PDA

View Full Version : Whats the point?

Stillers#1
07-02-2006, 11:24 AM
OK, what is th point of having a "blast furnace" to talk smack in, if the mods are gonna selectively close threads that people are talking personal smack in? If you are going to close a few of them, you should close all of them. Just b/c 3 to be 4 got his lunch handed to him by two mildy retarded Bengal fans, doesn't mean the rest of us didn't want a chance to at least defend the honor of the site by talking soem smack back at Bengal Brian and his hypoglycemic friend. That's lame BRC for shutting those two links down.

BlackNGold203
07-02-2006, 11:58 AM
I believe the Blast Furnace is for talking FOOTBALL smack...those threads were absolute horse crap...and of no value whatsoever....kudos for shutting them down

BlitzburghRockCity
07-02-2006, 12:11 PM
203 has it correct. The Blast Furnace was created to talk Football Smack...its not a personal bashing and criticizing campground. It's made to hold all the heated debates, that's why its not so heavily moderated and you're allowed to swear in this forum more than out in the other areas of SF.

Sometimes you get into a war of words when you're debating topics and football is no different. You're just allowed to be alittle more liberal in here.

Bengal Brians smack is all over the Blast Furnace. There's plenty of threads all over the place you can reply to him at.

Livinginthe past
07-02-2006, 12:12 PM
I happen to agree with 203 and the mods.

Im sure there are plenty of football board out there where accepted smack includes accusing fellow posters of paedophile tendencies - im pretty sure this isn't one of them.

As far as I understand it, the furnace is for calling out each others teams - not each other.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-02-2006, 12:34 PM

Im sure there are plenty of football board out there where accepted smack includes accusing fellow posters of paedophile tendencies - im pretty sure this isn't one of them.

As far as I understand it, the furnace is for calling out each others teams - not each other.NM

I really appreciate the way you stated that....I know I get VERY irritated at some of the trolls who come in and talk stupid.. and I have been guilty of retaliating...but it IS nice to see cooler heads prevail..

Some of the best dissagreements I have had have been with you...not slamming each other but actually hashing things out on a very cerebral level...I appreciate ya brother!!

Stillers#1
07-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Then lock all of the threads like that, don't just pick and choose.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Nobody is picking and choosing. If you had read the recent threads that have gone up you would have seen that we are currently working on trying to catch up with the ones that have gotten out of hand before. Besides the fact that we aren't going to lock every single thread if just one or two people say a few things that are alittle outta control. If we can save the thread by asking those who are involved to cool it, and things get back on track then all is well. If we ask those individuals to chill and they still do not, we can also delete or edit thier posts. We dont just go around locking threads at will whenever we feel like it !! We try and save the thread first before we consider locking it or deleting it!

CantStop85
07-02-2006, 02:36 PM
The mods and admins have lives too.

Stillers#1
07-02-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm not saying they don't, and I guess I did create this thread before I had all of the facts, I just thought certain posts were being censored, sorry for being a dickhead.

geran42o
07-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Why not promote a few more members as Mods, we only have 2 and 2 Mods can't catch everthing. Just a suggestion.

Livinginthe past
07-02-2006, 03:37 PM
I really appreciate the way you stated that....I know I get VERY irritated at some of the trolls who come in and talk stupid.. and I have been guilty of retaliating...but it IS nice to see cooler heads prevail..

Some of the best dissagreements I have had have been with you...not slamming each other but actually hashing things out on a very cerebral level...I appreciate ya brother!!

Thanks Lamberts,

Feeling is mutual.

I enjoy a debate/disagreement as much as the next man/woman - its always appreciated when the other side argues the topic rather than the person.

I dont mind admitting I have had my views altered on a few subjects just by listening to guys like yourself.

