PDA

View Full Version : pistons no longer a title contender....

Koopa
07-03-2006, 08:45 PM
and i love it lol.....damn they lose the heart and soul of the team and get nothing in return. looks like bron bron will start to take over the east, cause all wade has is a has been shaq

For the last six years, Ben Wallace has been the face of the Detroit Pistons. No more.

A league source told ESPN.com Monday night that Wallace has told the Pistons he has accepted an offer from the Chicago Bulls.

While exact details are unavailable, the offer is thought to be a four-year, $52 million deal.

A deal can't become official until July 12, when the salary cap is set for the 2006-07 season and exact contract values can be computed.

The move will come as a shock to Pistons fans who thought the chances Wallace would bolt from Detroit were slim to none.

The Pistons came out of the gate Saturday offering Wallace a whopping four-year, $48 million deal, but they told the four-time defensive player of the year that it was their final offer.

The signing clearly upgrades the Bulls' front court, albeit at an exorbitant price. The Bulls will have to use roughly $13.5 million of their projected $16.7 million in cap space to secure Wallace.

However, Wallace adds the veteran toughness and defensive presence the Bulls felt they lacked up front.

Look for the Bulls to now explore trade scenarios involving Tyson Chandler.

One potential opportunity, according to sources, is New Orleans, which is mulling a Chandler-for-P. J. Brown swap. Brown is in the last year of his contract, which would give the Bulls even more cap relief next season.

The Bulls also have explored Chandler trade scenarios with the Hawks (via an Al Harrington sign-and-trade) and the Warriors.

The move puts the Pistons in a difficult position.

They lose Wallace for nothing and don't have anything more than the $5.1 million mid-level exception to offer to potential replacements.

There are a few starting center-caliber free agents out there, such as Joel Przybilla and Nazr Mohammed, but none who can give the Pistons what Wallace did.

Instead, the Pistons may opt to beef up their backcourt and to move to a more up-tempo style with Rasheed Wallace at five and Antonio McDyess at the four.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2508742

Jeremy
07-03-2006, 08:47 PM
And the East sinks further into the muck.

I love it.

Lyn
07-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Piston fans were not at all shocked. Rumors of Wallace leaving after this year have been swirling about for a year. We all thought he would go to Cleveland though. :)

Black@Gold Forever32
07-03-2006, 09:35 PM
As a Bulls fan I love this signing. I love players that play the game like Ben Wallace does. With this signing I see the Bulls gunning for the 4th or 5th seed in the East next year. The Bulls will rise again. Now if they can get a true point guard. I will be more then thrilled.

Livinginthe past
07-03-2006, 11:08 PM
We need to find out what Detriot 'all-sports' fan Brady 12 thinks about this!

NM

CantStop85
07-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Wow, the Baby Bulls are growing up. I think the East as a whole is done as a contender...the Heat are still going to be good, but Shaq is just about done. With the Mavs, the Spurs, and the Suns in the West I think the NBA title will be going back to the West.

Steel12
07-04-2006, 01:48 PM
As a Bulls fan I love this signing. I love players that play the game like Ben Wallace does. With this signing I see the Bulls gunning for the 4th or 5th seed in the East next year. The Bulls will rise again. Now if they can get a true point guard. I will be more then thrilled.

Heinrich is more than capable of runnin the 1. They have probably the best young backcourt in the game today. Any Bulls fan should be thrilled with Kirk at the point.

CowherLover
07-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Wow, the Baby Bulls are growing up. I think the East as a whole is done as a contender...the Heat are still going to be good, but Shaq is just about done. With the Mavs, the Spurs, and the Suns in the West I think the NBA title will be going back to the West.
So are you saying that youd don't think LeBron and the Cav's are even contenders? Interesting.

Koopa
07-04-2006, 02:40 PM
yeah kirk is a very good guard, good defender, shooter, a guess good passer haven't really seen him play a lot though. the bulls have a very good backcourt

anyway. more evdence that the pistons are no longer contenders

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2509256

nazr is good but he pump fakes 90 million times in a row, has no hands at all.

tony hipchest
07-04-2006, 03:28 PM
and i love it lol.....damn they lose the heart and soul of the team and get nothing in return. looks like bron bron will start to take over the east, cause all wade has is a has been shaq

youre discounting wades killer instinct to take that final shot in a HUGE game with everything on the line. at this point in his career, if labron has that opportunity, i think he dishes off if he has a duncan or shaq type player on his team.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Heinrich is more than capable of runnin the 1. They have probably the best young backcourt in the game today. Any Bulls fan should be thrilled with Kirk at the point.

