PDA

View Full Version : Bengals to miss Playoffs?

Indy_Steelers
07-02-2006, 12:01 PM
I was watching ESPN on the morning of July 1, 2006 and the panel they had said that the Bengals will not make the playoffs and that the Steelers would be the #2 seed in the playoffs.

Just thought I would fule the fire:smile:

83-Steelers-43
07-02-2006, 12:05 PM
For the record this is how the "experts" on ESPN picked:

NFC:

#6 seed Atlanta Falcons
#5 seed Dallas Cowboys
#4 seed Chicago Bears
#3 seed Washington Redskins
#2 seed Seattle Seahawks
#1 seed Carolina Panthers

AFC:

#6 seed Baltimore Ravens
#5 seed Kansas City Chiefs
#4 seed Denver Broncos
#3 seed New England Patriots
#2 seed Pittsburgh Steelers
#1 seed Indianapolis Colts

Reason for them not choosing the Bengals: Palmer's an "iffy" proposition, and their defense won't lead the league in take away ratio and they also have problems with tackling.

Next week they "play out the play-offs".

Black@Gold Forever32
07-02-2006, 12:09 PM

NFC:

#6 seed will be Atlanta Falcons
#5 seed will be the Cowboys
#4 seed will be the Chicago Bears
#3 seed will be the Washington Redskins
#2 seed will be the Seattle Seahawks
#1 seed will be the Carolina Panthers

AFC:

#6 seed will be the Baltimore Ravens
#5 seed will be the Kansas City Chiefs
#4 seed will be the Denver Broncos
#3 seed will be the New England Patriots
#2 seed will be ... the Steelers
#1 seed will be the Indianapolis Colts

Reason for them not choosing the Bengals: Palmer's an "iffy" proposition, and their defense won't lead the league in take away ratio and they also have problems with tackling.

I disagree with the Ravens making the playoffs. The Ravens are way overrated like always. Sure they picked up Steve McNair. But he will be hurt by mid season I'm sure and then the Ravens will be back to Boller.

SteelerMurf
07-02-2006, 12:09 PM
But the media always loves to pick Baltimore. Does anyone think just McNair alone is enough to fix that team? I would definitely pick Cincy over Baltimore

Jeremy
07-02-2006, 12:11 PM
I see nothing wrong with those picks. Baltimore will be tougher than people think. We're still going to smash them, but they're going to be tougher than people think.

83-Steelers-43
07-02-2006, 12:19 PM
I disagree with a few:

Redskins at #3? Who's going to throw the rock? Brunnell of the late 90's? Sure. Brunnell of 2006? I don't think so.

Ravens at #6? I don't even seen them making the playoffs. The same is said every year about that team and they always end up playing dismal football. McNair won't last past week eight. I'll take the Bengals.

Patriots at #3? I'll take the Bronco's over the Patriots. Patriots at #5 sounds about right with the Bengals at #4.

Falcons at #6? I'll take the Giants over the Falcons. I guess they are still pimping Vick even though I think he's the most overrated football player in the NFL.

BlackNGold203
07-02-2006, 12:26 PM
GAWD...these people LOVE Peyton Manning......

Ravens in and the Bengals out?....I'm not seeing that

I see a scenario where the Jags can overtake the Edge-less Colts...

Black@Gold Forever32
07-02-2006, 12:30 PM
I disagree with a few:

Redskins at #3? Who's going to throw the rock? Brunnell of the late 90's? Sure. Brunnell of 2006? I don't think so.

Ravens at #6? I don't even seen them making the playoffs. The same is said every year about that team and they always end up playing dismal football. McNair won't last past week eight. I'll take the Bengals.

Patriots at #3? I'll take the Bronco's over the Patriots. Patriots at #5 sounds about right with the Bengals at #4.

Falcons at #6? I'll take the Giants over the Falcons. I guess they are still pimping Vick even though I think he's the most overrated football player in the NFL.

Yea, the Skins at 3 was a real mystery to me as well. Their three top teams were all from the NFC. I guess they really think Randle El will bring that much to the Skins. They also brought in Brandon Lloyd. But like you said who is going to throw the ball. Maybe El gets a few more pass attempts with the Skins since Brunell is about done. The Skins did draft Jason Campbell. But if Campbell starts I think its likely he will struggle.

Jeremy
07-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Vick is overrated, but Eli Manning is terrible. Unless he makes a massive improvement this off-season, it's going to be another 8-8 season for the G-Men.

83-Steelers-43
07-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Yea, the Skins at 3 was a real mystery to me as well. Their three top teams were all from the NFC. I guess they really think Randle El will bring that much to the Skins. They also brought in Brandon Lloyd. But like you said who is going to throw the ball. Maybe El gets a few more pass attempts with the Skins since Brunell is about done. The Skins did draft Jason Campbell. But if Campbell starts I think its likely he will struggle.

Even if they are expecting and actually get great play from Randle El, you still need a QB that's capable of throwing the ball. It's an obvious and no brainer statement on my part, but it's the truth. It's just boggles my mind that they would have them ranked at #3.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-02-2006, 12:35 PM
GAWD...these people LOVE Peyton Manning......

Ravens in and the Bengals out?....I'm not seeing that

I see a scenario where the Jags can overtake the Edge-less Colts...

As much as I can't stand the Colts and so sick of them. I don't see the Jaqs overtaking the Colts just yet. True, Edge is a big loss. But has the Jaqs offense really gotten any better? I don't think so. The Jaqs lost their best reciever when Jimmy Smith retired. I know they have alot of young recievers in the fold. But they all are unproven at this point. The Jaqs also drafted Mercedes Lewis the TE from UCLA. He could help the passing game out. Now if Matt Jones and Reggie Williams step their games up, then I could see maybe the Jaqs maybe winning the AFC South. Another factor for them is always the health status of Fred Taylor. The Jaqs still have that tough defense. So if they do improve on offense it could get interesting.

