PDA

View Full Version : Eli

steeltheone
01-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Is one of the best in the league...Win or lose

TRH
01-22-2012, 09:41 PM
he definitely didn't play at a peak level today. He made a lot of dangerous, erratic throws down the middle of the field 20, 25 yards or so that could have been easily been picked off....thankfully most were incomplete.
Hopefully he's at a better level in the SB.

Hines0wnz
01-23-2012, 11:14 AM
he definitely didn't play at a peak level today. He made a lot of dangerous, erratic throws down the middle of the field 20, 25 yards or so that could have been easily been picked off....thankfully most were incomplete.
Hopefully he's at a better level in the SB.

I have to say, not really. He played really well. The 49ers defense is ridiculous, they always make QBs look bad. 58 pass attempts, no INTs for Eli. I think he did phenomenal on the road against a superior defense.

Fire Arians
01-23-2012, 11:34 AM
eli definitely established himself as the real deal. While I don't think he's as technically good as his brother Peyton, he makes less mistakes in big games.

TRH
01-23-2012, 12:37 PM
I have to say, not really. He played really well. The 49ers defense is ridiculous, they always make QBs look bad. 58 pass attempts, no INTs for Eli. I think he did phenomenal on the road against a superior defense.

Fair...let me re-state. He had a very good game. But he most certainly has been better at times....a very good game....but not his best.....a bunch of his throws thankfully fell incomplete, it was obvious enough for the announcers to comment that those were some dangerous throws and he probably wasn't thinking clearly.
I'm hoping for "the better" because it will be ridiculously cool if the Giants knock off the Pats again.

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-23-2012, 05:55 PM

AGREED! TIMES ONE HUNDRED! He has already proven he can win the big games and the big games on the road. He is super underrated still. If there was one QB I would take in a big game on the road it is definitely Eli. He has the most road playoff wins in NFL history and he will continue to get more during his career.

harrison'samonster
01-23-2012, 06:07 PM
I've got to agree, I didn't really like him early in his career. I think it was because the media was ready to crown him as a great QB before he accomplished anything. I think he's definitely one of the best QB's in the league now though.

PATS16N0
01-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Eli has a solid team all around him on both sides of the ball.
I've gotten to the point where I almost respect him. He's definitely tougher than his brother...

But put him on a questionable football team and he isn't going to any Superbowl.
He can barely get over .500 with the team he has.

steeltheone
01-23-2012, 10:48 PM
makes no differenece who he throws to, its all aces

ricardisimo
01-23-2012, 11:31 PM
I've gotten to the point where I almost respect him. He's definitely tougher than his brother...

But put him on a questionable football team and he isn't going to any Superbowl.
Yeah. I'm not yet convinced he's "elite", not that I can really tell what that means anymore.

Ricco Suavez
01-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Wow Ben is just riding his defenses coat tails yet Eli is the new Joe Montana. Some quick points Eli 185 tds/129 Int. Career 58.4 completion rate with a 7.0 ypc. Team record 69-50 Compare to Ben 165/100 63.1% 8.4 ypc. Team record 80-33.

Eli played a very safe and smart game the other night, took his dump offs and did not force many, but he was lucky two SF players ran into each other or he had a sure pick one time. Might not even been his fault, looked like the receiver broke off wrong. The Giants were given two gifts or they score only 10 points and the 49ers in the SuperBowl. The Giants Defense has been as dominant as anybody in the playoffs, basically shutting out Atlanta, keeping Rogers in check, and the 49ers were lucky to score what they did. And dont get me started on the Superbowl where they beat the Patriots, while glad it happened the Defense held Brady and co. to 14 points. BTW compare these numbers 19-34 255 yds 2 td and 1 INT----21-30 256 yds 1TD 1INT the first numbers are Eli's MVP performance vs Bens second Superbowl performance.

Ricco Suavez
01-24-2012, 05:44 PM
I am sick of Eli here in north MS every Rebel fan has jumped on the wagon, my sons jumped off the Steelers and I will have to hear about how Eli is better than Ben. Their argument is Ben is carried by his defense but no mention of how well the Giants defense plays. I tell them if the Steelers had drafted Eli some how then I would pull for him and if Ben played with the Giants I would care less about him. But I root for the team First and if I have a player on the Steelers then he is my man.

TRH
01-24-2012, 06:19 PM
I am sick of Eli here in north MS every Rebel fan has jumped on the wagon, my sons jumped off the Steelers and I will have to hear about how Eli is better than Ben. Their argument is Ben is carried by his defense but no mention of how well the Giants defense plays. I tell them if the Steelers had drafted Eli some how then I would pull for him and if Ben played with the Giants I would care less about him. But I root for the team First and if I have a player on the Steelers then he is my man.

The problems on our offense are at a much bigger level than "Ben". I'm starting to ignore and tune out the morons on this site.
I'm excited to get a new OC and hopefully a new look because thats exactly where many of our problems started. You can't score points when the other team likely knows the type of play you're running next (as well as the announcers and fans at home on their couches....).
We have a great QB. The entire offense just needs a tuneup and an overhaul of sorts.

steeltheone
01-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Where did this Eli better than Ben come from? Not from my post. I was pointing out that he seems not to get the respect of being a top QB.

Ricco Suavez
01-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Where did this Eli better than Ben come from? Not from my post. I was pointing out that he seems not to get the respect of being a top QB.

No you did not and if I steered it wrong its on me. Its just I get so tried of hearing Ben Bashers say he rides the defenses coat tails or he cannot put up the points like they think we should, yet when Eli plays a top defense he puts up very meager numbers and his offense scores only 10 points. And he is named a SuperBowl MVP when his numbers are virtual the same as Bens in his second SuperBowl. Eli' defense is playing lights out right now and they were the difference maker in the last SuperBowl they played.

steeltheone
01-25-2012, 07:00 PM
No you did not and if I steered it wrong its on me. Its just I get so tried of hearing Ben Bashers say he rides the defenses coat tails or he cannot put up the points like they think we should, yet when Eli plays a top defense he puts up very meager numbers and his offense scores only 10 points. And he is named a SuperBowl MVP when his numbers are virtual the same as Bens in his second SuperBowl. Eli' defense is playing lights out right now and they were the difference maker in the last SuperBowl they played.

I'm a BR7 backer, i know where we would be without him! Yikes!

BigRick
01-25-2012, 07:36 PM

Bullshit Eli Manning is a whinning crybaby just watch him in games. He makes a bad read and then looks at his recievers like WHAT WERE YOU DOING? The Giants defense carried them to their last SB victory not ELI. I would think as a Cheatriots fan you could have seen this.:banging:

steeltheone
01-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Bullshit Eli Manning is a whinning crybaby just watch him in games. He makes a bad read and then looks at his recievers like WHAT WERE YOU DOING? The Giants defense carried them to their last SB victory not ELI. I would think as a Cheatriots fan you could have seen this.:banging:

The 49ers beat the piss out of Eli...I thought he stood his ground firm!

BigRick
01-25-2012, 10:20 PM
I really shouldn't have included the quote in my last post. I totally agree with NE Patriots about Eli.:helmet:

BlaZeQuietly
01-31-2012, 07:25 AM

agreed I think something about peyton not playing has allowed him to step up, there must be some deep psychological reason for it, probably just not playing in his brothers shadow has given him more confidence, that would be my guess, he has mad some really good throws, although I agree he hasn't played to peytons level as far as getting rid of the ball as fast and having as perfect precision with his passes, he has definitely really impressed me while playing under pressure, I would even go as far as to say I'd rather have him on an attempt for a 2 minute game winning drive than roethlisberger.

PATS16N0
01-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Eli is also a lucky little bastard, though.
We can all agree on this, amirite?

Superbowl 42 was won on a really flukey play... It's one thing if one flukey occurrence takes place in a play but in the helmet catch there was more than that. How he squirmed out of that sack, then saw a covered receiver, then launched the football over his head, which was then brought down on a helmet with Rodney Harrison trying to rip it out of his hands is just unimaginable BS luck.

And the 49'ers out played the Giants in every way imaginable with the exception of special teams AKA one player named Kyle Williams who handed Eli a Superbowl trip gift wrapped with a red bow.

I can't handle the media doing what the media does and spinning controversy and nonsense which is exactly what they'll do if the Giants pull out a Superbowl win.

Sixburgher
01-31-2012, 12:59 PM
And the 49'ers out played the Giants in every way imaginable with the exception of special teams AKA one player named Kyle Williams who handed Eli a Superbowl trip gift wrapped with a red bow.

And Flacco outplayed Brady. The only reason the Patriots are there is because Evans had butterfingers and dropped a TD catch that should have been caught. What's the difference?

PATS16N0
01-31-2012, 02:18 PM
He didn't have butter fingers. It was one of the best defensive plays of the year.
The Ravens lost.
They lost by a hair.
But they still lost.

Losing by a little doesn't mean you should have won. Nor does winning by a little mean you should have lost. The Ravens lost. The Ravens lost. The Ravens lost.

More over, their 3rd quarter TD should have been called back on a personal foul for a 15 yard penalty but the officials are blind. Bad officiating kept it close and they still lost.

MACH1
01-31-2012, 03:13 PM
At least Eli didn't have to cheat* to win a superbowl.