PDA

View Full Version : Vote for the ESPYS

Indy_Steelers
07-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted but I did not find it so I am making one.

STEELERS NOMINATED FOR ESPY AWARDS
AND YOU CAN HELP SELECT THE WINNER!!!

The Steelers victory in Super Bowl XL has them among the nominees for ESPY Awards (http://espn.go.com/espy2006/index.html)this year.

Fans have the chance to vote for the awards, and Steelers fans are encouraged to take a few minutes and do so. Winners are determined by a popular vote from June 26 - July 8.

The awards that the Steelers are nominated for are as follows:

Best Coach/Manager, Bill Cowher

Best Team

Best Record Breaker, Ben Roethlisberger

GMC Professional Grade Play Award, Antwaan Randle El

Vote Today for the ESPY AWARDS STEELERS NOMINEES!! (http://espn.go.com/espy2006/index.html)

SteelerMurf
07-02-2006, 12:18 PM
I already voted! I hope the Steelers are represented well.

noto45
07-02-2006, 12:58 PM
I VOTED!

boLT fan
07-02-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm not trying to hate on Ben or anything, but how is he nomiated for Best Recrod Breaker? He did horrible in the SB. The games leading up to the SB shouldn't count toward his recrod breaker.

But I think Cowher will win the best Coach/Manager one.

3 to be 4
07-02-2006, 06:20 PM
What time will they give out the lifetime achievement awards to Brady and Belichick?

3 to be 4
07-02-2006, 06:21 PM
we know who will win "Best Leg Break" haha

3 to be 4
07-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Best smashed face from motorcycle accident

BBC
07-02-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm not trying to hate on Ben or anything, but how is he nomiated for Best Recrod Breaker? He did horrible in the SB. The games leading up to the SB shouldn't count toward his recrod breaker.

But I think Cowher will win the best Coach/Manager one.

Why shouldn't the playoff games be included? In order to win the Super Bowl you've got to actually get there.

boLT fan
07-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Winning the Wild Card game wasn't a recordbreaker. Winning the Divisional Game wasn't a record breaker. Winning the Conference Championship wasn't a record breaker. Only the Superbowl was, and he choked to say the least in that.

3 to be 4
07-02-2006, 08:34 PM
Winning the Wild Card game wasn't a recordbreaker. Winning the Divisional Game wasn't a record breaker. Winning the Conference Championship wasn't a record breaker. Only the Superbowl was, and he choked to say the least in that.

right, lets give it to Drew Brees.

boLT fan
07-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Or, for Tom Brady, "Best Coin Flip"

Stillers#1
07-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Best smashed face from motorcycle accident

I hear Belichek is a shoe-in for best fupa award. And Brady is also the front-runner for best heterosexual act.

BlackNGold203
07-02-2006, 09:53 PM
I could never get in to the Espy's......

hell..I'm not even sure where they come up with some of their stuff....

HburgXL06
07-02-2006, 10:18 PM

How bout the first 6th seed team to make it to the Super Bowl? Last time I heard that's a record. Youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl. That's a record. It don't matter how he played, he won.

PS: Vote for Kimmie Meissner as "Best Breakthrough Performance!!!!!!"

BuFu

BBC
07-02-2006, 10:31 PM

You know what else he did? Win. Youngest QB to win the Super Bowl. You have to play the entire season to win a Super Bowl, not just one game.

If Bonds were to break the homerun record (as tainted as it may be), but he went 1-5 with 4 SO's in the game with 1 HR, should he get no credit for breaking the record (because of the game he played, not the steroids). Of course he should get credit. Records such as these encompass more than just one game.

boLT fan
07-03-2006, 04:51 PM
You know what else he did? Win. Youngest QB to win the Super Bowl. You have to play the entire season to win a Super Bowl, not just one game.

If Bonds were to break the homerun record (as tainted as it may be), but he went 1-5 with 4 SO's in the game with 1 HR, should he get no credit for breaking the record (because of the game he played, not the steroids). Of course he should get credit. Records such as these encompass more than just one game.

I'm not saying he didn't break the record at all. I'm saying it wasn't the best record breaking performance. The only part that was a record breaker is winning the Superbowl, not the games leading up to it unless somehow playing a full season was a record breaker.

HometownGal
07-04-2006, 10:09 AM
How could the ESPY's have forgotten Ray Ray?

Award for best Ginsu knife demonstration. No one, but no one, can slice 'em and dice 'em like Ray Ray.