Jeremy
07-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Fred Taylor has tossed some live gernades at Jags management this off season. It could make for some interesting times in the locker room. While I like Jack Del Rio as a coach, I don't think he has the team to hang with the Colts.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-02-2006, 12:40 PM
This whole Steve McNair being the saving grace in Baltimore is just hysterical. The guy is as fragile as a china doll in a 2 yr olds bedroom on christmas morning! Jamal Lewis is inconsistent, their defense is a shadow of its former self. They have some decent WR's now but its not enough to bring them back to the promised land by any stretch. Besides its not like we've never played against Steve McNair before. We can handle him and the ratbirds !

Livinginthe past
07-02-2006, 12:41 PM
I think the experts have the Bengals dropping out of playoff contention for two reasons.

1. Carsons injury - even if he returns to action straight away he may not be at 100%

2. The Bengals schedule is absolutely brutal - possibly the most difficult in the NFL this year.

Baltimore does seem to be a fashionable pick, but they do have a dominating D.

Boller was poor last year, but you have to give him or McNair some weapons if you expect him to succeed.

NM

83-Steelers-43
07-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Vick is overrated, but Eli Manning is terrible. Unless he makes a massive improvement this off-season, it's going to be another 8-8 season for the G-Men.

Another 8-8 season? They went 11-5 last season and won the NFC East title. I wouldn't go as far as stating "he's terrible". As the season progressed he got better and better and led his team into the playoffs. That's not exactly "terrible" if you ask me.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Even if they are expecting and actually get great play from Randle El, you still need a QB that's capable of throwing the ball. It's an obvious and no brainer statement on my part, but it's the truth. It's just boggles my mind that they would have them ranked at #3.

I know bro. I was just joking about El. There is still so much talk about Randle El and is great throw he made in the Super Bowl that some people tend to over value him. The Redskins need a QB bad. Sure, Mark Brunell started off very well last year. But by the end of the year he was terrible and didn't play very well in both playoff games for the Redskins. Plus, if the Redskins do start Jason Campbell, which I think the Skins should do. You took the guy in the first round...so play him and see what he is made of. If Campbell struggles go back to Brunell.

P.S. Man I must be bored. I'm talking about the Redskins. We need the Steelers season to start bad bro.

83-Steelers-43
07-02-2006, 12:45 PM
P.S. Man I must be bored. I'm talking about the Redskins. We need the Steelers season to start bad bro.

I hear ya...:smile:

BlackNGold203
07-02-2006, 12:48 PM

Amen to that...when the main topic is Michael Vick...Steve McNair...and the freakin Redskins...things are tough....LOL

4 weeks til Latrobe......

Jeremy
07-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Another 8-8 season? They went 11-5 last season and won the NFC East title. I wouldn't go as far as stating "he's terrible". As the season progressed he got better and better and led his team into the playoffs. That's not exactly "terrible" if you ask me.

Ok, let me put it this way. He's not as good as the hype. Time after time last season we had to listen to every talking head in sight tell us all how great Eli Manning was going to be. Guess what, he's never going to live up to the hype. I have been saying it since he played at Ole Miss, if his name was Eli Miller, he's just another quaterback. That team was as good as they were because Tiki Barber put that team on his back because Manning and Burress couldn't step up when it counted. If Barber has another career season, the Giants will be in good shape. But if he comes back down to Earth, the Giants are just another team fighting to get to .500.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Amen to that...when the main topic is Michael Vick...Steve McNair...and the freakin Redskins...things are tough....LOL

4 weeks til Latrobe......

I love talking about other NFL teams and players. But it nots the same as talking about the Steelers. I miss watching that team so much. I'm ready for some Steelers football. Last year was such a great ride I didn't want it to end.

BlackNGold203
07-02-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm ashamed to say that I didnt find this site until the playoffs last year...I am REALLY looking forward to dissecting training camp with everyone here.....:cool:

83-Steelers-43
07-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Ok, let me put it this way. He's not as good as the hype. Time after time last season we had to listen to every talking head in sight tell us all how great Eli Manning was going to be. Guess what, he's never going to live up to the hype. I have been saying it since he played at Ole Miss, if his name was Eli Miller, he's just another quaterback. That team was as good as they were because Tiki Barber put that team on his back because Manning and Burress couldn't step up when it counted. If Barber has another career season, the Giants will be in good shape. But if he comes back down to Earth, the Giants are just another team fighting to get to .500.

Well, the hype is to be expected. He's a Manning. In my opinion, while it's still early to say if he's going to bomb or be a great QB, taking your team to the playoffs in your first year is a step in the right direction. Did he have help from the guys around him? Sure. So did Ben in his first year. That's why you have teammates. It's a team game.

As for the playoffs. Well, once again, how did Ben do in his first year during the playoffs? Not very good. It's a different animal. I'm not comparing the two, but simply using Ben's situation as an example. I feel he will only get better and better as he get's more experience (sound familar?). He's still young. Personally, if I was a coach or owner of a football team and my rookie QB went 11-5 and helped lead us to the playoffs, I would be very content.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-02-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm ashamed to say that I didnt find this site until the playoffs last year...I am REALLY looking forward to dissecting training camp with everyone here.....:cool:

I didn't find this site until April of this year. But I have been a member of aboutfootball forum for the past two years. Its a good forum during the season when some Steelers post on there on a regular basis. But during the off-season there isn't many Steelers fans. So I wanted to find another forum and found this one and glad I did. Its a great forum.

lilyoder6
07-02-2006, 01:03 PM
the ravens should of never let go of trent dilfer after they won the superbowl. i wonder how the experts will finish up on there playoffs on sportscenter this upcoming week

The JoKeR
07-02-2006, 01:25 PM
:dang: I disagree with a few:

If you're gonna put the bengals at #4, you'll have to put the Steelers at #5 or #6. Top 4 teams in the playoffs are the division winners. The final two spots are wild card teams.

