PDA

View Full Version : The BEST part of the Rats loss...

DoctorCAD
01-23-2012, 11:37 AM
is that all the Rat fans keep saying how wonderful Flacco played and that he will lead them to the bowl next year.

Stupid fans...Flacco only threw for 216 yards (sorry, meant 316) against a team that has given up an average of 411 passing yards this season.

Seems to me that Flacco is well below average and the Rats are happy with that!

Browns once, Browns always.

EDITED to correct Flaccos unimpressive numbers.

Nevermore
01-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Apparently you read a stat line as well as you D contains Tebow.

Flacco. 22/36. 306. 61.1%. 2/1.

Would have been 3 TDs if Evans holds on to a perfectly thrown pass. Would have been bigger yardage if Cubdiff makes a chip shot.

You and all the talking heads can't believe it but Flacco played lights out. The O line, receivers and kicker were the reason for the loss.

Try to get your facts right before you talk smack.

Nevermore
01-23-2012, 11:55 AM
And while you're at it, the Ravens are technically an expansion team and tge Browns franchise is the same it always was with a couple years when the franchise was suspended.

The players were once the Browns. The franchise never was.

FanSince72
01-23-2012, 12:17 PM
I think Flacco silenced his critics and played a very good game.
And if Evans had clamped down on that pass, Flacco's stats would have included a third TD pass as well as a "game-winner" that would have put them in the SB.

I'll never be a Ravens fan, but I AM a fan of good football and like it or not, the Ravens played a good football game and should have won it.

tony hipchest
01-23-2012, 12:25 PM
the best part of the rats loss is they will live with that "just if" and "woulda, coulda, shoulda,..." for the rest of their lives.

it will haunt them and burn in their guts forever. they were so close to their dream, had it in their hands, and completely dropped it. had that one second, that one instant ended differently, they couldve achieved the glory they so desire.

the other good part is that the patriots didnt win that game. the ratbirds handed it to them. the patriots know they are lucky just to be there and at some point with a horrible defense that luck will run out (just like it did in 07).

:applaudit:

TRH
01-23-2012, 12:32 PM
i actually thought Flacco played well too. His stats were also better than Brady's.
That last pass should have been caught for a TD.....that was on the receiver.....that was thrown PERFECTLY.

What i do have a problem with is how Harbaugh pushed his coach.

Christian Snyder
01-23-2012, 12:45 PM
I think Flacco silenced his critics and played a very good game.
And if Evans had clamped down on that pass, Flacco's stats would have included a third TD pass as well as a "game-winner" that would have put them in the SB.

I'll never be a Ravens fan, but I AM a fan of good football and like it or not, the Ravens played a good football game and should have won it. I think Flacco played against a pathetic defense and had a good game. Don't start giving Count Crappo too much credit.

MzunguT
01-23-2012, 01:17 PM
I think Flacco played against a pathetic defense and had a good game. Don't start giving Count Crappo too much credit.

That's the point. He had a good game, made some nice throws and was unlucky with what other guys of the ofense did. But had he played "lights out" and "lights out" is meant to be in a way that other QB's do, he should've picked that defense apart...

Nevermore
01-23-2012, 01:28 PM
That's right. Don't give him too much credit. He led his team to a sweep if the AFCN, beating the Squeelers twice... Once an embarrassing beat down and the second a two minute drill in your house against your fans and defense. Then he didn't choke away his first postseason game like some other team we know. Beat the Texans and ran another two minute drill in the AFC championship game on the road finishing it off with a strike to lee Evans and leaving his kicker in perfect field goal range.

Yeah, he pretty much sucks. I'd keep going with that.

harrison'samonster
01-23-2012, 01:31 PM
I think Flacco had a pretty good game. I think had Lee Evans caught that ball at the end, we'd be hearing about the newest member of the elite QB's. I'm not saying he is anywhere near that list, but that's what the media would make it out to be.

jjpro11
01-23-2012, 01:44 PM
That's right. Don't give him too much credit. He led his team to a sweep if the AFCN, beating the Squeelers twice... Once an embarrassing beat down and the second a two minute drill in your house against your fans and defense. Then he didn't choke away his first postseason game like some other team we know. Beat the Texans and ran another two minute drill in the AFC championship game on the road finishing it off with a strike to lee Evans and leaving his kicker in perfect field goal range.

let's just put him in the HOF while we're at it.. he had a good game yesterday against the worst pass defense in the league... the week before he was bad enough to be called out by his own teammate. he's inconsistent. he's been that way all season, been that way prior to this season, and he'll be that way the rest of his career.

i saw Ben overcome a 14 point half-time deficit and tie the game against Denver.. the defense choked that game away.. just like they did against the Ravens... right after Ben, again, led them to what should have been a comeback win. we all know what Ben has done to the Ravens in the playoffs, don't we? Flacco can't carry Ben's jock.. get that shit out of here.

DoctorCAD
01-23-2012, 01:53 PM
I did correct my number after re-reading my post.

The fact remains, Flacco couldn't even throw an AVERAGE number of yards against the next to the bottom pass defense in the NFL.

FACT.

I hope they sign him for 10 more years!!!!!

Nevermore
01-23-2012, 02:01 PM
You're right. Ben was much better. Put up 365 vice 306 against the pats. Dominant.

Nevermore
01-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Strange I saw Ben score nothing in the first half and only end up with 290 some yards. 1 TD and a pick. You can keep the Bathroom Bandit. I'll stick with Flacco.

TRH
01-23-2012, 03:02 PM

Wrong. The Steelers beat the Steelers and the Baltimore TEAM beat the Steelers. He didn't do it.
I thought Flacco played a good game yesterday, i've been one of the ones sticking up for him. But i'll take Ben 10 times out of 10...anytime..anyday.

Corey_J
01-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Strange I saw Ben score nothing in the first half and only end up with 290 some yards. 1 TD and a pick. You can keep the Bathroom Bandit. I'll stick with Flacco.
You can KEEP that POS choke artist..........He played descent yesterday in a LOSS ! It dont matter the what ifs and coulda beens.....You guys lost ! Quit making excuses and throwing insignificant Ben (rapist) jokes.........It wont heal your pain. I laughed so hard when they lost. I have a few diehard Ratbird fans as friends and when we lost to the Broncos they were giving me soooo much shit..........I havent heard shit from them yet from yesterday. Flacco will never take them to the superbowl...EVER. Ben has taken us to 3......Congrats on the AFC north sweep. It will never happen again also.
Edit : Cool Joe didnt earn that second TD, Tori Smith EARNED it.........99% of the people in the world could throw that pass.........

MasterOfPuppets
01-23-2012, 03:58 PM
i just hope like hell the rats give flacco that 100 million dollar contract .. they've been fortunate the last few years with not having to pony up the cash at the qb position. flacco has already self proclaimed himself as an "elite" qb .. will he demand elite money ? will the rats pay him like he's "elite" ?
things are gonna get interesting in bmore this year. they've got some key free agents that needs dealt with ( rice , grubbs , johnson , birk , redding , mckinney )
plus some big cap hits on the books for 2012..
suggs - 11 mill
reed - 10 mill
ngata - 17.7 mill
evans - 6 mill
yanda - 6.5
boldin - 6
foxworthy - 8.3

ozzy has some work to do ...

SteelCurtain5643
01-23-2012, 04:06 PM

But who has superbowls and who doesnt? I'll take Big Ben over Flacco any day of the week. The dudes a choker, he never will be a great QB. Just go ask Ed Reed.

tony hipchest
01-23-2012, 04:09 PM

squeelers? :toofunny:

lee evens was a nice offseason aquisition. What did the ravens give up for him> a 4th rounder?

since youre still stuck on our FIRST game this season, how bout we talk about your LAST game last season (not a game separates them) when our 6th round rookie caught a 60 yard bomb to help pave the way for our proud franchises EIGHTH SB appearance.

you know, the same game where the receivers that were supposed to put you over the hump (sure gets tired hearing that same BS every year) :blah: had balls clanking off their hands. you know... the sure handed boldin and houshmandzadeh who coulda esilly helped win the game with the most pop warner of catches.

youre right. joe flacco is GREAT!

to bad your receivers suck.

too bad the ravens missed the best opportunity they ever had to get the the big show. if they cant capitalize getting past the steelers when they are "old, fat, slow, and its over" whatever will they do when we reload?

the ravens squandered the ultimate opportunity when all they had to do was hold onto a ball that was already in their hands and 2 feet were down. just hold on.

too bad. they will wallow in self pity and next year the steeler will be right there standing in their way like they always are, ready to punch them in the mouth and kick them in the nuts. :kick:

the ravens will never shake off that uber-choke job. our futures so bright, i gotta wear shades. :sun:

stb_steeler
01-23-2012, 04:16 PM
i just hope like hell the rats give flacco that 100 million dollar contract .. they've been fortunate the last few years with not having to pony up the cash at the qb position. flacco has already self proclaimed himself as an "elite" qb .. will he demand elite money ? will the rats pay him like he's "elite" ?
things are gonna get interesting in bmore this year. they've got some key free agents that needs dealt with ( rice , grubbs , johnson , birk , redding , mckinney )
plus some big cap hits on the books for 2012..
suggs - 11 mill
reed - 10 mill
ngata - 17.7 mill
evans - 6 mill
yanda - 6.5
boldin - 6
foxworthy - 8.3

ozzy has some work to do ...
I hear the kicker is due 100 mil.....:rofl:

MasterOfPuppets
01-23-2012, 04:24 PM
you know...i think if he'd have caught that ball they'd be in the super bowl.....but he didn't :rofl:

yIH-GrnnPVM

MasterOfPuppets
01-23-2012, 04:33 PM
nevermore.... could you tell us in your own words how disappointed you are that the ravens choked yet again ?

http://www.understandingmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/reporter.jpg

jjpro11
01-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Ravens had the Super Bowl on a silver platter.. and they blew it, again. let's run down some of the breaks the Ravens couldn't capitalize on.

this was by far the weakest AFC playoff field in years. the Ravens finally got to host a playoff game and get a bye.. they were about as healthy as can be.. they got to play a 3rd string rookie QB led team... they avoided having to play the Steelers (0-3 postseason record).. No Peyton Manning led Colts to deal with this year... they faced the Patriots when Brady had one of the worst playoff games of his career. not to mention this is probably the weakest Patriots team to make the Super Bowl in the Brady era. most important of all, they only needed 14 yards to reach the Super Bowl and couldn't get it in

throughout the season they had an easy schedule, benefited from favorable calls week after week, beat their nemesis twice, got the #2 seed.... AND STILL could not get to the big game.

that's gotta suck.. hard to imagine all the stars aligning for two straight seasons.

Buddha Bus
01-23-2012, 05:11 PM
you know...i think if he'd have caught that ball they'd be in the super bowl.....but he didn't :rofl:

And if my grandma had a penis she'd be my grandpa. :sofunny:

Sixburgher
01-23-2012, 05:23 PM

So you come here to talk shit after you lose? Novel concept. Oh, that's right, you already won 2 "Super Bowls" this season by beating the Steelers, didn't you? My bad. When do they get fitted for their rings?

Atlanta Dan
01-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Nevermore nails it - Those of us who believe the Ravens "lost" to New England are missing the point

Ravens only "lost" on the scoreboard - according to The Baltimore Sun the Ravens were once again the best team in the AFC

For the second straight year, the best team in the American Football Conference will not be playing in the Super Bowl.:noidea::rofl:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-column-0123-20120122,0,4224133.column

Blowing playoff games the past 2 years is definitive proof of the Ravens superiority to the AFC teams that have gone to the Super Bowl

FanSince72
01-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Nevermore nails it - Those of us who believe the Ravens "lost" to New England are missing the point

Ravens only "lost" on the scoreboard - according to The Baltimore Sun the Ravens were once again the best team in the AFC

For the second straight year, the best team in the American Football Conference will not be playing in the Super Bowl.:noidea::rofl:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-column-0123-20120122,0,4224133.column

Blowing playoff games the past 2 years is definitive proof of the Ravens superiority to the AFC teams that have gone to the Super Bowl

Well for that matter, the team with THE NUMBER ONE DEFENSE IN THE ENTIRE NFL won't be there either.

So I guess it's sort of a push, huh?

Atlanta Dan
01-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Well for that matter, the team with THE NUMBER ONE DEFENSE IN THE ENTIRE NFL won't be there either.

So I guess it's sort of a push, huh?

???

I do not think anyone (certainly me) is posting that the Steelers were the best team in the AFC at the end of the season - my point is that attempting to justify how good the losing team really was is a laughable exercise in denial

But congrats on once again riding your hobby horse about how overrated you think the Steelers defense is into any thread - surprised you did not reply to my post by working in that Arians was shafted on the verge of creating a top tier offense
:drink:

Twentyvalve
01-23-2012, 07:03 PM
I agree. The best team in the AFC would not choke (especially twice in one game, in a mere seconds). The Ravens deserved to go to the division championship, no doubt. Why can't they live with that? They lost a close game to a quality team. But nooooooooo the Baltimore mentality perpetuates. The "premiere" local newspaper prints that garbage? The thing is, the fans here believe it. Just because they show up it is their divine right to win. If they don't it is not their own fault. Robbed, stolen, ripped off, etc.

That article is stupid. The funny thing is, I can't imagine any other newspaper on the planet printing that, except that rag the Baltimore Sun. I kid you not, that is the mentality here.

???

I do not think anyone (certainly me) is posting that the Steelers were the best team in the AFC at the end of the season - my point is that attempting to justify how good the losing team really was is a laughable exercise in denial

But congrats on once again riding your hobby horse about how overrated you think the Steelers defense is into any thread - surprised you did not reply to my post by working in that Arians was shafted on the verge of creating a top tier offense

PATS16N0
01-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Here's what the Ravens window of opportunity looks like.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbBp2XtU4Docs2lSWRGDP53ARlkMeZL uNlRS-J9P4CXfjS4OWq

PATS16N0
01-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Here's another great footnote in the AFC Championship game.

Terrel Suggs, who does nothing but run his mouth, and who did virtually nothing yesterday, gets pimped slapped by Gronkowski.

ATNd01-hlxE

Get GRONKED in your lady pants, Suggs, you punk ass bitch.

tony hipchest
01-23-2012, 08:09 PM

Terrel Suggs, who does nothing but run his mouth, and who did virtually nothing yesterday, gets pimped slapped by Gronkowski.

:thumbsup:

:rofl: THAT is great!

gronkowski got wide open on his route as well.

ricardisimo
01-23-2012, 10:11 PM
???

Here, here. :drink:

SteelCurtain5643
01-23-2012, 10:20 PM

ATNd01-hlxE

Get GRONKED in your lady pants, Suggs, you punk ass bitch.

Yeah, dude got laid out like a bitch. Bout time somebody did that to him, hopefully now he shuts up.

IowaSteeler927
01-24-2012, 01:38 AM
Yeah, dude got laid out like a bitch. Bout time somebody did that to him, hopefully now he shuts up.

Couldn't of happened to a better guy. I thought horsemouth went to Ball So Hard University? Gronkowski owned his ass. I would caution Gronkowski though, putting your hands up in the area of those teeth is asking for your fingers to get chomped right off.