PDA

View Full Version : If Mike Tomlin is really calling the shots....

madtowndrunkard
01-22-2012, 12:29 PM
our next OC will be Jim Caldwell..

I would think Caldwell does qualify for the job and the Rooney's would have no problem approving such a move. It would not shock me though to see a bidding war on his services... I think he's highly respected as an offensive mind. I also think it would mean a lot more of Ben calling plays based on reads.

If the Rooney's are calling the shots, then expect a lengthy search for the next OC position... unless we promote with in.

6RingsAndCounting
01-22-2012, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't mind it, Ben has proven he can call his own plays when he goes no huddle. It seems that he gets rid of the ball quicker too when he calls his own plays

GMU Steeler
01-22-2012, 12:37 PM
What other teams are needing OCs? Rams just hired Brian Schottenheimer so they're out. Anyhow I'd be ok with Caldwell. Maybe not the best HC but he is a good offensive mind. My favorite is Clements who seems to be everybody else's too and for good reason.

Kanata-Steeler
01-22-2012, 12:53 PM
I was kinda hoping for Clements too, his QB coaching experiemce would have definitely helped Ben to learn to read defenses better.
aka - Rodgers', per example ?

GMU Steeler
01-22-2012, 12:58 PM
I was kinda hoping for Clements too, his QB coaching experiemce would have definitely helped Ben to learn to read defenses better.
aka - Rodgers', per example ?

It's still possible. But yeah he's got a nice resume especially with Rodgers who has blossomed under his coaching.

ricardisimo
01-22-2012, 01:17 PM
It's not like Caldwell doesn't have similar credentials. There's some guy that did pretty well under him as well. Can't remember his name right now... :scratchchin:

6RingsAndCounting
01-22-2012, 01:20 PM
It's not like Caldwell doesn't have similar credentials. There's some guy that did pretty well under him as well. Can't remember his name right now... :scratchchin:

Curtis Painter?:chuckle:

BKAnthem
01-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Caldwell? i thought Moore was the guy that made indy's offense go...

ricardisimo
01-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Caldwell? i thought Moore was the guy that made indy's offense go...
Moore was the OC, Caldwell the QB coach, then head coach.

Steelers_all_day_43
01-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Tom Clements most likely gonna be the Packer's OC

TRH
01-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Actually, you.....nor anyone else here......has NO IDEA of what Tomlin is thinking right now.

madtowndrunkard
01-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Clements is going to be the GB offensive coordinator. So we can all quit asking for Clements.

I do believe Tomlin has ties with Caldwell... I think they are friends.

plenewken
01-23-2012, 06:55 AM
I wouldn't mind it, Ben has proven he can call his own plays when he goes no huddle. It seems that he gets rid of the ball quicker too when he calls his own plays

Really? How about he asks for a quick snap too, rather than waiting for the last second? A no-huddle with full count down is a joke.

madtowndrunkard
01-23-2012, 09:21 AM
our next OC will be Jim Caldwell..

I would think Caldwell does qualify for the job and the Rooney's would have no problem approving such a move. It would not shock me though to see a bidding war on his services... I think he's highly respected as an offensive mind. I also think it would mean a lot more of Ben calling plays based on reads.

If the Rooney's are calling the shots, then expect a lengthy search for the next OC position... unless we promote with in.

After further thought, I can not see us promoting with in. Doing so would mean the Rooney's want to keep the current system in place. If that were the case then they would not have fired Arians. The reason we have the reputation of promoting with in, is because typically our coaches get offered head coaching positions or promotions... in which case you would want continuity.... not someone new.

Kingmagyar
01-23-2012, 09:56 AM
I don't know how Caldwell has a good offensive mind when he never called an offensive play in his entire life and that includes college. I want a guy who has called thousands of offensive plays and has seen everything there is to see. The only way the Steelers are going to look good getting rid of BA is to hire a genius.

I wouldn't mind Mr. Noodle aka Brad Childress as OC and Caldwell as the QB coach.

IowaSteeler927
01-24-2012, 02:54 AM
Caldwell is a good coach and I think it's BS the Colts got rid of him. I understand they had a two win season but it's obvious that Peyton Manning is just that good and their backups can't run the offense in anywhere near the same fashion. I hardly thought this season was the fault of Caldwell. I think he was a package deal with the Polians. I honestly think Jim Tressel is going to be the Colts next head coach. They bring the guy in as a replay advisor? That's a crock of crap. That's one high profile guy to be a just a "replay" advisor.

ricardisimo
01-24-2012, 03:38 AM
I don't know how Caldwell has a good offensive mind when he never called an offensive play in his entire life and that includes college. I want a guy who has called thousands of offensive plays and has seen everything there is to see. The only way the Steelers are going to look good getting rid of BA is to hire a genius.

I wouldn't mind Mr. Noodle aka Brad Childress as OC and Caldwell as the QB coach.
I think the Steelers have had quite enough of geniuses. Time to try some hard work instead.