83-Steelers-43
07-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Whoops :dang: ....thanks brother.

#1 Steelers
#2 Colts
#3 Broncos
#4 Patriots
#5 Bengals
#6 Chiefs

CantStop85
07-02-2006, 03:03 PM
#1 Broncos
#2 Steelers
#3 Colts
#4 Patriots
#5 Bengals
#6 Chiefs

At this point I would go with these as the playoff teams. I think the Broncos will have a big year...they'll be the dominant team in the regular season much like the Colts of last year. I still don't see Steve McNair leading the Ravens to the playoffs. There are just too many question marks: Can McNair last a whole season? Is Jamal Lewis still going to blow? Can anyone besides Ogden block? Will Ray Lewis stay healthy? Will Ed Reed stay healthy? Can Ngata be a starter in the NFL?

If Steve McNair's the savior...why couldn't he lead the Titans to the playoffs last year?

Jeremy
07-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Like everything else, time will tell with Eli. I've simply never been that impressed with his play. The Giants are Tiki Barber's team and will be as long as he's there. That'll let Eli grow just like Jerome's presence allowed Ben to grow. This season is huge in Ben's development and Eli's first season without Tiki will be huge in his development.

But that team is going nowhere in the playoffs as long as Burress is their premier reciever.

SteelCityMan786
07-02-2006, 04:00 PM

NFC:

#6 seed Atlanta Falcons
#5 seed Dallas Cowboys
#4 seed Chicago Bears
#3 seed Washington Redskins
#2 seed Seattle Seahawks
#1 seed Carolina Panthers

AFC:

#6 seed Baltimore Ravens
#5 seed Kansas City Chiefs
#4 seed Denver Broncos
#3 seed New England Patriots
#2 seed Pittsburgh Steelers
#1 seed Indianapolis Colts

I am disgusted with the the Ratbirds being put in. Haven't they considered McNair is past his prime and if Boller he still there he sucks.

My projected Seeds

NFC
1. Carolina
2. Washington
3. Chicago
4. Arizona
5. Atlanta
6. Tampa Bay

AFC
1. Pittsburgh(we break the curse of losing the AFC Championship at Home)
2. Kansas City
3. New England
4. Jacksonville
5. Cincinnati
6. Indianapolis

NFC Championship:Washington OVER Carolina
AFC Championship:Pittsburgh OVER New England
Super Bowl XLI:Pittsburgh OVER Washington

silver & black
07-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Wow! I can't believe the Raiders were left out! :rolleyes: :sofunny:

As for Kansas City being ranked #5...I aint buying it. They are in the same position as the Raiders were 3 years ago... they are OLD! Their best shot was last year. They're due for a major melt down. Not only that but, they have a new coach, and no matter what anyone thinks, it will be an adjustment. If they make the playoffs at all, it will be as a wild card. I doubt they see the playoffs.

Denver. Well...... I hate Denver!:boxing:
I do however, have to admit, they are a pretty good team. I do think Jake the Fake had an incredibly lucky year last year... he just aint that good. If he reverts back to his normal self, the donkeys are going to have a rough year. here's keeping my fingers crossed for that! :bouncy:

The Colts are going to have a down year, no matter how good Manning plays. Without Edge, the pass rush is gonna be furious, and we all know how old Peyton does under pressure!:sofunny:

The AFC, as I see it, comes down to the Steelers and the Patriots.... sorry LITP, but you know who I'm gonna pull for:smile: .

NFC... who cares, really?

I kind of have a thing for the Bears. I always liked them, so, I guess I would like to see them do well this year.

All the thoughts, opinions and analysis aside... We will see what we will see when the season starts. As we all know, s**t happens... thats why they play the games!:cool:

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 06:13 PM

As for Kansas City being ranked #5...I aint buying it. They are in the same position as the Raiders were 3 years ago... they are OLD! Their best shot was last year. They're due for a major melt down. Not only that but, they have a new coach, and no matter what anyone thinks, it will be an adjustment. If they make the playoffs at all, it will be as a wild card. I doubt they see the playoffs.

I do however, have to admit, they are a pretty good team. I do think Jake the Fake had an incredibly lucky year last year... he just aint that good. If he reverts back to his normal self, the donkeys are going to have a rough year. here's keeping my fingers crossed for that! :bouncy:

The Colts are going to have a down year, no matter how good Manning plays. Without Edge, the pass rush is gonna be furious, and we all know how old Peyton does under pressure!:sofunny:

The AFC, as I see it, comes down to the Steelers and the Patriots.... sorry LITP, but you know who I'm gonna pull for:smile: .

I kind of have a thing for the Bears. I always liked them, so, I guess I would like to see them do well this year.

All the thoughts, opinions and analysis aside... We will see what we will see when the season starts. As we all know, s**t happens... thats why they play the games!:cool:

well said, kc wont go anywhere, SD might be better than them, and possibly even oak (or wait ur a raiders fan i can say "us") :smile:

f*ck denver :cool:

will never pull for NE :blurp:

nfc can suck it :bouncy:

and yes, as chris berman says "and thats why they play the game"

blackngoldbaby
07-02-2006, 06:49 PM
I disagree with the Ravens making the playoffs. The Ravens are way overrated like always. Sure they picked up Steve McNair. But he will be hurt by mid season I'm sure and then the Ravens will be back to Boller.
nuff said!:yep:

blackngoldbaby
07-02-2006, 06:54 PM
This whole Steve McNair being the saving grace in Baltimore is just hysterical. The guy is as fragile as a china doll in a 2 yr olds bedroom on christmas morning! Jamal Lewis is inconsistent, their defense is a shadow of its former self. They have some decent WR's now but its not enough to bring them back to the promised land by any stretch. Besides its not like we've never played against Steve McNair before. We can handle him and the ratbirds !
i strongly agree!

silver & black
07-02-2006, 07:18 PM
well said, kc wont go anywhere, SD might be better than them, and possibly even oak (or wait ur a raiders fan i can say "us") :smile:

f*ck denver :cool:

will never pull for NE :blurp:

nfc can suck it :bouncy:

and yes, as chris berman says "and thats why they play the game"
Just to clarify... LITP is a Patriots fan. I was saying I will pull for the Steelers (after the Raider are officially out of it, of coarse.) I will NEVER pull for the Pats.... sorry again LITP.:bouncy:

Jimmy James
07-02-2006, 07:55 PM
This list is ridiculous. There is no way the divisions will all go to teams that made the playoffs last year but the wild cards will go to teams that missed. ESPN did a terrible job here.

