PDA

View Full Version : Mr Noodle anyone?

Kingmagyar
01-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Mr Noodle (aka Brad Childress) could be a candidate to be the OC and hire Jim Caldwell as the QB coach. Would be a strong staff with ties to big play passing and running the rock.

Talk about an experienced coaching staff on offense. Two former head coaches with Tomlin. One of them is bound to understand clock management.

Lebeau would make the 3rd former head coach on the assistants staff.

truesteelerfan
01-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Childress is an offensive idiot! Having lived in MN when they hired him- everyone said he was an O genius. However once he arrived in town, we all found out that while he was the O coordinator in Philly, it was actually Andy Reid calling all the plays....it showed in MN until he was fired- you think we run lots of screens now- he short west coast offense was a nightmare there- if we went the MN route for a new OC, I'd prefer Dennis Green - he put up big numbers with Randy Moss & CO early in Moss's career (ala 1998), but their D never could keep a lead - with LeBeau & CO and that type of O, it could be fun to watch!
Just an idea....

jjpro11
01-23-2012, 02:17 PM
the Minnesota players hated Childress.. i don't want him here.

TRH
01-23-2012, 02:59 PM
the Minnesota players hated Childress.. i don't want him here.

yeah, me too. I certainly don't want him. I actually don't think we have to worry, he's likely not even among the top 20, regardless of how Tomlin knows him

fer522
01-23-2012, 04:36 PM
we need someone like todd haley he would not put up with anyone's shit and he's a good OC

MasterOfPuppets
01-23-2012, 04:40 PM
maybe he could get brett farve out of retirement to be a backup ....:tt02:

madtowndrunkard
01-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Childress is an offensive idiot! Having lived in MN when they hired him- everyone said he was an O genius. However once he arrived in town, we all found out that while he was the O coordinator in Philly, it was actually Andy Reid calling all the plays....it showed in MN until he was fired- you think we run lots of screens now- he short west coast offense was a nightmare there- if we went the MN route for a new OC, I'd prefer Dennis Green - he put up big numbers with Randy Moss & CO early in Moss's career (ala 1998), but their D never could keep a lead - with LeBeau & CO and that type of O, it could be fun to watch!
Just an idea....

Look at the QB's Childress had. Once he got Farve they won 12 games and he threw for over 4000 yards.

Ricco Suavez
01-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Look at the QB's Childress had. Once he got Farve they won 12 games and he threw for over 4000 yards.

Arians did the same with Ben and what did that get him. Sorry had to say it.:rofl:

tanda10506
01-24-2012, 02:09 AM
No Noodles!

ricardisimo
01-24-2012, 02:35 AM
we need someone like todd haley he would not put up with anyone's shit and he's a good OC

Where do people get the idea Haley didn't put up with anyone's shit? I saw Boldin mouthing off to him in the middle of a victory, with impunity as I recall.
The only people he seems to be fearless with is opposing coaches who ran the score up on him, and there were a LOT of those coaches.
Where do people get the idea he was a good OC? When he had Kurt Warner throwing the ball he was a genius. Otherwise, nothing. I suspect most of us would look like geniuses coaching Warner.

Rick5895
01-24-2012, 03:56 AM
Where do people get the idea Haley didn't put up with anyone's shit? I saw Boldin mouthing off to him in the middle of a victory, with impunity as I recall.
The only people he seems to be fearless with is opposing coaches who ran the score up on him, and there were a LOT of those coaches.
Where do people get the idea he was a good OC? When he had Kurt Warner throwing the ball he was a genius. Otherwise, nothing. I suspect most of us would look like geniuses coaching Warner.

Most OC's are great if they have a great QB, not so much with the Derek Andersons of the world or matt cassells of the world.
One only has to look at the NY Giants, Gilbride couldn't get it done here with "Slash" at QB but he appears to be pretty succesful with Eli.
Here's to hoping the Steelers make the right choice.

Kingmagyar
01-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Seems like there is negatives with most of the names mentioned. Maybe the Steelers really should push for Clements in Green Bay by offering him more, and here he would call his own plays unlike in Green Bay where McCarthy calls them. What to do? It is probably going to be Fichter anyway. He ran a spread offense in college and running from the spread (Mendenhall did in college) could be very productive and keep defenses guessing. When it's time for power football bring on the fullback and go traditional and you can still surprise defenses by passing from that formation as well.