fact that he's obviously failed at being a HC doesent mean he isnt a good assisstant - and having watched that Bronco's game a couple of weeks ago, well - getting some help with the secondary doesent seem like a bad idea :P

Then theres the fact that he's already very close with Tomlin, I think they've stated somewhere that they regard eachother like brothers. I know for a fact that you guys in the states get ALOT more rumors/info/etc then we do over here (everybody just babbels about soccer here. :banging:) - so, anybody heard anything like this going on, and WOULD it be a smart move?

tony hipchest
01-22-2012, 02:02 AM
he's already been hired by somebody (redskins secondary coach?). we really had no room or openings on the staff to give him a job. he really wouldnt have been better than anyone weve already got.

ricardisimo
01-22-2012, 02:18 AM
Welcome to the board. You're right... Morris is probably better than his record as a head coach would suggest. The Bucs strike me as more than a little dysfunctional. But as Tony stated, there's nothing we had where he would have been an upgrade.

Sneak
01-22-2012, 03:42 AM
Oh, didnt know the Redskins thing was a done deal. I had heard that the Redskins wanted to bring him in for the secondary, and that the Vikes was considering him when it came to DC - didnt know anything was done though.

Bayz101
01-22-2012, 04:37 AM
Oh, didnt know the Redskins thing was a done deal. I had heard that the Redskins wanted to bring him in for the secondary, and that the Vikes was considering him when it came to DC - didnt know anything was done though.

He's been hired by the Redskins as a Defensive Back's coach.

Sneak
01-22-2012, 06:15 AM
Hehe, well that puts that to rest then ;)

steeltheone
01-23-2012, 05:57 AM
10 straight losses with a team favored to be a contender will cost most coaches their job.