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Just to clarify... LITP is a Patriots fan. I was saying I will pull for the Steelers (after the Raider are officially out of it, of coarse.) I will NEVER pull for the Pats.... sorry again LITP.:bouncy:

LIPT IS A PATS FAN???? lol ya i knew that, thats why i said i would never pull for them, that and because they still have tom brady haha

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 08:04 PM
This list is ridiculous. There is no way the divisions will all go to teams that made the playoffs last year but the wild cards will go to teams that missed. ESPN did a terrible job here.

hey first time ive seen you in here jimmy!

oh ya thats cuz ive been in blast furnace since i first joined! :bouncy:

Indy_Steelers
07-02-2006, 10:11 PM

good points. i think the whole afc west, as tough as it was last year, is up for grabs but i do think denver wins. i do not think SD will be as good as last year, new QB. KC, i do not think so, new overrated coach. i only see the division winner going to the playoffs.

BlackNGold203
07-02-2006, 10:26 PM
good points. i think the whole afc west, as tough as it was last year, is up for grabs but i do think denver wins. i do not think SD will be as good as last year, new QB. KC, i do not think so, new overrated coach. i only see the division winner going to the playoffs.

Do you really think Edwards is over rated???

I think he will bring a defensive philosophy to KC and make them better....

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-02-2006, 11:44 PM

but they lost al saunders and their line is getting old, gave up their FB tony richardson (big part of their run attack, as a blocker) plus gonzo MIGHT be losing it. i actually think vermiel is a better coach than edwards, even tho i hate his guts. and we made edwards (playing DB) look silly when we beat the eagles(coached BY vermiel) in the SB

Stillers#1
07-03-2006, 01:52 AM
Here ya, take these picks to the bank boy and girls.

AFC:

#6 - Bengals - Carson won't be ready but they will find a way to get in, they are hungry.
#5 - Kansas City - Will finish with a better record than New England
#4 - New England - Getting in by the skin of there teeth, weak division with a good but inexperienced Miami team (who will beat the Pat's twice) helps them out.
#3 - Denver - Best team in the west, that running game is unstoppable.
#2 - Pittsburgh - Big Ben has a few problems at first, but Willie has a breakout year.
#1 - Indy - They work the NFL in the regular season once again, but will Peyton choke again in the playoffs?

Other considerations: Jacksonville - they will come close but Fred Taylor won't stay healthy
Miami - should come close to winning the East, will sweep the other 3 teams, but inexperience will hurt them outside the division.
San Diego - I think Rivers surprises everyone.

NFC:

#6 - Dallas - Bobby Carpenter is a beast, and TO will work out down there.
#5 - Atlanta - Vick is going to get them somwhere this year.
#4 - Chicago - The D automatically gets them 9 wins, the O gets another 3.
#3 - Tampa - Chris Simms finally steps out of his dad's shadow
#2 - Carolina - They will win the NFC, Seattle will have a better record
#1 - Seattle - What can I say, they reside in a crappy division.

Notables: Arizona - I still say they are a year away.
NY - the Giants just don't have the team unity, Plaxico is too damn greedy.
Green Bay - Favre makes a great run at it, but I don't think he quite makes it.

Jimmy James
07-03-2006, 02:35 AM
hey first time ive seen you in here jimmy!

oh ya thats cuz ive been in blast furnace since i first joined! :bouncy:

Nice to see you too, man.

To the guy with the predictions with New England as the 4 seed and Miami beating them twice:

If that happens (and especially if Miami sweeps the Jets/Bills), there is no way the Dolphins are sitting at home in favor of the Patriots. Miami would have to seriously crash and burn for that to happen. There just isn't any way the team will be that different in the division versus out of it.

Similarly, there is no way the Bears are going to win 12 and be such a low seed.

You have time before the season starts. It's time to tweak some of that stuff.

Indy_Steelers
07-03-2006, 06:36 AM

I do as a head coach. I do think he is a good offensive coordinator.

CowherLover
07-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Funny how everyone thinks the Chargers aren't gonna skip a beat without Brees. I have a feeling they won't even hit the .500 mark.

83-Steelers-43
07-03-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm not "everyone"....:smile:

HometownGal
07-03-2006, 09:25 AM

I totally agree. I think Edwards will only make this team better and I definitely do not count KC out. I also believe the Raiders will be a much improved team. That division could get interesting.