NM

tony hipchest
07-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Just b/c 3 to be 4 got his lunch handed to him by two mildy retarded Bengal fans, doesn't mean the rest of us didn't want a chance to at least defend the honor of the site by talking soem smack back at Bengal Brian and his hypoglycemic friend1st of all brian and slave couldnt hand lunch to old folks in a retirement home cafeteria.

this bengalfan lovefest is pretty revolting. atleast cantstop85 actually brings some football talk to the table. bengalslave comes here and attacks the boards female posters and the board itself. which means he attacks EVERY member of SF. he puffs his chest and talks about how weak the blastfurnace is and how he owns it, yet any time ive invited him down here he runs scared. thats cause hes got nothing, unless its at 3 in the morning and no one else is posting.

but i guess if you have a stewie av or a man grappling sig, that makes you cool. atleast i let them 2 punks know they were just that, PUNKS.

i checked out the catbox just to see how tough and manly it really is and i saw the admin ripping hburghxl06 simply for being a steelerfan and a poster named kittykicker get banned just cause the admin quickly got sensitive and his feelings were hurt. yet they whine about getting banned here as they still post??????

theyre here to flame and have gotten their behinds handed to them every time they appear. and they never talk football cause fact of the matter is, when youre a bengalfan, there is no football to talk about. just the tradition of losers, from loser fans of losers. bengals lost. steelers won their 5th. suck it, kuntcats

i agree they shouldnt be alowed to get in the 1st slap if were not allowed to punch back. brian had to send his daddy over to handle his heavy lifting for cripes sakes. weak

BBC
07-02-2006, 04:38 PM
and a poster named kittykicker get banned just cause the admin quickly got sensitive and his feelings were hurt. yet they whine about getting banned here as they still post??????

In their defense, that kittykicker username was a joke made by one of the staff members. That entire thing was all planned out.

I'm still trying to figure out what a retart is though...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=120423&postcount=8

:hunch:

CantStop85
07-02-2006, 05:12 PM
In their defense, that kittykicker username was a joke made by one of the staff members. That entire thing was all planned out.
Sure was funny though.

tony hipchest
07-02-2006, 05:32 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what a retart is though...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=120423&postcount=8

:hunch: i caught that. i previously posted that they are so bored there they pretend to be steelerfans to stir up some some action. i guess it was an ex- sf poster bengalfan21

its really besides the point and there really is no defense. point is their admin bit hook, line, and sinker. 2nd point is that the board admin and mods come over here bitching and whining how lame this board is and getting banned and beg our posters to join there, and "smack" with them, when everyone here knows they will be promptly banned. i know you post over there and are probably an established poster who would be granted more lee way but if i were to join and post the same flame they have posted here i wouldnt last 1/10th as long as those girls have here.

the sad sacks are still sour over their qb falling to injury in their teams biggest game in years. but you know what? backups like k. warner and t. brady were able to lead their teams to sb victory. f. reich was able to come in in the playoffs and lead the greatest comeback ever. even t. maddox was able to lead the greatest steeler playoff comeback as a back up. the 2 flamers need to get over it and just come to grips with the fact that the steelers are the better team. always have been, always will. nothing those 2 tools say will change that.

3 to be 4
07-02-2006, 05:35 PM
OK, what is th point of having a "blast furnace" to talk smack in, if the mods are gonna selectively close threads that people are talking personal smack in? If you are going to close a few of them, you should close all of them. Just b/c 3 to be 4 got his lunch handed to him by two mildy retarded Bengal fans, doesn't mean the rest of us didn't want a chance to at least defend the honor of the site by talking soem smack back at Bengal Brian and his hypoglycemic friend. That's lame BRC for shutting those two links down.

excuse me? i got my lunch handed to me? by posting about 200 places BB was banned from? that got me about 400 rep points? I DONT THINK SO!!!

3 to be 4
07-02-2006, 05:36 PM

As far as I understand it, the furnace is for calling out each others teams - not each other.

NM

oh, shut up!

Prosdo
07-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Why not promote a few more members as Mods, we only have 2 and 2 Mods can't catch everthing. Just a suggestion.

That idea has been discussed. Could very well happen.

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 05:42 PM
That idea has been discussed. Could very well happen.

i think i would be a GREAT mod :bouncy:

tony hipchest
07-02-2006, 05:46 PM
That idea has been discussed. Could very well happen. i nominate 3 to be 4 :sofunny:

prosdo, you and blitz, do a fine job, but i can see where keeping track of all the posts can be taxing, especially with the increased members and traffic. just wait till the season starts! then i really wont envy the job you all do.

83-Steelers-43
07-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Personally, I would go with both Tony hipchest and DIESELMAN as mods.

Just my two cents.

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 05:49 PM
i nominate 3 to be 4 :sofunny:

lol ya after he JUST broke the rule we were discussing? :dang:

"vote for geez, mod of the furnace"

pedro aint got nothin on me

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 05:51 PM

Just my two cents.

no way u need someone like me :cool:

tony hipchest
07-02-2006, 05:53 PM

Just my two cents. oh, hell-no! dieselman? yes!

me? while im on here enough, im probably one of the reasons more moderation is needed. according to all the bengalfans i shouldve been banned long ago and bring down the integrity of our fine forum.

CantStop85
07-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Here we go again...

tony hipchest
07-02-2006, 05:54 PM
no way u need someone like me :cool:.... to clean the cybertoilets, maybe :bouncy:

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 05:55 PM
oh, hell-no! dieselman? yes!

me? while im on here enough, im probably one of the reasons more moderation is needed. according to all the bengalfans i shouldve been banned long ago and bring down the integrity of our fine forum.

should i make a "best of" quote list like u did me? lol

83-Steelers-43
07-02-2006, 05:55 PM

I never witnessed you breaking any rules. I witnessed you putting a few bandwagon Bengal fans in their place inside the Blast Furnace. Well, eitherway....you got my vote brother. :smile:

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 05:56 PM
.... to clean the cybertoilets, maybe :bouncy:

no way, brian is the toiletbrush, remember? :sofunny:

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 05:58 PM
I never witnessed you breaking any rules. I witnessed you putting a few bandwagon Bengal fans in their place inside the Blast Furnace. Well, eitherway....you got my vote brother. :smile:

according to the mods that would have been breaking the rules, personal attacks were shooting out of tonys keyboard like teeth out of bens mouth.

tony hipchest
07-02-2006, 05:59 PM
no way, brian is the toiletbrush, remember? :sofunny: :sofunny: lmao! :sofunny: thats right.

some of 3 to be 4's finest work!

Black@Gold Forever32
07-02-2006, 05:59 PM

Tony, you would be a very good choice for a mod. You talked smack in the smack forum like you should. Only reason you did also was some Bengals fans were acting like fools and not really adding anything usefull to Steelers fever.

CantStop85
07-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Having a few mods watch individual forums might be pretty effective. Say, one to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers discussion, one to watch NFL Football discussion, one to watch the Blast Furnace, etc.

*Shrugs*

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Having a few mods watch individual forums might be pretty effective. Say, one to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers discussion, one to watch NFL Football discussion, one to watch the Blast Furnace, etc.

*Shrugs*

oh it would

vote for geez, mud slinging commercials of tony comming soon...

Prosdo
07-02-2006, 06:05 PM
lol there isn't any voting on new mods :stickout:

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 06:06 PM

so i should stage a coup? :blurp:

Prosdo
07-02-2006, 06:07 PM
lol No I don't think so

tony hipchest
07-02-2006, 06:08 PM
should i make a "best of" quote list like u did me? lol actually, if you could compile a list of my "greatest hits vol. 1" that would be great! i can use 1 single post to remind me how funny i am, to refer back to, without searching through countless threads. now get to it. :bouncy:

and while youre at it, id like one made for bengal brian, bengal dave, private dansr :salute:, and UK CANDY A$$. (vols. 2, 3, 4, 5)

3 to be 4
07-02-2006, 06:14 PM
according to the mods that would have been breaking the rules, personal attacks were shooting out of tonys keyboard like teeth out of bens mouth.

the Bengals suck!

tony hipchest
lol there isn't any voting on new mods :stickout: while i appreciate the vote of confidence from my fellow posters, as stated above, i think our current mods do a remarkable job. as they have said, with a little help from us all, we can all help make their jobs a little easier, thus negating the need for an extra mod.

CantStop85
actually, if you could compile a list of my "greatest hits vol. 1" that would be great! i can use 1 single post to remind me how funny i am, to refer back to, without searching through countless threads. now get to it. :bouncy:

and while youre at it, id like one made for bengal brian, bengal dave, private dansr :salute:, and UK CANDY A$$. (vols. 2, 3, 4, 5)
Don't forget Tha Rock.

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 06:16 PM
lol No I don't think so

ok then ill let the "higher ups" decide

whether or not im in the running is another story lol

tony hipchest
07-02-2006, 06:17 PM
the Bengals suck!
:hasign: :sign09: :yeehaw:

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 06:19 PM
:hasign: :sign09: :yeehaw:

what is that anyways, a llama?

tony hipchest
07-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Don't forget Tha Rock. no, while i have engaged in making fun of his lingo and points, he doesnt flame in the blast furnace, nor have i ever attacked him. hes got as much right to be here as i, and im positive geez aka al raidurz r cellr dwellurz's list of my posts against the rock would be very short.

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 06:23 PM
no, while i have engaged in making fun of his lingo and points, he doesnt flame in the blast furnace, nor have i ever attacked him. hes got as much right to be here as i, and im positive geez aka al raidurz r cellr dwellurz's list of my posts against the rock would be very short.

were not cellar dwellars we just needed a nap in a quiet place

tony hipchest
07-02-2006, 06:24 PM
what is that anyways, a llama? its the dali llama.

who knows. it just has a banana riding on it though.

CantStop85
07-02-2006, 06:24 PM
no, while i have engaged in making fun of his lingo and points, he doesnt flame in the blast furnace, nor have i ever attacked him. hes got as much right to be here as i, and im positive geez aka al raidurz r cellr dwellurz's list of my posts against the rock would be very short.
Oh, you meant posts against those people...I thought you meant posts by those people. A collection of Tha Rock's posts would be quite entertaining, that's why I mentioned it. :dang:

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 06:26 PM
who knows. it just has a banana riding on it though.

which makes is hilarious all on its own, right? lol

tony hipchest
07-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Oh, you meant posts against those people...I thought you meant posts by those people. A collection of Tha Rock's posts would be quite entertaining, that's why I mentioned it. :dang:
here you go then:

???›??ˆ?ˆ??•†??™??•??‹?‘—??œ?
?Š??‰?›??—œ?”???‹ ??†’???Š???Ÿ??Š??
„?œ‹?™??…???”???€???? ???›??ˆ?ˆ??•†??
™??•??‹?‘—??œ??Š??‰?›??—œ?”???‹ ??†’???Š???Ÿ??Š??„?œ‹?™??…???”???€???? ???›??ˆ?ˆ??•†??™??•??‹?‘—??œ??Š??‰?›??—œ
?”???‹ ??†’???Š???Ÿ??Š??„?œ‹?™??…???”???€???? ???›??ˆ?ˆ??•†??™??•??‹?‘—??œ??Š??‰?›??—œ?”???‹ ??†’???Š???Ÿ??Š??„?œ
‹?™??…???”???€???? ???›??ˆ?
??›??ˆ?ˆ??•†??™??•??‹?‘—??œ??Š??‰?›??—œ? ”???‹ ??†’???Š???Ÿ??Š??„?œ‹?™??…???”???€???ˆ ??•†??™??•??‹?‘—??œ??Š??‰?›??—œ?”???‹ ??†’???Š???Ÿ??Š????›??ˆ?ˆ??•†??™??•??‹?‘—? ?œ??Š??‰?›??—œ?”???‹ ??†’???Š???Ÿ??Š??„?œ‹?™??…
???”???€???„ ?œ‹?™??
…???”???€?????›??ˆ?ˆ??•†??
™??•??‹?‘—??œ ??
Š??‰?›??—œ?”???‹ ??†’???Š??
???Ÿ???›??ˆ?ˆ??•†??™??•??‹?‘—??œ?? ???›??ˆ?ˆ??•†??™??•??‹?‘—??œ??Š??‰?›??—œ?”???‹ ??†’???Š???Ÿ??Š??„?œ
‹?™??…???”???€???
? Š??‰?›??—
œ?”???‹ ??†’???
Š???Ÿ??Š??„?œ‹?™??…???”???€???? Š??„?œ???›??ˆ?ˆ??•†??™??•??‹?‘—??œ??Š??‰?›??—œ ?” ???‹ ??†’???Š???Ÿ??
Š??„?œ‹?™??…???”???€??‹? ™??…???”???€??????›??ˆ?ˆ??•†??™??•??‹?‘—??œ? ?Š??‰?›??—œ?”???‹ ??†’???Š???Ÿ??Š??„?œ‹?

geez is gonna compile a list of the personal attacks i threw his way. of course it woulda been much more effective itf i hadnt already compiled and posted a list of all his bogus and inflamitory posts. its all good. thats in the past and he has since turned a corner and attempted to contribute to this board, whichim all for, regardless of team affiliation. but im still waiting for that consolidated list of some of my greatest hits.

