PDA

View Full Version : Bettis and Ward in Florida

Santonio4
07-02-2006, 04:30 PM
I just went to Sunny Isle, Florida and saw Hines and Jerome eating. They were with a group of friends so i didnt say anything to them.

3 to be 4
07-02-2006, 05:25 PM
just last night i was at the Waffle House in Gardner,KS and who do I run into?
You guessed it! John Kennedy and Richard Nixon!
they were having an arguement over why that Saturday Night Live skit, "Headwound Harry" wasnt funny.

blackngoldbaby
07-02-2006, 06:44 PM
I just went to Sunny Isle, Florida and saw Hines and Jerome eating. They were with a group of friends so i didnt say anything to them.
r u serious!lol:bouncy:

SteelersMongol
07-02-2006, 09:18 PM

How can U not say anything? :bouncy:

siss
07-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Umm I think Jerome is getting married like this weekend or some thing like that!

nicesteel4life
07-02-2006, 10:28 PM
HMMMMMMMM, Well Ummmmmmmm....If so GREAT!!! If not FAKE!!!

clevestinks
07-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Thats respectful of you, but I know you wanted to LOL

Santonio4
07-03-2006, 11:24 AM
just last night i was at the Waffle House in Gardner,KS and who do I run into?
You guessed it! John Kennedy and Richard Nixon!
they were having an arguement over why that Saturday Night Live skit, "Headwound Harry" wasnt funny.

Screw you

Santonio4
07-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Thats respectful of you, but I know you wanted to LOL

Ya i did

lilyoder6
07-03-2006, 12:27 PM
my bro saw the bus driving his white escalade the other day

SteelShooter
07-03-2006, 04:19 PM
That's totally cool! And I respect your decision not to bother them

SteelersMongol
07-04-2006, 12:09 AM
That's totally cool! And I respect your decision not to bother them

What do U mean by bother? :smile: When there is a living legend, the man who U worship sitting in a same place. :bouncy: Come on now, U guys are killing me. :smile:

3 to be 4
07-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Screw you

im not kidding. Nixon was pissing himself and Kennedy kept grabbing his head yelling "ya think, ah, this is, ah, funny??"

SteelShooter
07-04-2006, 03:05 AM
What do U mean by bother? :smile: When there is a living legend, the man who U worship sitting in a same place. :bouncy: Come on now, U guys are killing me. :smile:

Again, it's about respect.

Of course I would approach them were they walking down the street...but not at dinner. I do not appreciate being bothered while dining and would not do the same to someone else. I care not who it is/was, dinner is a time for relating to your company and no one else.

That is my view, and obviously Santonio4's as well. To me, it is a following of etiquette and plain old good taste. I am not saying that YOU would be wrong. Only that I have the same view and public ethos as Santonio4 and I give him props for restraining himself that way.

SteelersMongol
07-04-2006, 03:12 AM
Again, it's about respect.

Of course I would approach them were they walking down the street...but not at dinner. I do not appreciate being bothered while dining and would not do the same to someone else. I care not who it is/was, dinner is a time for relating to your company and no one else.

That is my view, and obviously Santonio4's as well. To me, it is a following of etiquette and good taste. I am not saying that YOU would be wrong. Only that I have the same view and public ethos as Santonio4 and I give him props for restraining himself that way.

Oh I understand that. And I respect your values. But we could wait outside, and when they come out after the dinner ... Ha ha ha. It's okey guys. I'm very quite, and humble person. I don't hardly ever speak in class, even if I had a question or two to ask from the prof. I never ask until the end of the class when everyone else is left. :smile: Maybe it's because I'm a tard or just because coming from Asia and all. :smile: But if I see Bettis or Ward, man I tell ya. I'll never pass without saying anything. It's like ... No, there is no one to compare in this lifetime. :smile: Shoot, man. :smile:

MyCuz64Furness
07-04-2006, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't be able to sit still......but I would honor them by not bothering them at dinner......now I could see waiting outside the restaurant til they were done:bouncy: :bouncy:

SteelShooter
07-04-2006, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't be able to sit still......but I would honor them by not bothering them at dinner......now I could see waiting outside the restaurant til they were done:bouncy: :bouncy:

I'm down with that...................

Steel12
07-04-2006, 02:59 PM
I think I would've jumped on Jerome's back and started singin "The wheels on the Bus"...

Seriously :)

SteelersMongol
07-05-2006, 12:52 PM
I think I would've jumped on Jerome's back and started singin "The wheels on the Bus"...

Seriously :)

I'll be right behind you, waiting for U to come down. :smile: Then I'll jump. :smile:

ARKIESTEEL
07-05-2006, 01:00 PM
I think I would have sent over some drinks and desert

section514
07-05-2006, 03:06 PM
I think I would have sent over some drinks and desert
i was just thinkin that, either that or i would have walked over, shaken both their hands and said thank you and then walk away. I wouldnt ask for an autograph.

SteelersMongol
07-06-2006, 08:05 PM
I have to admit that some of you guys acting real classy, and like a man who's seen some stuff. :smile: And there is nothing wrong with that. But for me, as late comer, I haven't seen any of the Steelers players live (except in my dreams) :smile: there is no way I'm just gonna wink and go away. Ha ha ha. To me it's like seeing Jesus, or Buddha, or Mohammed sitting in a restaurant talking, and all I said was "Sup?" and pass away. :smile: You ask questions, you shake their hands, you touch whatever they are wearing, and you act retarded, when one sees someone he worshipped. :smile:

83-Steelers-43
07-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Umm I think Jerome is getting married like this weekend or some thing like that!

Jerome Bettis Ties The Knot
July 11, 2006

(KDKA) One of Pittsburgh’s favorite former Steelers is no longer a bachelor.

Sources close to retired Steelers running back Jerome Bettis say he tied the knot in Montego Bay, Jamaica over the weekend.

Many NFL stars attended the ceremony, including Joey Porter, Hines Ward and Donovan McNabb.

Bettis and his wife have a 1-year-old daughter.

cbalke
07-11-2006, 05:26 PM
i ate lunch one day at southpointe and mario lemieux and brian trottier walked in and had lunch just down the bar from me. a lot of people came up with stuff for them to sign. they were friendly to every single person and signed everything.

personally, i didn't say anything to them or anything. it was just kind of cool sharing the same bar, you know? now...if i'd had my kids with me, we'd have been all over them! :)