PDA

View Full Version : Preseason game

el_northo
07-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Alrite fellow Steelers fans

As I live in London, England, you can imagine how hard it is to be able to follow the Steelers, due to a lack of TV coverage. In August though, I'll be going to the States for a couple of weeks, and deliberately scheduled myself to be in Phoenix so as to be able to catch the first game of the preseason. Being able to watch the almighty Steelers play, albeit in the less exciting context of the preseason, is a dream come true for me. Just wondered if any of you guys could give me some advice on how to make the most of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity?
Also, what do you reckon our record will be this season? Although many people keep talking about how gruelling the first half of the Steelers' schedule is, I just can't see their point. I mean, the stiffest competition there is surely the Broncos and we proved that we can beat them reasonable comfortably, i.e. the victory on the road to Super Bowl XL? Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I just can't foresee the problems that many others have highlighted - I do conceed that several of the teams (Falcons, Panthers and the scum from Cincinnati) may well make the playoffs, and also that it is harder to win again after a SuperBowl-winning year, but surely they won't pose a great deal of threat? Obviously we can make it to the playoffs, but I think people may be underestimating our lads a bit? What do others think?

Look forward to hearing from people

el_northo

slashsteel
07-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Underestimating us ? More like gunning to knock us off our perch. :)

blackngoldbaby
07-01-2006, 07:37 PM
im guessing our record will be 12-4.

Steelers
07-02-2006, 12:53 AM
w00t.

clevestinks
07-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Being in Phoenix I would say that seeing the Steelers preseason on TV would be a gimme. You really should have some here tape the games and send them to you!