PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hoke officially retires

meelanova
01-25-2012, 03:30 PM
...according to ESPN's Adam Scheffter. I wonder who's next.

If true here's to good career with Pittsburgh. :tt02:

stb_steeler
01-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Hokey one of my favs.....We'll miss ya Hokey!:wave:

Fire Arians
01-25-2012, 03:33 PM
He will be missed, he was a great backup during his tenure. I hope he enjoys the retired life

Bayz101
01-25-2012, 03:38 PM
He was excellent when called upon this year, and I hope he enjoys being retired. Best of luck.

6RingsAndCounting
01-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Interesting stat via Ed Bouchette. Steelers were 17-1 with Hoke as a starter at NT.

StainlessStill
01-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Hoke was good enough to be a starter in this league. Hoke was one of those pieces to the puzzle that made us a SUPER BOWL CONTENDER. The selfishness of a backup player being plugged in crucial moments and succeeding. Hokie is a great Steeler in my book.

Also one of the most down to Earth and well-spoken, appreciating guys I've met. Very nice guy that enjoyed life and the fans alike. We need more guys like Hokie around this team.

HERE'S TO #76!

Rick5895
01-25-2012, 03:56 PM
I sure will miss watching him play on Sundays, a true unheralded hero on the DL

BKAnthem
01-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Strong as Bull, that dude was

stb_steeler
01-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Hoke was good enough to be a starter in this league. Hoke was one of those pieces to the puzzle that made us a SUPER BOWL CONTENDER. The selfishness of a backup player being plugged in crucial moments and succeeding. Hokie is a great Steeler in my book.

Also one of the most down to Earth and well-spoken, appreciating guys I've met. Very nice guy that enjoyed life and the fans alike. We need more guys like Hokie around this team.

HERE'S TO #76!

Doesnt Hokey kind of remind you of Mike Webster

55BaileyFan
01-25-2012, 05:38 PM
http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/2012/01/hoke-retires.html

I have met him before, he is a gentle giant. Loved that dude, hope the rest of his life is as AMAZING as the last eleven years were.

harrison'samonster
01-25-2012, 05:43 PM
he'll definitely be missed. It's nice to know that he's been a part of two SB winning teams!

steeltheone
01-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Thanks Hokie ....A reliable backup

CA Black & Gold
01-25-2012, 07:53 PM
I coached Chris in High School. One of the finest young men I have ever been around. So proud of all he has accomplished with our beloved Steelers. Spoke with Chris today by text to congratulate him and wish him the best. He is truly a role model for any young person.

Bayz101
01-25-2012, 07:59 PM
I coached Chris in High School. One of the finest young men I have ever been around. So proud of all he has accomplished with our beloved Steelers. Spoke with Chris today by text to congratulate him and wish him the best. He is truly a role model for any young person.

Chris is a great player, and he's always been excellent when called upon. Our record as a team with him in there was truly amazing, and it's going to be hard to see him gone. Welcome to SF, and tell him, from all of us here at SF, best wishes moving forward.

Steel Peon
01-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Thanks for all the great years Hoke, you're the first of many difficult departures to come.

tanda10506
01-25-2012, 11:39 PM
17-1 with him, of course it wasn't all him, but some of it had to be. He could have started, too bad he's gone.

tony hipchest
01-25-2012, 11:41 PM

Too cool! Thank you for joining and sharing your personal experience. :thumbsup:

although I already knew the answer, I just asked Hokie (via twitter) "you could have demanded a trade or your release to be a starter for half the teams in the NFL, yet you never did. Why not?"

his response-

hokiebro76Chris Hoke

@Steelers_Fever I couldn't see myself going anywhere else. Also me, my wife and kids were heavily involved in the community.

a true class act. a true steeler. a true fan favorite.

sometimes its more than just stats or "what have you done for me lately".

atleast it is to THIS steelersfan!

:tt02::tt04::tt::tt03::helmet:

LayingTheWoodley56
01-26-2012, 12:29 AM
We will miss you Hokey! How many teams are fortunate enough to have a starting-caliber back-up for as many years as we had him at NT? 76 always showed up to play, filled whatever role was asked of him and stepped in whenever needed. I'll never forget the way he stepped in for Snack when he went down for the year early in Ben's rookie season against Dallas. Thanks for everything Chris, good luck with your non-football life and we hope to see you back in Pittsburgh some weekend.

MDSteel15
01-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Farewell to a TRUE professional.... :hatsoff:

BengalDestroyer
01-26-2012, 03:38 PM
:drink:So long Hoke, we wish you the best, you will def. be missed...

BKAnthem
01-26-2012, 07:47 PM
I don't even consider him a Back up...he was just as much a starter as Snack to me...