Well I don't think he has true point guard skills for the NBA. Kirk did rank 16th in the NBA it assists per game. But to me Kirk is more of a 2 guard. Any Bulls fan should be thrilled about Kirk at the point. Well I'm not and alot of Bulls fans that I know think the Bulls need a more true point guard. Bulls can get by with Kirk Hinrich at the point. But it wouldn't hurt to upgrade.

Koopa
07-04-2006, 04:02 PM
youre discounting wades killer instinct to take that final shot in a HUGE game with everything on the line. at this point in his career, if labron has that opportunity, i think he dishes off if he has a duncan or shaq type player on his team.

naw stern will turn on wade and go for bron bron. so now the east is his

tony hipchest
07-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Well I don't think he has true point guard skills for the NBA. Kirk did rank 16th in the NBA it assists per game. But to me Kirk is more of a 2 guard. Any Bulls fan should be thrilled about Kirk at the point. Well I'm not and alot of Bulls fans that I know think the Bulls need a more true point guard. Bulls can get by with Kirk Hinrich at the point. But it wouldn't hurt to upgrade.ben shoulda learned from j. williams accident.

tony hipchest
07-04-2006, 04:34 PM
naw stern will turn on wade and go for bron bron. so now the east is his i guess as long as sterns not hugging on the nuts of the spurs or lakers im all good widit

Koopa
07-04-2006, 04:38 PM
at least you are finally admitting that stern rigs the nba to what gets better ratings.

tony hipchest
07-04-2006, 04:43 PM
at least you are finally admitting that stern rigs the nba to what gets better ratings.not really. i think thats just something the fans of loser teams use to justify their teams players missing shots in the clutch.

its all about the players hitting their shots. not the commish or coaching or refs.

CantStop85
07-04-2006, 05:07 PM
So are you saying that youd don't think LeBron and the Cav's are even contenders? Interesting.
I think they'll be one of the top teams in the east, if not THE top team in the East. However, I think the West is going to be just a little too tough for the East as a whole. Give LeBron another couple of years and another star player before he wins a championship.

Koopa
07-04-2006, 05:30 PM
not really. i think thats just something the fans of loser teams use to justify their teams players missing shots in the clutch.

its all about the players hitting their shots. not the commish or coaching or refs.

funny i was saying the same thing when the spurs won the championship, and hte steelers won the championship, it's all about ratings and which team will get that. steelers had teh whole bettis gimmick going for us that's why we got the calls, and wade and shaq had the whole shaq gonna win a ring without kobe and wade is mj the second coming

tony hipchest
07-04-2006, 05:45 PM
funny i was saying the same thing when the spurs won the championship, and hte steelers won the championship, it's all about ratings and which team will get that. steelers had teh whole bettis gimmick going for us that's why we got the calls, and wade and shaq had the whole shaq gonna win a ring without kobe and wade is mj the second comingsteelers won the champ. cause they were the better TEAM. not cause tagliabue was trying to snatch bandwaggon wrestling fans away from v. mccmahon.

what was your point? (and do you know who the media darling colts and giants are?)

point is you bitched out and said you werent even gonna watch the finals as soon as the spurs were knocked out. i watched every game. heat were the better team, regardless of your wacky conspiracy "degeneration x theories" lay off the wrastlin and it may give you a more clear perspective.

Koopa
07-04-2006, 05:57 PM
naw i'll watch whatever i want, i like how you are an ass now that i didn't take your karma buddies side.

i know the colts are the media darlings why do you think they had all the calls, the steelers just messed up their plans, so they had to go to plan B and that was bettis so of course we were the better team because we were next in line, so the refs made sure there wasn't an upset. just like wade had more free throw attempts then the whole mavs team that one game. everytime wade started off slow the refs were there for him by putting him on the line. oh well go ahead and keep lying to yourself

tony hipchest
07-04-2006, 06:05 PM
naw i'll watch whatever i want, i like how you are an ass now that i didn't take your karma buddies side.

i know the colts are the media darlings why do you think they had all the calls, the steelers just messed up their plans, so they had to go to plan B and that was bettis so of course we were the better team because we were next in line, so the refs made sure there wasn't an upset. just like wade had more free throw attempts then the whole mavs team that one game. everytime wade started off slow the refs were there for him by putting him on the line. oh well go ahead and keep lying to yourself

im an ass? i just call it how i see it and speak my mind. kinda like you, right? word.

keep lying to yourself. you stomped your feet and stormed offa the court with your ball in hand as soon as the spurs lost. you missed the fact that the heat could actually get into the paint whereas the heat d shut the mavs offense down inside and let them shoot away from the outside (shots they missed along with the critical shots from the stripe.). keep lying to yourself all you want, i just dont think you know basketball like you say you do.

Koopa
07-04-2006, 06:10 PM
im an ass? i just call it how i see it and speak my mind. kinda like you, right? word.

keep lying to yourself. you stomped your feet and stormed offa the court with your ball in hand as soon as the spurs lost. you missed the fact that the heat could actually get into the paint whereas the heat d shut the mavs offense down inside and let them shoot away from the outside (shots they missed along with the critical shots from the stripe.). keep lying to yourself all you want, i just dont think you know basketball like you say you do.

naw your an ass cause you were never like this until i didn't take your karma buddies side, but i like this side, now i have someone to talk shit with. i just hope you don't get homotional like your rep buddie and run away when i don't agree with everyword you type. so just remember it's a message board

it's funny the heat couldn't do it the first two games and then all of sudden it goes to miami and the calls become hell for the mavs and heat are having their way with them. i was rooting for the heat so i don't mind, but it plain as day that the refs were on their side, espically when one player has more free throw attempts then the other team as a whole

tony hipchest
07-04-2006, 06:15 PM
naw your an ass cause you were never like this until i didn't take your karma buddies side, but i like this side, now i have someone to talk shit with. i just hope you don't get homotional like your rep buddie and run away when i don't agree with everyword you type. so just remember it's a message board

it's funny the heat couldn't do it the first two games and then all of sudden it goes to miami and the calls become hell for the mavs and heat are having their way with them. i was rooting for the heat so i don't mind, but it plain as day that the refs were on their side, espically when one player has more free throw attempts then the other team as a wholekarma buddie and rep buddy??????

what the hell are you insinuating???

i think youve hit me on the pos more than suit has so you straight up talking out yo azz!

and dont bother tryin to schoole me on bb going ons. i dont need the extra class, thank you.

BB2W
07-04-2006, 06:15 PM
No big deal at all... Ben was great at one end of the court, but a huge liability at the other end. I was sick of seeing him miss free throws, lay-ups, and open jumpers anyway. When I looked at that team I always thought his position was the one area they could improve.

Koopa
07-04-2006, 06:24 PM
karma buddie and rep buddy??????

what the hell are you insinuating???

i think youve hit me on the pos more than suit has so you straight up talking out yo azz!

and dont bother tryin to schoole me on bb going ons. i dont need the extra class, thank you.

lol, you need to stop getting so emotional, i'm just f'king with you. damn i didn't know taking suits side meant so much to you, now you can't even take a joke. maybe removing the stick from your ass will lightin you up....again i'm just messing with you don't cry

Koopa
07-04-2006, 06:26 PM
No big deal at all... Ben was great at one end of the court, but a huge liability at the other end. I was sick of seeing him miss free throws, lay-ups, and open jumpers anyway. When I looked at that team I always thought his position was the one area they could improve.

well stat wise y'all will improve cause nazr is now a good free throw shooter thanks to our free throw/shooting coach. but what the pistons will miss is his nastiness, his leadership. ppl won't be afraid to go at narz. and i think you should write to the pistons and tell them not to pass to narz unless he is clearly open and looking cause he has stone hands

tony hipchest
07-04-2006, 06:28 PM
lol, you need to stop getting so emotional, i'm just f'king with you. damn i didn't know taking suits side meant so much to you, now you can't even take a joke. maybe removing the stick from your ass will lightin you up....again i'm just messing with you don't cryi think the stick in YOUR craw is OTHER peoples rep count or it wouldnt be a continiung issue. (nice backtrack there though) lol :sofunny:

funny joke there carrot top.

(wasnt it you who started to catch feelings when i called you on abandonning your favorite sport as soon as the spurs were eliminated?) talk about someone not being able to take a joke.

Koopa
07-04-2006, 06:37 PM
i think the stick in YOUR craw is OTHER peoples rep count or it wouldnt be a continiung issue. (nice backtrack there though) lol :sofunny:

funny joke there carrot top.

(wasnt it you who started to catch feelings when i called you on abandonning your favorite sport as soon as the spurs were eliminated?) talk about someone not being able to take a joke.

i don't remember getting mad when you said that, i know i abandoned basketball when the spurs got knocked out of the playoffs. plus you can tell when i'm mad, i cuss more and the only cuss word i used so far is ass, and that's isn't a badword to me lol..oh wait i said f'king but it wasn't used in a bad way it was just used as i'm messing with you kinda way lol. and why did you say carrot top?????

tony hipchest
07-04-2006, 06:41 PM
carrot top is a comedian and i was making a joke.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-04-2006, 06:43 PM

Tony, you mean carrot top attempts to be a comedian.

Koopa
07-04-2006, 06:43 PM

oh yeah forgot about that dude. anyway........pistons are gonna suck next year woooo hooooo

Lyn
07-07-2006, 12:54 AM
oh yeah forgot about that dude. anyway........pistons are gonna suck next year woooo hooooo

The Pistons never "suck," my dear