PDA

View Full Version : what happened to Official Steeelrs mboard?

VA_steeelrs
01-24-2012, 03:32 PM
I've been a steelrs fan for 20 years and have been using http://www.steelers.com/fanzone/mboard/ for long time. I just realized that it is no longer exists. Not that I want to go back to it, but can anyone tell me what happened to it?
Thanks,

TRH
01-24-2012, 05:49 PM
I don't know, that site, for being an "official" site and message board has sucked for a long time. I.....like you...went there a few months ago to check it out. Couldn't find it anywhere after navigating the poor layout. I then googled the damn message board and that linked me into it. Now can't find it anywhere. I would like going there to hear what others have to say.

On another note....i was never able to register on the site. I tried and tried and tried and i would get error messages, kick-outs, and passwords or verifications never emailed to me. I then tried emailing someone at the site, and that was no help either. So finally i said **** it.....and gave up. Thats when i found this board.

Darthslayrr
01-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Same here, came to this site after it went missing. I enjoyed the topics and banter, but for some reason could not post anything. I was logged in and posted once, but that was the only time and was a reader for 3 years.

Fire Arians
01-24-2012, 08:48 PM
i don't know, i stopped reading it and their sign-up process is such a pain in the ass, i have to email the admin during a certain time window to get activated? screw that noise. so i came here lol.

Bayz101
01-24-2012, 09:00 PM
I heard of it, but never gave it a try.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-24-2012, 10:30 PM
You aren't missing much...

1) Convoluted and unsuccessful registration process.
2) Broken/non-functional links
3) Bronze-Aged message board user interface with no features.
4) Mostly adolescent fans who argue non-stop and ultimately know very little about the sport of football.

BossAus
01-24-2012, 11:38 PM
There was a mass exodus of the members there who left and made a new message board as that ship was sinking. I believe it is thesteelersfans.com.

VA_steeelrs
01-25-2012, 08:51 AM
Enough said, I guess that message board died as a natual cause. I am glad to land here with the new community. Thank you!