I also agree with whoever included Arizona in the NFC seeds. Personally, I think they have the blueprint now to be a legitimate contender for the NFC West crown IF Warner can stay healthy. The old guy has still got it, imho. :cool:

Big D
07-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Ok. I'm going to go on a little bit of a rant here. First off why is espn so high on the broncos. Didnt they have them like number 4 in the power rankings. First of all there qb is Jake the fake Plummer, I still dont think there running game is as good as everyone thinks. And yes they got javon walker in the offseason a guy who had major knee surgery. Every year the media gets on there knees for the ravens and for what? I'm sorry I think he runs this offense like a circus. I know alot of you have said this already, but i'm in full agreement Steve Mcnair cant stay healthy hes injury prone and I really dont think he is the qb that he used to be. Ok peeps i'm going to give you my playoff teams and let me know what you think.

afc
1. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Indianpolis Colts
3. KC Chiefs
4. New England Patriots
5. Miami Dolphins
6. Denver Broncos

nfc
1. Carolina Panthers
2. Seattle Seahawks
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. Minnesota vikings
5. Tampa Bucs
6. Philly eagles

silver & black
07-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Funny how everyone thinks the Chargers aren't gonna skip a beat without Brees. I have a feeling they won't even hit the .500 mark.
I'm with you. They do have a good team but, unless Rivers turns out to be Big Ben in his first season, everyone is just going to key on LT. I know he is the premier back in the league but, if that's all they have to lean on, they will have a rough year.

With the exception of Denver, I think the West is up for grabs this year... and yes, I do think the Raiders have as good of chance as anyone in our division this year... especially if Plummer goes back to being Plummer.

lilyoder6
07-03-2006, 12:26 PM
the cheifs need to get there def. better and there time is running out cuz1 or 2 of there linemen are most likely gonna retire after this season and evry one of the offense other than LJ are old

Big D
07-03-2006, 12:41 PM
the cheifs need to get there def. better and there time is running out cuz1 or 2 of there linemen are most likely gonna retire after this season and evry one of the offense other than LJ are old
i'm far from a chiefs fan. And being from the midwest often times the chiefs were shoved down my throat. But you need to get your facts straight buddy. There Defense is not old I dont know what lineman are going to retire considering the oldest lineman they have is lional dalton who is only 31.

silver & black
07-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Linemen that may retire are Willie Roaf and Will Shields. This is just a rumor I have heard. If true, that would hurt.

Big D
07-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Linemen that may retire are Willie Roaf and Will Shields. This is just a rumor I have heard. If true, that would hurt.
I thought he was talking about there Defensive lineman sorry man.

silver & black
07-03-2006, 01:38 PM
I thought he was talking about there Defensive lineman sorry man.
Maybe he was and I was mistaken.:dang:

SteelShooter
07-03-2006, 01:42 PM

Ka-Ching!

You got that right Brother!

Big D
07-03-2006, 01:50 PM
as I said. It's a yearly tradition for the media to get on there knees for the ravens

SteelCityMan786
07-03-2006, 02:50 PM

Peyton was only good because of Edge.

Steelers don't fail to repeat at least 1 time as super bowl champions

NFC well SUCKS

CowherLover
07-03-2006, 03:14 PM
I don't agree that Peyton was only good because of his RB, that's just crazy talk. Having him has certainly afforded them the luxury of doing what they have to opponents for as long as they have. Edge is ultra-talented, no question, but he's also just another cog in a machine that has to be replaced. No different than our transition that we've been going through the last few years, they just have less time than us to get the chemistry right before the season begins. I don't think the Colts are gonna be 4-12 because he left, lol!

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-03-2006, 06:57 PM

he ya meant offensive line.... i think their time has already run out since saunders left. im calling it, oak will have around the same or better record than KC.

lilyoder6
07-03-2006, 07:51 PM
i did mean the offense of line.. roaf was gonna retire a couple of months ago but herman talked him out of it.. all the experts have LJ breakin all the rushing records this season and bein the best FF player.. the raiders have a good off. but it's there def. they need to wry about

Livinginthe past
07-04-2006, 12:26 AM
The Raiders looked ok on paper last year aswell.

KC may well be a fading light, but at least they have quality players proven in the teams system.

I would definitely take KC over Oakland this year.

NM

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-04-2006, 07:22 AM
i did mean the offense of line.. roaf was gonna retire a couple of months ago but herman talked him out of it.. all the experts have LJ breakin all the rushing records this season and bein the best FF player.. the raiders have a good off. but it's there def. they need to wry about

and in that you have why we passed on leinart and took huff. he will be the man on D for us. and our LB corps got better (drafted howard and will turn BING into a LB as well as morrison will continue to get better., not to mention our line will improve, got rid of washingtons lazy ass. plus we got 2 good vet FA CB pickups in tyrone pool and duane starks. things are looking up for our D for sure...

lilyoder6
07-04-2006, 09:11 AM
i don't think bing ca be a LB.. he's not that big

silver & black
07-04-2006, 10:18 AM
i don't think bing ca be a LB.. he's not that big
I have been questioning that myself. The coaching staff must see something there, I don't know. He seems kind of small for a LB to me too.

You never know though, good things come in small packages... if you can actually call Bing small.:sofunny:

Livinginthe past
07-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Hmm good luck with Duana Starks.

To be fair, he did play alot of the time injured.

NM

Steel12
07-04-2006, 03:09 PM

He might not be a saving grace but he is a MAJOR upgrade over Boller. He might be injury prone but when he plays, he plays well. I don't see how Jamal Lewis is inconsistent either. He's only had one season under 1000 yards, which was last year when they had NO OFFENSE whatsoever. He still broke 1000 despite missing 4 games in 2004. McNair is just the person he needs to get him back to 1500 yards. McNair is also reunited with Mason and we all should remember how deadly they were in TEN. Their D has some ??? but they are still solid in the secondary and at LB. There is no way we should be lookin over the Ravens or anybody in our division.

lilyoder6
07-04-2006, 07:03 PM
that was so many years ago... when those 2 were together.. they will be good to gether again but i don't think they will be as good as they were in the superbowl.. and the ravens did get mike anderson didn't they???

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-04-2006, 07:23 PM
I have been questioning that myself. The coaching staff must see something there, I don't know. He seems kind of small for a LB to me too.