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 06:33 PM
here you go then:

???????????
??????? ?????????
??????????? ???????
??????????? ?????????????????? ??????????????
?? ?????????????????? ???????????????? ??????????
?????????? ????
?????????????? ??? ?????????????????? ????????????? ?????????????????? ???????? ????????????
???????? ???
??????????????
????? ??
?????? ??????
?????????????? ???????????????? ??????????
?????????
? ?????
??? ?????
??????????????? ???????????????????? ?? ????????
???????????? ???????????????????? ??????? ??????????

geez is gonna compile a list of the personal attacks i threw his way. of course it woulda been much more effective itf i hadnt already compiled and posted a list of all his bogus and inflamitory posts. its all good. thats in the past and he has since turned a corner and attempted to contribute to this board, whichim all for, regardless of team affiliation. but im still waiting for that consolidated list of some of my greatest hits.

actually they deleted the threads where your best work resided... sorry

Black@Gold Forever32
07-02-2006, 06:34 PM
while i appreciate the vote of confidence from my fellow posters, as stated above, i think our current mods do a remarkable job. as they have said, with a little help from us all, we can all help make their jobs a little easier, thus negating the need for an extra mod.

I agree Prosdo and BRC do a very good job. Just saying if the brass of Steelers Fever wanted more mods I think you would be a good one Tony.

BBC
07-02-2006, 06:45 PM

If I may make a suggestion...

I think 83-43 and Clevestinks would both make great Mods if need be.

CantStop85
07-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Clevestinks and BB2W would be good choices...they've been here longer than almost anyone. Tony would be a good choice for the blast furnace mod. Wow, it seemed like Tony had been here forever, but he actually registered after I did. Weird.

tony hipchest
07-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Clevestinks and BB2W would be good choices...they've been here longer than almost anyone. Tony would be a good choice for the blast furnace mod. Wow, it seemed like Tony had been here forever, but he actually registered after I did. Weird.whats weird is you could actually be considered a veteran on this board. jul 05???? holy crap!

and clevestinks would be a perfect mod. if asked myself i would definitely defer to cleve! and bb2w has got mad respect. he is awesome for his board contrubutions. 83- 43 is an excellent board contributor as proven by his quote in a pennsylvania newspaper.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Just for the record as Prosdo mentioned, the idea of adding another moderator or 2 is being discussed and should happen at some point soon, atleast before the start of the season if not sooner.

Mods are appointed by the current management team and approved by the Admin. If we let everyone vote then people's feeling would get hurt way and end up getting upset way to easily so to avoid any dramatic occurences like that, its common protocol on forums for the management team to appoint the next mods.

Don't worry, myself and prosdo are well aware of all the good candidates here on SF. :tt:

One option that Ive been thinking about recently is asking Mike about appointing a couple new mods and perhaps giving each of them a few forums to moderate till they "get their feet wet" so to speak and then giving them more powers as time goes on, so we'll see.

CantStop85
07-03-2006, 11:56 PM
At least that will give us a little bit of excitement to tide us over until the season starts.

Koopa
07-04-2006, 12:34 AM
Just for the record as Prosdo mentioned, the idea of adding another moderator or 2 is being discussed and should happen at some point soon, atleast before the start of the season if not sooner.

Mods are appointed by the current management team and approved by the Admin. If we let everyone vote then people's feeling would get hurt way and end up getting upset way to easily so to avoid any dramatic occurences like that, its common protocol on forums for the management team to appoint the next mods.

Don't worry, myself and prosdo are well aware of all the good candidates here on SF. :tt:

One option that Ive been thinking about recently is asking Mike about appointing a couple new mods and perhaps giving each of them a few forums to moderate till they "get their feet wet" so to speak and then giving them more powers as time goes on, so we'll see.

cleve for mod 2006 lol.........the good thing about vbulletin is that it is very user friendly and it's not very hard to get used to

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-04-2006, 01:23 AM
BB2W would be a great mod for a Sig forum or any other, Tony you get a vote also. I'm also sure that whoever Prosdo and BRC choose will be eminately qualified

DIESELMAN
07-04-2006, 05:00 AM
The Management has done a kick ass job with SF.....Whoever they appoint as mod I'm positive will do a kick ass job as well.....:helmet: