View Full Version : Man, what a good week this has been so far

Fire Arians
01-22-2012, 05:38 PM
1. Bruce Arians Retires
2. Ravens choke in the worst way imaginable

Now to make this even better, harbaugh #2 needs to lose

EdgarAllenPoe
01-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Why do you all hate the Harbaugh brothers so much? I've never understood it.

6RingsAndCounting
01-22-2012, 05:44 PM

I personally dislike them for many reasons

1) Their father coached at Michigan (I'm a Buckeye fan)
2) John coaches the Ravens, I hate the Ravens
3) Jim coaches the 49ers, I don't want them to get number 6
4) Their both arrogant. I like Swagger (Tomlin) more than arrogance (Harbaughs)

Fire Arians
01-22-2012, 05:44 PM

cause they're a buncha douche bags, that's why

TRH
01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
1. Bruce Arians Retires
2. Ravens choke in the worst way imaginable

Now to make this even better, harbaugh #2 needs to lose

Just think of how much better it could have been, though. Point # 2's celebration is somewhat offset by now the Patriots are being sent to the SB. Again. A good week....but could have been a heck of a lot better.

LVSteelersfan
01-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Hey, we got swept by the Ratbirds and they are done. We beat the Cheatriots and they are in. So the team that we beat is in the Super Bowl and the one we lost to twice is not. It's not much but at least it is something. I am still stinging from getting Tebowed a couple weeks ago. I am sure the look on my face on that last pass by Tebow was about the same as the looks on those Ratbird faces on that missed FG. I can't stand that dirty team. Again and again they get away with dirty hits that should be flagged. Brady was speared in the back by a helmet on his TD and nothing called. Good riddance to a dirty team.

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-22-2012, 06:55 PM
The same reason you hate Ravens fans including you hate everything associated with the Pittsburgh Steelers... its not rocket science LOSER!!! Tell Rice that I say Happy Birthday and that I got him a Patriots AFC Champs T-Shirt and Hat.

fer522
01-22-2012, 06:56 PM
4) Their both arrogant. I like Swagger (Tomlin) more than arrogance (Harbaughs)

Tomlin is just as big a douche as they are(haven't you seen his press conference he's an ass hole)
and may be even more arrogant and stubborn than those two
i'm a steelers fan but i don't kiss their ass just because they are part of the team

lipps83
01-22-2012, 06:59 PM

Everybody is a douchebag every once in a while. The word 'everybody' includes both you and me.

The Harbaugh brothers get results. Period.

There aren't many coaches out there that can take a horrible team and the very next year have a legitimate chance to win the Super Bowl with pretty much the same group of players.

I will take someone like them that acts like a dick every once in a while for what they bring all of the time, which is great coaching.

Alex Smith was the leagues worst starting QB. He turned it around this year because Harbaugh doesn't have him doing things he can't do. He focuses on what he can do and they improve on it from there.

6RingsAndCounting
01-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Tomlin is just as big a douche as they are(haven't you seen his press conference he's an ass hole)
and may be even more arrogant and stubborn than those two
i'm a steelers fan but i don't kiss their ass just because they are part of the team

I don't see it like that, I see Tomlin just as confident. The Harbaughs are just flat ass holes. Like when Jim gave the little slap to Jim Schwartz, Harbaugh needed his ass beat

FrancoLambert
01-22-2012, 07:24 PM

Duh..... ..besides the fact that one coaches the Ravens, how about watching their sideline antics, always bitching and moaning, working the refs to get a call........all coaches do it to a degree.......they take it to an unbearable level. :noidea:

OX1947
01-22-2012, 07:24 PM
If you do not think john harbaugh is a complete and utter douche, just watch the fourth quarter at the end while he was pushing is assistant coach like a 3 yr old would when trying to get back at his older brother.

LVSteelersfan
01-22-2012, 07:28 PM
He was bitching and moaning about something today after the 49ers scored their TD in the first half. What is up with that douche? You would think he would be happy that they scored. He looked more like they just got scored on.

lipps83
01-22-2012, 09:13 PM
He was bitching and moaning about something today after the 49ers scored their TD in the first half. What is up with that douche? You would think he would be happy that they scored. He looked more like they just got scored on.

They took a stupid and unnecessary personal conduct foul when Vernon Davis jumped up with the cameraman and did a little dance.

Should Harbaugh have smiled because of that and celebrated with Davis?

I guess maybe I don't understand how some people feel they have the right to criticize others without knowing the full story.

I guess I should get with the program and do as other Steeler fans do. I keep forgetting everything not Steeler is the enemy. Next time I see a fan of the opposing team I will beat them into a coma for wearing the wrong jersey.

Go Steelers....

Ricco Suavez
01-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Well If everything stays true to form, which Harbaugh boy will be the first to say they would of won the Super Bowl if they had got there. Or how bout we were the better team and should of been there. I know the douche from Baltimoron usually flaps his gums after its over but now he has competition.

6RingsAndCounting
01-23-2012, 12:02 AM
I guess I should get with the program and do as other Steeler fans do. I keep forgetting everything not Steeler is the enemy. Next time I see a fan of the opposing team I will beat them into a coma for wearing the wrong jersey.

Go Steelers....

I never heard anyone say anything about hating everyone wearing another jersey. It's in our nature to dislike the opposing team and their coaches, in which one of them is our bitter rival, and the other is attempting t tie our number of Super Bowls. I respect both of them as coaches, but i don't like either of them at all.

tanda10506
01-23-2012, 12:58 AM

Spot on sir. Jim seems like a good coach, but they are cry babies. They spend half the time whining to the refs and the other half yelling.

SteelCurtain5643
01-23-2012, 01:04 AM
Duh..... ..besides the fact that one coaches the Ravens, how about watching their sideline antics, always bitching and moaning, working the refs to get a call........all coaches do it to a degree.......they take it to an unbearable level. :noidea:

This. John really is a whiny bitch. The dude throws hissy fits on the sidelines when calls dont go his way or god for bid his team gets a penalty. I hate when they show him on tv I'd just like to go thru the tv punch him right in the mouth. The guy is such a douche.

StainlessStill
01-23-2012, 01:33 AM
This. John really is a whiny bitch. The dude throws hissy fits on the sidelines when calls dont go his way or god for bid his team gets a penalty. I hate when they show him on tv I'd just like to go thru the tv punch him right in the mouth. The guy is such a douche.

Jim was just as bad. Throwing his hands in the air, frantically. Putting his hat down to his eyes. Throwing his clipboard in an obnoxious manor. It just doesn't get more OVERBOARD with the Harbaugh's. So happy to NOT see them punks advance.

LambertWardSteel
01-23-2012, 04:35 AM
They spend half the time whining to the refs and the other half yelling.

And half their time after the game crying to the media and league about how they were screwed by the refs.

TRH
01-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Jim was just as bad. Throwing his hands in the air, frantically. Putting his hat down to his eyes. Throwing his clipboard in an obnoxious manor. It just doesn't get more OVERBOARD with the Harbaugh's. So happy to NOT see them punks advance.

Yeah. This.
I thought Jim was MORE annoying than John. For example, anytime there was a 49er's penalty.....even a blatantly obvious one, without question.....he did like you said, throwed his hands in the air, screamed, shook his fists, yelled...really acted like a big baby in diapers. It was annoying to the absolute extreme. It's OK when someone does things like that on a controversial play, but EVERY penalty? Every time something didn't go their way?

Jim = more annoying than John

FanSince72
01-23-2012, 07:56 AM
Well, I'm no Ravens fan and I'm glad they lost but there were two things I took from this game for which I have to give credit:

1. Flacco silenced his critics (and actually pitched the game winner if Evans didn't pull a "Jackie Smith")
2. Ray Lewis's comments about "winning and losing as a team" impressed the hell out of me.

As far as the Harbaugh's are concerned, I don't really think about them all that much other than to say If I had to choose between hanging out with a Harbaugh or with Brian Billick, I'd take Billick hands down.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-23-2012, 08:06 AM
Only thing better weekend wouldve been the Steelers playing.
Both whiney H brothers out in a dramatic fashion lol

All game they cry whine n bitch at the refs

6RingsAndCounting
01-23-2012, 09:23 AM
2. Ray Lewis's comments about "winning and losing as a team" impressed the hell out of me.

I will admit, I did gain some respect for Ray after that.

steelfury02
01-23-2012, 09:43 AM
The only time I felt anything remotely positive about the Harbaughs is when they showed the brothers sitting at the dinner table with their parents - just humanized them for me at that one moment

John Harbaugh is filled with excuses and has not once ever actually admitted the other team was better than them. I guess part of your job as a coach is to not admit defeat for the sake of your players psyche or to not drum up too many negative feelings. What is annoying about this however is that the 1 time (this season) that they beat us with a ton on the line - he completely oversold it. Following up an absurd Gatorade bath in early NOVEMBER - Harbaugh proclaimed in the locker room "We went into the lion's den and came out unscathed!"

He will never ever give any credit to the other team and it is always about what they do or don't do - which is classless IMHO. You even hear the Pats after the game commending the Broncos defense after they put a 45 pt butt whoopin on them. His lack of respect for the opponent at this level is obnoxious and while he has won SOME small battles - he generally is falling into the Rex Ryan category - all talk and can't do it when the big one is on the line. His brother's antics only started with the slap on the back - when he is jawing with the opposing team's players it just further proves the obnoxious frat brother behavior. Very unprofessional and the animation and general sore loser attitude is getting old. Mark my words - neither of these guys will win a SB. Flash in the pan - that's all.

soulkitchen
01-23-2012, 09:50 AM
I haven't seen much of this issue yet, but what was up with johnny shoving his OC on the slidlines? His unprofessionalism right there proves to me why he is an annoying little brat.

Twentyvalve
01-23-2012, 09:59 AM
And shoving his OC? That is embarrassing, rude, and disrespectful. I remembe a few years back he pushed a referee. Nothing was ever said. I was in disbelief. And he never gives credit to the other team. On the local news it was always about how the game was stolen, they should have won, etc., never admitting the team actually played better and put more points on the board.

At least Rex Ryan acts humbly on occasion. The Harbaughs are narcissistic sore losers.

steelfury02
01-23-2012, 12:15 PM
will be interesting to see if Ravens have what it takes to bounce back and still "own us" as their fans so daringly put it - wouldn't be shocked for a huge letdown from them to the tune of 9-7 / 10-6

FanSince72
01-23-2012, 12:22 PM
I haven't seen much of this issue yet, but what was up with johnny shoving his OC on the slidlines? His unprofessionalism right there proves to me why he is an annoying little brat.

Oh, come on!

The guy was excited and he was reacting to things happening at the moment. He's like a big kid out there and frankly, compared to most of the coaches we see, Jim Harbaugh is a breath of fresh air.
I'd rather see his kind of enthusiasm than to see coaches behaving as if their next decision is whether or not we should invade Russia.

It's a game.

It's supposed to be fun!

fer522
01-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Oh, come on!

The guy was excited and he was reacting to things happening at the moment. He's like a big kid out there and frankly, compared to most of the coaches we see, Jim Harbaugh is a breath of fresh air.
I'd rather see his kind of enthusiasm than to see coaches behaving as if their next decision is whether or not we should invade Russia.

It's a game.

It's supposed to be fun!

right on brother!!!! now somebody go tell tomlin its just a fu****g GAME

Twentyvalve
01-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Yeah - a game? If shoving your coach/coworker is part of "the game" then I sure would find another game. He was yelling and pissing - and Harbaugh totally disrespected him. That was uncalled for, embarrassing, and offensive.

I can think of no scenario, on the sideline of an NFL game, or withing the context of the job, where shoving another coach or employee is acceptable. You might be okay with it, for whatever reason, but getting caught up in the moment is no excuse to that. What do you think would happen if Cameron shoved Harbaugh? Do you think that would be okay with Harbaugh? Of course not. But, because Harbaugh is mouthy meathead, he gets away with it because that is just like a Tuesday cup of tea to him. Also, I am pretty sure pushed a referee a few years ago, and of course nothing was ever said about that.

I am subject to his smarmy mouth consistently here in Baltimore. The guy is is mouthy nitwit.

Enthusiasm? Did he see him push Cameron? It was not a "I love you man" happy shove. It was a pretty harsh, angry act. From what I understand, Cameron was telling him to call timeout. Idiot. Imagine Tomlin doing that. I would appalled.

Oh, come on!

It's a game.

It's supposed to be fun!

6RingsAndCounting
01-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Yeah - a game? If shoving your coach/coworker is part of "the game" then I sure would find another game. He was yelling and pissing - and Harbaugh totally disrespected him. That was uncalled for, embarrassing, and offensive.

I can think of no scenario, on the sideline of an NFL game, or withing the context of the job, where shoving another coach or employee is acceptable. You might be okay with it, for whatever reason, but getting caught up in the moment is no excuse to that. What do you think would happen if Cameron shoved Harbaugh? Do you think that would be okay with Harbaugh? Of course not. But, because Harbaugh is mouthy meathead, he gets away with it because that is just like a Tuesday cup of tea to him. Also, I am pretty sure pushed a referee a few years ago, and of course nothing was ever said about that.

I am subject to his smarmy mouth consistently here in Baltimore. The guy is is mouthy nitwit.

Enthusiasm? Did he see him push Cameron? It was not a "I love you man" happy shove. It was a pretty harsh, angry act. From what I understand, Cameron was telling him to call timeout. Idiot. Imagine Tomlin doing that. I would appalled.

To me, that would be embarrassing if I played offense for the Ravens. If I'm an offensive player, I'm thinking "If the head coach doesn't have respect for him, why should I?"

steelcity1974
01-23-2012, 07:27 PM

:applaudit:

PhantomJB93
01-23-2012, 07:45 PM

John is the coach of my most hated team in all of sports, for starters. Jim, while I don't hate his team too much, is just a straight up asshole. I've hated Jim even since he was at Stanford and not just because he was John's brother. He's done a lot of things over the past couple years that have just convinced me he is the most arrogant, obnoxious, disrespectful coach in all of professional or collegiate sports. Not that John is much better, he has done is fair share of stuff since taking over the Ratbirds to piss me off too, but Jim is just on a whole other level. At least John addressed the media yesterday, Jim just ran off like a sore loser to cry in the locker room and blame the refs.

I'd be completely embarrassed to have either as my coach.

stb_steeler
01-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Jim used to cry his whiny little ass off back when the Steelers knocked his ass out of the playoffs when he QB'd for Colts. Still continues today!

finesward
01-23-2012, 08:48 PM
John showing just how much of a whiny preschooler he is

Harbaugh 'surprised' by no replay review

"I tried to get [the officials'] attention and thought it would be looked at," Harbaugh said. "I thought they would have at least looked at it. I was surprised that they didn't look at it. Obviously, in that situation, I thought they would have looked at it."

Harbaugh said he never received an explanation from referee Alberto Riveron or any of his crew. League rules say the receiver must have both feet or any part of his body other than his hands on the ground before losing control of the ball. Replays suggest Evans lost his grasp of the ball before his second foot was down.

Yeah we all see you trying to get the officials attention ALL game long. No wonder they don't bother to give you an explanation. Never cry shitwolf

soulkitchen
01-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Oh, come on!

It's a game.

It's supposed to be fun!

That may be acceptable for your team, but if Tomlin acted a fool like that, I as a Steeler fan would be embarrassed. That in no means is acceptable behavior for an NFL coach.

StylCurtainXL
01-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Hate one of them cause they coach the Ratbirds.

Hate the other cause he's related to the coach of the Ratbirds.

FanSince72
01-24-2012, 09:08 AM

You must be a lot of fun at parties. :banging:

steelfury02
01-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Harbaugh's general attitude pretty much reflects a healthy chunk of the Baltimoron/transient population in Bmore

- you should see them drive in MD - they'll run you right off the road just to get in front of you when two lanes merge into one, only to have to be right behind another car anyways lol

VA_steeelrs
01-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Harbaughs conspirated and collaborated on week 12 so that 49ers lost to Ravens when 49ers locked up thier division already. That gave Ravens an edge to Steelers...hate this, but you know what, conspirators can sometimes work and even be effective, but they are by nature limited.