You never know though, good things come in small packages... if you can actually call Bing small.:sofunny:

well

he wont be a good S in the NFL, college yes but not here, all he has to do is get a lil bigger and not lose too much speed, and he can be a good OLB i think

Big D
07-05-2006, 09:01 AM
that was so many years ago... when those 2 were together.. they will be good to gether again but i don't think they will be as good as they were in the superbowl.. and the ravens did get mike anderson didn't they???
It was two years ago

section514
07-05-2006, 10:29 AM
the bungles better make the playoffs, because if they don't they will blame the steelers for taking to Palmer as their main reason for missing the playoffs. but odds are we will beat them twice this year, so they won't win the division, so I guess they could blame us for beating them twice as their reason for missing the playoffs also :sofunny:

SteelerFanInCA
07-05-2006, 12:52 PM
I know the whole Carson Palmer injury is still a mystery but has anyone seen the bengals strength of schedule for 06? They have some stiff competiton on their plates. :boxing:

I think KC will make some noise this year. The only thing going against KC is that they play in that AFC West. It should be a dog fight in that division.

Ravens might make a push for the play-offs but will come up short in the end. If they get to the play-offs is McNair really going to be around come play-off time to reap the benefits?

83-Steelers-43
07-05-2006, 06:49 PM
SportsCenter's Ultimate Depth Chart Playoffs

Wild Card Round:

Ravens vs Patriots: Patriots

Chiefs vs Broncos: Chiefs

Falcons vs Redskins: Redskins

Cowboys vs Bears: Cowboys

Divisional Playoffs:

Patriots vs Colts: Patriots

Chiefs vs Steelers: Steelers

Redskins vs Panthers: Panthers

Cowboys vs Seahawks: Seahawks

Conference Championships

Patriots vs Steelers: Patriots

Panthers vs Seahawks: Panthers

Super Bowl:

Patriots vs Panthers

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-05-2006, 06:53 PM
SportsCenter's Ultimate Depth Chart Playoffs

Wild Card Round:

Ravens vs Patriots: Patriots

Chiefs vs Broncos: Chiefs

Falcons vs Redskins: Redskins

Cowboys vs Bears: Cowboys

broncos would beat chiefs IF KC made it to the playoffs, but im not so sure.

83-Steelers-43
07-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Chiefs over the Broncos?

Panthers over the Seachickens?

I don't think so.

lilyoder6
07-05-2006, 07:13 PM
these are the same guys who said the colts would win it all last year

tony hipchest
07-05-2006, 07:15 PM
well, they have the pats beating the steelers and carolina beating the seahawks for the sb. everyones scared on missing the boat on the pats (again). now they just pick to make up for past guffaws. this years line is "all the injured players are back".

2 bad crennell, mangini, and wiess arent there to coach them. injuries never seemed to be a problem with those 3 coaches in place.

i can see carolina beating the seahawks.

MattsMe
07-05-2006, 07:20 PM
They're picking the Patriots to win 3 playoff games on the road??????
Just because we did it last year, they think anyone can now?
Morons.

BBC
07-05-2006, 07:26 PM
They're picking the Patriots to win 3 playoff games on the road??????
Just because we did it last year, they think anyone can now?
Morons.

They would have played the Ravens at home, being the 3rd seed.

MattsMe
07-05-2006, 07:29 PM
They would have played the Ravens at home, being the 3rd seed.

Thanks for pointing that out. I actually went up and looked at the breakdown again, before I posted, and still didn't see it. I need to get more sleep.
But, I stand by my earlier opinion: Morons.

tony hipchest
07-05-2006, 07:39 PM
the patriots will throw a game to ensure they dont play the broncos in the 1st round. and after this season indy will show they can beat them (again) in foxboro. last year proved they dont wanna face the steelers either. they will try to manipulate their season to play any of the other 2 teams. (if they make it)

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Chiefs over the Broncos?

Panthers over the Seachickens?

I don't think so.

panthers have a chance to beat SEA

KC most likely wouldnt beat DEN tho

BBC
07-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks for pointing that out. I actually went up and looked at the breakdown again, before I posted, and still didn't see it. I need to get more sleep.
But, I stand by my earlier opinion: Morons.

:laughing: Can't argue the Morons part.

83-Steelers-43
07-05-2006, 09:09 PM
panthers have a chance to beat SEA

KC most likely wouldnt beat DEN tho

A chance? Sure. Most teams do have a chance. I just don't see it happening.

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-05-2006, 10:04 PM
A chance? Sure. Most teams do have a chance. I just don't see it happening.

nah... do the 49ers have a CHANCE against pitt? no

i guess i mean MORE of a chance than not... i have always liked CAR and i think they can beat almost any team they play against.

83-Steelers-43
07-05-2006, 10:11 PM
nah... do the 49ers have a CHANCE against pitt? no

i guess i mean MORE of a chance than not... i have always liked CAR and i think they can beat almost any team they play against.

I guess that's why I stated that "most" teams..........not all.

boLT fan
07-05-2006, 10:27 PM
I was watching this and thought it was kind of interesting. Then I saw that they had Baltimore in the playoffs. Then I turned the TV off and cried myself to sleep.

ESPN's 'experts' are always wrong on EVERYTHING.

Don't believe me? Here's some of the headilnes they had before Sportscenter before each of the sports main event:

"Why the Superbowl will be the Jake bowl, Jake Delhome against Jake Plummer. Tune in tonight to Sportscenter to find out."

"Why the Houston Oilers will win the Stanley Cup. Tune in tonight to Sportscenter to find out."

"Why the Dallas Mavericks will win the NBA Finals in 5 games, if that. Tune in tonight to Sportscenter to find out."

I only trust ESPN as far as Chris Berhman can run without suffering a heart attack and passing out.

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-05-2006, 10:30 PM
I was watching this and thought it was kind of interesting. Then I saw that they had Baltimore in the playoffs. Then I turned the TV off and cried myself to sleep.

Don't believe me? Here's some of the headilnes they had before Sportscenter before each of the sports main event:

"Why the Superbowl will be the Jake bowl, Jake Delhome against Jake Plummer. Tune in tonight to Sportscenter to find out."

"Why the Houston Oilers will win the Stanley Cup. Tune in tonight to Sportscenter to find out."

"Why the Dallas Mavericks will win the NBA Finals in 5 games, if that. Tune in tonight to Sportscenter to find out."

I only trust ESPN as far as Chris Berhman can run without suffering a heart attack and passing out.

did they get the oilers city wrong too or was that your fault?

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I guess that's why I stated that "most" teams..........not all.

well even saying most, CAR isnt like most teams

83-Steelers-43
07-05-2006, 10:44 PM
lol, ok buddy......:rolleyes:

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-05-2006, 10:51 PM
lol, ok buddy......:rolleyes:

u gettin butthurt now?

boLT fan
07-05-2006, 10:52 PM
did they get the oilers city wrong too or was that your fault?

That would have been funny, but no. That was my fault. I don't really watch hockey, I just remember that promo for it.

83-Steelers-43
07-05-2006, 10:55 PM
u gettin butthurt now?

Not at all. I'm just considering the source.

For the most part.........It simply comes down to opinion. You stated that the Panthers have a chance at beating the Seahawks. I agreed. I just simply feel that it will not happen. It's really not that hard to understand or respect. Obviously for you, it is. Completely understandable. :smile:

tony hipchest
07-05-2006, 11:11 PM
That would have been funny, but no.

sorry to bust your bubble but it wouldnt have been as funny as that video clip in your sig! :busted: im thinking that was your "fault" too? good job.

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-05-2006, 11:17 PM
That would have been funny, but no. That was my fault. I don't really watch hockey, I just remember that promo for it.

oh well u watch football u know hou oilers dont exist... i dont watch hockey i know oilers are in canada... its all good tho

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Not at all. I'm just considering the source.

For the most part.........It simply comes down to opinion. You stated that the Panthers have a chance at beating the Seahawks. I agreed. I just simply feel that it will not happen. It's really not that hard to understand or respect. Obviously for you, it is. Completely understandable. :smile:

is this turning into another raiders fans are stupid thread?

83-Steelers-43
07-05-2006, 11:39 PM
is this turning into another raiders fans are stupid thread?

Not at all. B&S (who is a Raider fan) is a very cool guy. He's still a Raider fan and I respect his opinions. At the same time, he's not a complete arrogant a-hole when it comes to understanding a differing opinion or point of view pertaining to football. :smile:

Anywho, back to ESPN's playoff choices...........

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-06-2006, 02:06 AM
Not at all. B&S (who is a Raider fan) is a very cool guy. He's still a Raider fan and I respect his opinions. At the same time, he's not a complete arrogant a-hole when it comes to understanding a differing opinion or point of view pertaining to football. :smile:

Anywho, back to ESPN's playoff choices...........

im an ignorant a-hole now? cuz i said CAR isnt most teams? cmon man.... i never said u were wrong and only my answer mattered. so why go there?

83-Steelers-43
07-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Never called you an ignorant a-hole.

Just for the record........."u gettin butthurt now?"

Big D
07-06-2006, 10:39 AM
dont sweat it 83 this guy is a tool

83-Steelers-43
07-06-2006, 10:42 AM

ESPN's "expert" comments that stick out in my mind from the recent past.......

"The Vikings will go to the Super Bowl" and "They are better off without Randy Moss".

I'm still trying to figure out how they came up with that analysis........

Big D
07-06-2006, 10:48 AM
ESPN's "expert" comments that stick out in my mind from the recent past.......

"The Vikings will go to the Super Bowl" and "They are better off without Randy Moss".

I'm still trying to figure out how they came up with that analysis........
I have lived in the midwest for most of my life. And I can tell you that the problem with the vikings the past few years was mike tice. not the product on the field. In case you all didnt know this the year the panthers played the patriots in the superbowl stewart scott predicted the panthers would win that division. However I agree they are mostly way off base

BBC
07-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Why do ESPN predictions have an 11 page thread?

BlackNGold203
07-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Espn analysts put controversial analysis out there for one reason...so everyone will talk about ESPN...

Reading this and a few other threads..this philosophy seems to be very effective...:smile:

Take what you read and see it for what it is...and draw your own conclusions...and have fun debating it in forums like this...:cool:

My 2 cents?...Carolina is loaded....and will smoke Seattle like a bad cigar...IMHO

Big D
07-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Espn analysts put controversial analysis out there for one reason...so everyone will talk about ESPN...

Reading this and a few other threads..this philosophy seems to be very effective...:smile:

Take what you read and see it for what it is...and draw your own conclusions...and have fun debating it in forums like this...:cool:

My 2 cents?...Carolina is loaded....and will smoke Seattle like a bad cigar...IMHO
call me stupid but i dont think seattle is going to have a very good year this year

BlackNGold203
07-06-2006, 11:03 AM
call me stupid but i dont think seattle is going to have a very good year this year

I think they will win their division...but I also think they will get pushed by Arizona

Big D
07-06-2006, 11:27 AM
I think they will win their division...but I also think they will get pushed by Arizona
I think the cardinals are this years sleeper. And if the seahawks still played in the afc the defitnetly wouldnt have the success they have now. The only reason they might have a good season is the strength of there division

lilyoder6
07-06-2006, 02:11 PM
well alexander could get hurt this season since he is on the cover of madden 07...

Big D
07-06-2006, 02:13 PM
well alexander could get hurt this season since he is on the cover of madden 07...
We have had debates on this forum about the madden jinx. and trust me lily you dont want to go there. But alexander does go down i think maurice morris could pick up the slack the way dominic rhodes did for the colts when edge went down. but not enough of the slack for the chickens to be competitive

The Bungle Hunter
07-06-2006, 02:53 PM
ah crikey, look at these bloaks, let me sneak up behind em and wrestle their asses out of the playoffs

CantStop85
07-06-2006, 03:00 PM
ah crikey, look at these bloaks, let me sneak up behind em and wrestle their asses out of the playoffs
Oh boy...here we go again.

:sofunny:

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-06-2006, 05:33 PM

thank you...

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-06-2006, 05:35 PM
I have lived in the midwest for most of my life. And I can tell you that the problem with the vikings the past few years was mike tice. not the product on the field. In case you all didnt know this the year the panthers played the patriots in the superbowl stewart scott predicted the panthers would win that division. However I agree they are mostly way off base

so u can agree with me that raiders problems have been our retarded coaches?

83-Steelers-43
07-06-2006, 05:36 PM

I respect your opinion. It's possible. Any given Sunday. Hell, who would have thought that horrible Texan team could beat the Steelers back in 2002?

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-06-2006, 05:59 PM

Just for the record........."u gettin butthurt now?"

:blah:

just for the record... im calling you one now, but u actually deserve it

83-Steelers-43
07-06-2006, 06:00 PM
:blah:

just for the record... im calling you one now, but u actually deserve it

Wow, are you still talking? lol. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Give it a rest junior.

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Wow, are you still talking? lol. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Give it a rest junior.

nice to know u can dish it out but cant take it....

83-Steelers-43
07-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Why do ESPN predictions have an 11 page thread?

Good question..........offseason. It's starting to take a toll on all of us I believe. Two days ago I actually caught myself sticking up for Eli Manning....lol.

83-Steelers-43
07-06-2006, 06:10 PM
nice to know u can dish it out but cant take it....

Dish what out and take what exactly? Oh.....you mean talking shit through a computer screen? Yeah, damn....I'm just not very good at that...lol. I can tell you take pride in it though. Good job. :yawn:

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Dish what out and take what exactly? Oh.....you mean talking shit through a computer screen? Yeah, damn....I'm just not very good at that...lol. I can tell you take pride in it though. Good job. :yawn:

what u call talking shit, i call defending myself

and it seems that u are pretty good at it, from what ive seen

83-Steelers-43
07-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Pretty good at what exactly? Trash talking? Very rarely am I in the Blast Furnace. I don't have "the skills" to trash talk. For the most part I find it pretty pointless.

Defending yourself? After your "butthurting" comment, that's all I was doing. Go figure.

On that note..................

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2005/12/15/inside-borat.jpg "In U.S. and A. they treat horses like we in Kazakhstan treat our women. They feed them two times a day. They have them sleep on straw in a small box. And for entertainment, they make them jump over fences while being whipped." - Borat

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Pretty good at what exactly? Trash talking? Very rarely am I in the Blast Furnace. I don't have "the skills" to trash talk. For the most part I find it pretty pointless.

Defending yourself? After your "butthurting" comment, that's all I was doing. Go figure.

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2005/12/15/inside-borat.jpg "In U.S. and A. they treat horses like we in Kazakhstan treat our women. They feed them two times a day. They have them sleep on straw in a small box. And for entertainment, they make them jump over fences while being whipped." - Borat

pointless? then get outta here....

if i felt nfl message boards were pointless i wouldnt be here, would i?

83-Steelers-43
07-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Obviously following a conversation is not one of your stroing points huh?

When I stated it was "pointless", I meant talking trash, not NFL message boards in general. While I felt I made that point very clear in the above post, do you understand now?

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Obviously following a conversation is not one of your stroing points huh?

When I stated it was "pointless", I meant talking trash, not the messageboards in general. Do you understand now?

no shit

pointless to be talking trash in blast furnace....

the place where you "talk trash"

cuz thats what u do in here

83-Steelers-43
07-06-2006, 07:17 PM
no shit

pointless to be talking trash in blast furnace....

the place where you "talk trash"

cuz thats what u do in here

Wow junior, your losing me.

I'm not trash talking at all. Only after having a little smartass comment thrown my wau did I decide to fire back.

But as you can see, I pretty much stay out of the "Blast Furnace" section of the MB. Why? Because I find talking trash pointless for the most part. Are you done yet? Can this conversation be put to a rest at some point in time? It's getting a little old and dry for my taste. Just wondering...lol.

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Wow junior, your losing me.

I'm not trash talking at all. Only after having a little smartass comment thrown my wau did I decide to fire back.

But as you can see, I pretty much stay out of the "Blast Furnace" section of the MB. Why? Because I find talking trash pointless for the most part. Are you done yet? Can this conversation be put to a rest at some point in time? It's getting a little old and dry for my taste. Just wondering...lol.

you dont get my point

you ARE IN THE BLAST FURNACE

so LEAVE, if u find talkin shit pointless, whether you are DOING IT OR NOT

L O ****in L man....

83-Steelers-43
07-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Last I checked, this thread is currently located in the "NFL Football" forum of the MB.

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-06-2006, 07:52 PM
dont sweat it 83 this guy is a tool

i wondered what u meant now i understand.... thanks

83-Steelers-43
07-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Wait.........am I in the "Blast Furnace" or "NFL Football"? Where am I?

tony hipchest
07-06-2006, 08:02 PM

me thinks you have the skills necessary :sofunny:

clevestinks
07-06-2006, 08:05 PM
To get back on track, the bengals are the second best team in the AFCN, this will probably be true for along time. So IF Palmer doesnt heal quickly they could be in trouble trying for thaT wildcard.

BBC
07-06-2006, 08:11 PM
i wondered what u meant now i understand.... thanks

:laughing: Obviously you don't understand, he called you a tool :wink:

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
07-06-2006, 08:22 PM
:laughing: Obviously you don't understand, he called you a tool :wink:

upon further review.... i completely misread that :dang: