PDA

View Full Version : Ding Dong Arians is Gone Mock 1.0

MDSteel15
01-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Now that he is gone, this is my mock!

1. Vontaz Burfict -ILB- Arizona State not changing my thoughts on this pick
2. Kelechi Osemele -G- Iowa St or this one!
3. Mister Cobble -NT- Kentucky his star is rising and he could be Porky's replacement!
4. Terrance Ganaway -FB- Baylor A beast of a back that can block and carry the ball on the goal line when needed!
5. Garth Gerhart -C/G- Arizona State obviously he is smart enough to play either postion and would be an asset along to line!
6. Ryan Lindley -QB- San Diego State looks like he would be a nice backup to Ben
7. Randy Bullocks -K- Texas A&M - need a replacement PERIOD

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Burfict is a definite possibility, but if they interview him and they do not like his attitude then they will skip right over him. He is super hot headed and may be worse than James Harrison with personal fouls. Love the Osemele pick, if he has a good combine and pro-day though he may be going in the middle of the 2nd, but he is there for us in the 2nd we have to snag him. He is versatile and can play right away. I dont know anything on Cobble, but if he can play like Hampton did then I will love him. Not too sure if we will take an RB. We are set with Mendenhall, Redman, Moore, and Batch, and they will most likely just sign a veteran FB rather than have a rookie trying to make holes. I see us definitely taking an OLB or DE rather than an RB/FB. Gerhart I do not know much about either, but he adds depth and youth and is a multi position OL and hopefully he pans out. They will definitely not take a QB either. With Batch and Leftwich still wanting to play and come back for cheap they will sign those two to the vet mins. And Suisham is definitely here to stay, its a waste of a draft pick to take a K when we still need a CB.

MDSteel15
01-23-2012, 12:00 PM
We don not need CBs!!!! What is wrong woth you people?

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-23-2012, 12:02 PM
YES we do lol, Gay is a FA and so is Lewis, if they don't resign them we will have Taylor, Allen, and Brown. and if we resign one of the two then we still only have 5 on the team, if we can add a 6th CB that is young than CB will finally be a strength to team.

MDSteel15
01-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Gay isn't going anywhere and neither is Lewis! And neither is going to cost much to re-sign...

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Gay wants a lot of money for the season he just had! and Lewis can't cover a blind guy! Why would they take a rookie FB anyway! There are so many FB's in the FA's! T. Gannaway barely played at Baylor cause they were a pass only team. He would be just as useful as D. Johnson

PhantomJB93
01-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Gay wants a lot of money for the season he just had! and Lewis can't cover a blind guy! Why would they take a rookie FB anyway! There are so many FB's in the FA's! T. Gannaway barely played at Baylor cause they were a pass only team. He would be just as useful as D. Johnson

Gay had a great season by his standards but he's not going to be too highly paid by anyone else, especially since his most recent film has him getting beat by Tebow. He had a good season but not a "major FA payday" good kind of season. He won't be hard to resign, if we want him.

As far as FB goes, I think we're much more likely to go after one in the draft than bring anybody notable in via FA.

ricardisimo
01-24-2012, 01:54 AM
It always strikes me as odd to do a one-team mock. There are 31 other teams who might have an interest in these guys. :noidea:

I would prefer that, at least until after the Combine, we focus exclusively on the first round only. I say guard, not ILB.

IowaSteeler927
01-24-2012, 02:29 AM
It always strikes me as odd to do a one-team mock. There are 31 other teams who might have an interest in these guys. :noidea:

I would prefer that, at least until after the Combine, we focus exclusively on the first round only. I say guard, not ILB.

Yeah we need help at guard. A young talented offensive lineman would help but I do like the Burflict pick in Round 1 and Osemele in Round 2. Osemele is an Iowa State product which means he isn't going to get nearly the recognition he should be getting. He's got good size, and long arms and I think he could step in at guard immediately. I've seen the guy play as I am a Hawkeye fan and can vouch that he should translate well to the NFL.

Burflict has character issues but he's the kind of nasty inside presence we need at linebacker.

ricardisimo
01-24-2012, 03:29 AM
Yeah we need help at guard. A young talented offensive lineman would help but I do like the Burflict pick in Round 1 and Osemele in Round 2. Osemele is an Iowa State product which means he isn't going to get nearly the recognition he should be getting. He's got good size, and long arms and I think he could step in at guard immediately. I've seen the guy play as I am a Hawkeye fan and can vouch that he should translate well to the NFL.

Burflict has character issues but he's the kind of nasty inside presence we need at linebacker.
So how about Glenn in the first, Osemele in the second, and not worrying about our offensive line again for four or five years? :thumbsup:

As for Burfict, the character issues are evidently something serious, as I have seen mocks place him as low as the third round. That doesn't scream "Steelers". Besides, I'm not sure we need nasty in the middle. Brainy and quick might be more like it. When was the last time we had someone "nasty" at ILB? Lambert, most likely.

IowaSteeler927
01-24-2012, 04:58 AM
So how about Glenn in the first, Osemele in the second, and not worrying about our offensive line again for four or five years? :thumbsup:

As for Burfict, the character issues are evidently something serious, as I have seen mocks place him as low as the third round. That doesn't scream "Steelers". Besides, I'm not sure we need nasty in the middle. Brainy and quick might be more like it. When was the last time we had someone "nasty" at ILB? Lambert, most likely.

I don't think we could go wrong with Glenn but Burfict is just a manimal. I like him and I think he has the skills to be a great ILB at the NFL level. He can combine nasty with being smart and if we do draft him he's got some great guys to learn from. I think the Steelers locker room will get his character issues fixed.

Kingmagyar
01-24-2012, 09:57 AM
After you see Vontaze Burfict's highlights on youtube you may think twice about not wanting or passing on this guy as a Steeler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7achvXsy3Q

I like you mock in terms of addressing needs. I think we need all the positions you mentioned. The top 3 picks all should be devoted to ILB, G, NT. All your picks would help this team, but just add a 3-4 Defensive End in there somewhere as they need backups badly.

BKAnthem
01-24-2012, 11:29 PM
If we go O-Line in the first 2 rounds...But we are talking about Colbert here, this dude could just as likely take 2 wr's...I hope we go Tackle and Guard and Kick Colon inside if he comes back...

pete74
01-25-2012, 04:41 AM
i dont see why alot of people have us grabbing an ILB'er with our 1st rounder. we still have Sylvester who can play. of course it would be nice but we have other more important needs.

Gay will be gone and if we dont belive one of our young corners can start then that becomes a position of need with Taylor getting older.
our offensive line is our main weakness though. we need to upgrade our guards.

Bayz101
01-25-2012, 04:44 AM
i dont see why alot of people have us grabbing an ILB'er with our 1st rounder. we still have Sylvester who can play. of course it would be nice but we have other more important needs.

Gay will be gone and if we dont belive one of our young corners can start then that becomes a position of need with Taylor getting older.
our offensive line is our main weakness though. we need to upgrade our guards.

I'm looking at Mark Barron in the first round, or possibly the best available o-lineman.

MDSteel15
01-25-2012, 08:12 AM
The Steelers 95% of the time go BPA and Burfict is definately the BPA because of the fact that he is going to slide due to his "issues"! But if the staff think that he is beyond "growing up" then that is a different story.... :hatsoff:

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Burfict still has the combine, pro day, and interview process before we say he is the BPA

pete74
01-25-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm looking at Mark Barron in the first round, or possibly the best available o-lineman.

i agree. i want a offensive lineman but wouldnt be surprised if we took Barron. if we feel he can be the next Troy then i would love to grab him

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-25-2012, 01:38 PM
I just don't see us taking Barron at all, there are plenty of S in the draft this year and the S class next season is much better. But knowing Kevin Colbert he is most likely take a QB in the first round or something or trade the pick for pencils

BengalDestroyer
01-28-2012, 08:02 AM
After you see Vontaze Burfict's highlights on youtube you may think twice about not wanting or passing on this guy as a Steeler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7achvXsy3Q

I like you mock in terms of addressing needs. I think we need all the positions you mentioned. The top 3 picks all should be devoted to ILB, G, NT. All your picks would help this team, but just add a 3-4 Defensive End in there somewhere as they need backups badly.

amen, I really like this kid (even more than hightower) he does need to mature though...