PDA

View Full Version : Why so hard to get tickets???

MichiSteeler
07-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Hey, I was just wondering, why is it so difficult to get tickets to a home steelers game?? Ive been denied 2 years in a row now.. This year we sent in for the sale they had, but they only allow you 2 tickets per household. How are you supposed to be able to buy more than 2 tickets?? Any tips if anybody knows other places to get tickets or anything would be greatly appreciated

BlackNGold203
07-01-2006, 01:12 PM
You can get tickets to any game from online ticket brokers...but bring your checkbook....

geran42o
07-01-2006, 02:16 PM
You can get 2 tix for 2 games from the sale

nicesteel4life
07-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Steelers are SOLD OUT FOREVER. You either need to find somebody selling them or a broker. I have much luck in just going down and buying from the people outside, YES you need to know what your doing a little so you dont get ripped, but if you dont mind missing the kickoff you can get them for cost after the game starts...

clevestinks
07-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Its the Steelers! In the Burgh you wouldnt waste your money on the Pens or Pirates right now!

Ambridge
07-01-2006, 06:28 PM
The to help yourself out with the two ticket deal like I have for several seasons is to get some friends/neighbors or family members who might live close by and get them to send in for the ticket request form as well.
Ask them if they will send in the check(payment) with the different games you want to go to and simply reimburse them for the ticket cost.

The tricky part is coordinating all those forms with their payments and getting them back in Next Day Mail the very same day you get your forms. Yes, it's a little expensive but it definately increases your chance of getting the tickets you want.

I should get a consultation fee for giving out trade secrets. :grin:

PS-Stay away from ticket brokers, ebay, Stubhub, etc..if you can.
IMO they'll Raked you over the Coals with some of the prices they try and get.

Hines86Ward
07-01-2006, 06:44 PM
You could put your name on the waiting list for season tickets, but you'll be waiting for 30 years.....and that's only if someone gives them up

MichiSteeler
07-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Ok, thanks to everybody that replied. I guess ill just have to wait another year to hopefully go to Heinz Field :shake01: . I might try to see if i can get ahold of some tickets for Ohio State/ Michigan instead

Lyn
07-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Where in Michigan are you? :hope: We are going down to the KC game from Lansing and God willing will be spending a few days there. :dancing: Let me know and thanks!~:peace:

SteelShooter
07-01-2006, 11:35 PM
I know how it feels.........just got the check back in the mail TODAY.

Lyn
07-01-2006, 11:53 PM
No kidding? How did you send the check back? You have to send it IMMEDIATELY after filling out the form and do a priority overnight. It costs $13. or $14. something, but it is worth it. I got my form by Friday and sent them in on Friday night. A friend of mine got hers on the same Friday I did but had something going on so she did not send hers in until that Saturday am, her check was guaranteed to get to the Steeler's ticket office by 10:30am on Monday, and she also got tickets. I would never have thought she would get them.

Real quick turn around time from the time they arrive in your mailbox until you return them is the secret to the whole thing and using Fed Ex or UPS is unnecessary as they are not suppose to deliver to a PO Box, but in the past I have used Fed Ex and got tickets so ......go figure!~
Only one time in 9 years did I not get tickets.:cheers:

SteelShooter
07-02-2006, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the info Lyn. I guess I wasn't fast enough.

I was going to be in town for the Bucs game. This would have been the first time in my life that I would have gotten to see the Steelers actually in Pittsburgh. Seen them in Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, and San Diego....but never at home.

Oh well, there's always e-Bay I guess.

I'll let ya know how it goes. I may just stay at the Deer Camp for a few extra days now. I do love when I get to go, and it isn't often enough as it is (every other year or so).